Balancing Non-Consensual PvP

• Dear, there is something called choices. In games market, the deve made a choice: create a game which is good for people who enjoy hardcore PvP.

When you, with your mindset do not fit in the game, It is like trying to but a size "S" shirt when your size is "L".

The deve already know they lack of PVE game contente. They already know How salty gankers can be and are. But they made a choice: keep the game loyal to its first Idea.

It is a choice that sells less, It is a choice that takes courage, and I admire them for that.

The problem is we would like the game to fit in our mind, but it is our mind that need to fit in the game (or, as I suggested twice, leave).

Do not be offended, but that is how it is. The devs already know they lack of pve content and do not care enough for this.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Artenemis ().

• You know what,

I want to apolgise because i mis-read the way you wrote it.

That's why I changed what I wrote to "i do not understand what you are trying to say".

I wasn't able to delete my post.

I was surprised when I read the line that you actually gather in the safe zone and enjoy that.

Until I read that line, I thought you were saying "anyone who does not like the pvp zones should quit or play in the safe zone until they quit"

which is what I found offensive.

Then I realised you are a gatherer, not a ganker.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «
    • Bloodwolff wrote:

Are you happy with the players exploiting by hiding behind the portal so they don't show their names of the edge of the viewable screen, so that once you enter a red zone you have next to no chance in hell of escaping, if you think this at all fair, then you need to rethink your approach to the game, as it stands currently pretty much nearly all the content of the game is of limits to players that just want to pve, so I wouldn't suggest to any player that wants to do pve to waste their time with this game, as it only really caters for the cheaters in the game. There is no real fairness or balance within the game as far as gankers vs victims go. It really surprises me that you're not really concerned with the number of new players leaving after 2-3 days. Which is why I will ask will you be making a second server available with relaxed pvp rules for the few pve players out there, or even make it so that these players are able to host their own game so they are there friends can play via direct connection. The game would still be connected to the online shop and have premium, but it would allow players to enjoy the full content of the game with out the worry of being ganked the moment they enter a red or black zone.
      this game is easily exploitable.

we're allowed to use two characters at the same time as long as they don't interact if i'm not mistaken

so you can just use your phone as a scout machine and let the gankers kill it to reveal their position.

it's really not fucking hard
    • YaayAlbion wrote:

So people enter the pvp zone, but then want to avoid the risk of pvp?

The green zone is a good place for them I guess.
      the thing is you call it the pvp zone

but it isn't only the pvp zone, its a zone with higher tier resources

so that means not everyone is going there for the same purpose

so you strawmanning players who go to the black zone for resources like they are illogical for going to the 'pvp zone' and not wanting to pvp is fallacious

-

that actually gives me a good idea

why don't the devs have an area that is 100% pvp and it doesnt have any resources. No nodes. But of course, pvpers can get full sets of gear off each others death.

THEN, you won't have gatherers going there.

Then you won't have people like yaayalbion saying stupid things like "So people enter the pvp zone, but then want to avoid the risk of pvp?"

The post was edited 4 times, last by PenguinSniper ().

• PenguinSniper wrote:

You know what,

I want to apolgise because i mis-read the way you wrote it.

That's why I changed what I wrote to "i do not understand what you are trying to say".

I wasn't able to delete my post.

I was surprised when I read the line that you actually gather in the safe zone and enjoy that.

Until I read that line, I thought you were saying "anyone who does not like the pvp zones should quit or play in the safe zone until they quit"

which is what I found offensive.

Then I realised you are a gatherer, not a ganker.
      Exactly! Look, no problem. See you arround.
    • Yes, please continue the spam. I still couldn't read a single valid argument to change anything with current balance.

I think new map is going to make outer edges safer for gatherers, but on the other hand you need to transport the stuff later..

Simple questions, how much your gear costs, what's your profit and what are your costs (of deaths) ?

Because argument that you make 2m silver per hour and you die once a day isn't really good.

BTW. You nerf ganking, you'll be making 200k silver per hour instead of 2m the day after.
    • In my humble opinion, the game is PvP period.

1) until t4 you are in a kind of tutorial of the real game.

2) yellow zones have t5 nodes, but not in quantaties viable for farming.

3) red and Black zones are pvp (in more or less risks).

So, for a PVE kinda player, the game ends at yellow zones. "Ahhhh, but you could have 20 accounts and pay Premium in ALL of them and be a farming king". No, I can not.

It means, I can have a Free sample of what is to gather t5 and REALLY gather t4 and Bellow.

The solution? I do not know. I thought of a lot, but do not know the consequences of It in a large scale.

The thing is: who plays and pay this game with real money? Who os affording the Company? The devs should listen to this niche, If they want the game to keep going.

Do you undetstand what I mean? I play the game, I like it, but the I can see the experience could be more positive for Ppl who have my mindset.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Artenemis ().

• A group from our guild just went out gathering in BZ after reset and cleaned up, 5 players, 3 zones, only met a few gankers, none of which were able to get a kill. PvE players can prosper if they have the guts to go out, know how to survive gank attempts and are willing to accept losses and offset them against the gains.

Our top gatherer in our guild doesnt do anything else, does no pvp, dungeons etc. Just BZ gathering and make a fortune. He doesnt seem to have much problem?

Risk is what makes the game what it is, PvE players have to accept that if they want to be successful.
    • I fail to understand some of the arguments here. First, Albion Online was always meant to be a PvP centric game even back when it was just a concept. It was always advertised to be this way. Now I can understand how some players may want more PvE content but that's not what type of game this is. I'm honestly surprised how much PvE content made it into the game since the first alpha. When I decided to play this game for the first time, I did so with the understanding that Albion is kill or be killed/high risk vs high reward. This is also a game where it is highly recommended that you play and work with others to achieve your goals.

For those talking about balance between gankers and gatherers, I'd say there's plenty of strategies that can be used by both gear wise. It's also quite balanced in my opinion in its current state. I think from some of the complaints I'm hearing is that some players are not part of a guild or try to do some activities solo. This game was never really meant to be played solo. You are meant to join guilds and group up with people. If you are a gatherer and feel PvP is unbalanced, then maybe your build could use some work, or you need to gather as a small group for added protection, or use guild territories as a base to gather from. Also, if you are that gatherer who rides an ox, you basically have it coming. Speed is key in black zones, not maximum carry capacity. Can't tell you how happy I get when I see an ox as it's almost a guaranteed kill. If you are a ganker and feel the PvP is unbalanced, you need to properly set up ambushes and traps with a good size group. Use narrow entrances and block exits and have fast attackers run prey into waiting ambush groups. I have never had problems from either side of the fence but that's just me.
      Alpha and Beta Tester, Legendary Founder and Starter, Recruiter

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zorva ().

• check out albion online in "about" section.
      PvE is welcome, but it is not core. So with that it nagate idea of separeted servers (pve and pvp).
      And what milenials do, You ask?
      Well find it out by yourself, because I dont care about chenging your mind about it.
      It can by usefull for someone in form it is right now, and this post is only for those ppl who get it, without additional thinks, as those ppl may think for themself.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Qolkkalom ().

• Artenemis wrote:

Man, what does a game has to do with milenials Babies?

Look, I really do not undetstand why you call people who want more PvE content a milenial. Would you mind explaining it to me, plz?
      The issue is that the PvE can never give the rewards of PvP content, so PvE'rs will never be happy with it. Currently you can do RDs safely in red zones (if you are any good), yet that is not good enough. People want PvE in BZ which gives the same reward, which cannot happen.
    • Moosius wrote:

Artenemis wrote:

Man, what does a game has to do with milenials Babies?

Look, I really do not undetstand why you call people who want more PvE content a milenial. Would you mind explaining it to me, plz?
      The issue is that the PvE can never give the rewards of PvP content, so PvE'rs will never be happy with it. Currently you can do RDs safely in red zones (if you are any good), yet that is not good enough. People want PvE in BZ which gives the same reward, which cannot happen.
      I undetstand what you are saying and I agree with you, at some point. Obviously the high rewards should be at Black zones.

What I am questioning (and maybe a Lot of other players as well) is that the real safe content ends in early game. As soon as we reach that point, the game starts to die for us. We are not gonna reset our mindset, we are going to play until get bored enough.

See, I can Farm T3 in T3 zones, I can Farm t4 in T4 zones. When I enter a YZ T5, the ammount of resources almost obligates me to Go to a RZ.

The late game is PvP. But should not be an option for mid players who not want to PvP? Only the early game is PvE.

Check the new YouTube advertising Albion is promoting. Seems they want more players with my kinda of gameplay.

"You are in the wrong game"

Ok, I get that. But, as costumer, am I not allowed to give opinion? And as some1 who thinks the game is almost perfect, can I not give my opinion?

As I said before: the devs made a choice and their choice makes them lose a part of the market. Is this part of market necessary for the game to keep going and even grow?

Isnt there another option to make the game more attractive to ppl like me?

Well, I Will keep farming my T4 resources (never minded about profit, only about developing my chat) and wait. Who knows, someday, our voices make enough sound.
    • glokz wrote:

That's where the value of territories come by.

It's not much a benefit for the guild leader to have terries anymore, but it's very helpful for gatherers.

BTW. Gathering is so profitable now, if it's get any safer it won't be as good content as it is now. That's how economy works.
      The only good thing about cluster is there are ressources in it. Only noobs gatherers think they are safer with cluster, a good player doesn't really need it. Gankers are 90% of the time really bad and predictibles ...

The post was edited 1 time, last by ZhangLiaoSebi ().

• Yibrahimovic wrote:

instead of crying improve your tactics
      I really suck at fights (really, think about some1 you know who is really bad at It. Now, multiply by 10 and you Will have an idea how bad I am at PvP). Well, anyways, I am that bad, cuz I hate fighting againist real people. I Love Coop, but hate PvP.

Could I stop crying? Yes. Do I want to? No! Maybe the game could be a good place for both kinda players. And, Someday, If that happens and both group of people could play and the game gets more money, grows more, blablabla, you may think "that crying woman had a point".