Balancing Non-Consensual PvP

• Qolkkalom wrote:

You are reffering to me(my post), and yet You speak to me in 3rd person, so here is question? Who really is that autistic persona?
      Well, I guess it can only be himself... Right?

Coonery wrote:

why cant a gather and pvp at the same time? resources are heavy as f*** but i dont want to put on gathering gear :( sadly the life of a t8 lumberjack that loves to solo pvp
      Yeah, resources are heavy as s***, but PvPers want gatherers to fight back even when overloaded out of horse. Even when using unexpensive gathering gear and carrying only what we gathered... If you are a Guild that owns the map and don't want to share your resources I'm on your side. But if you only want to steal some people's game time from them, you should be punished more by the system. Have a bounty be put on your head by the dying party or something.
    • Lol, it was fun anyway. xD
      Im make sure that if I speak to someone know each post it is to him/her, specially on forum where it can take couple days.

It is looks like all autism get all over the place just because we try to speak to 'source'.
      Im not going to participate my presence in thread where autism apear anymore.

Just it is so easy to by confused after days who to who speak about what if there is non clear stats like this @aktillum88

It is not worthy, as I may friendlyfire xD
      And for that friendlyfire I must say sorry.
      (My laptop get rekted yesterday so...)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Qolkkalom ().

• "What happens right now is that "prey" gets it all, as when you gather you can have your horse nearby, and you can hop on it in 0.5 seconds at the first sign of danger."

Wrong. 75%+ of ganks on me are initiated through stealth and i have no chance to mount.

"After this, groups of like 6 players fail to catch people even on t3 horses"

Also wrong. An organized group of 6 can easily catch a player on a t3 horse and kill him. A bunch of noobs running around like 5 year olds chasing a soccer ball can not.

Didn't bother reading beyond this due to frequency of errors.
    • Stochastic42 wrote:

"What happens right now is that "prey" gets it all, as when you gather you can have your horse nearby, and you can hop on it in 0.5 seconds at the first sign of danger."

Wrong. 75%+ of ganks on me are initiated through stealth and i have no chance to mount.

"After this, groups of like 6 players fail to catch people even on t3 horses"

Also wrong. An organized group of 6 can easily catch a player on a t3 horse and kill him. A bunch of noobs running around like 5 year olds chasing a soccer ball can not.

Didn't bother reading beyond this due to frequency of errors.
      YEp agreed
      A skilled player can single handedly take down a gatherer with appropriate gear. (purge their wanderlust, curse, or dagger pair+ poison to kill the mount)
      and a skilled gatherer can also get away easily from 5year old soccerball chasers: you use undead cape and either quarrier boots or demon boots and a giga pot- poof ur 4 maps away before u reappear on 15-20% hp. Yes you can cry u lose boots gather bonus, but your survivability goes up 90%)
      And yes well setup gankers can easily circomvent this with that hood that shows this invised' person. or even just a root and aoe.

My opinion short:
      Don't change too much, its balanced, maybe just give both parties more gear options to pick from so there is more choice in gearsetup for ganking and gathering. balance is good.
    • Are you happy with the players exploiting by hiding behind the portal so they don't show their names of the edge of the viewable screen, so that once you enter a red zone you have next to no chance in hell of escaping, if you think this at all fair, then you need to rethink your approach to the game, as it stands currently pretty much nearly all the content of the game is of limits to players that just want to pve, so I wouldn't suggest to any player that wants to do pve to waste their time with this game, as it only really caters for the cheaters in the game. There is no real fairness or balance within the game as far as gankers vs victims go. It really surprises me that you're not really concerned with the number of new players leaving after 2-3 days. Which is why I will ask will you be making a second server available with relaxed pvp rules for the few pve players out there, or even make it so that these players are able to host their own game so they are there friends can play via direct connection. The game would still be connected to the online shop and have premium, but it would allow players to enjoy the full content of the game with out the worry of being ganked the moment they enter a red or black zone.
      [b][u][i][color=#800000]Bloodwolff[/color][/i][/u][/b]
    • Idunno about it being to hard to catch gank targets... There are a lot of tactics we have as gankers to keep up, and we can use our wit to outplay their limited kit in preventing us from keeping up. A duo gank squad can easily subdue any solo gatherer even within 150m of his territory. I'm not sure what the whining is about, but as a newcomer to the world of Albion - it's very easy to catch gatherers.
    • Bloodwolff wrote:

Which is why I will ask will you be making a second server available with relaxed pvp rules for the few pve players out there. It would allow players to enjoy the full content of the game with out the worry of being ganked the moment they enter a red or black zone.
      What content?

PvE in this game is absolute garbage. The only real content in thie game IS PvP.

I do agree that the game has big problems when it comes to the solo and newbie experience. But a PvE server is just going to be a waste of everybody's time. We need other solutions.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Stravanov wrote:

Bloodwolff wrote:

Which is why I will ask will you be making a second server available with relaxed pvp rules for the few pve players out there. It would allow players to enjoy the full content of the game with out the worry of being ganked the moment they enter a red or black zone.
      What content?
      PvE in this game is absolute garbage. The only real content in thie game IS PvP.

I do agree that the game has big problems when it comes to the solo and newbie experience. But a PvE server is just going to be a waste of everybody's time. We need other solutions.
      The PvE could be a whole hell of a lot worse lmao.

Bloodwolf you are a carebear pansy lol go back to runescape.
    • Bloodwolff wrote:

Are you happy with the players exploiting by hiding behind the portal so they don't show their names of the edge of the viewable screen, so that once you enter a red zone you have next to no chance in hell of escaping, if you think this at all fair, then you need to rethink your approach to the game, as it stands currently pretty much nearly all the content of the game is of limits to players that just want to pve, so I wouldn't suggest to any player that wants to do pve to waste their time with this game, as it only really caters for the cheaters in the game. There is no real fairness or balance within the game as far as gankers vs victims go. It really surprises me that you're not really concerned with the number of new players leaving after 2-3 days. Which is why I will ask will you be making a second server available with relaxed pvp rules for the few pve players out there, or even make it so that these players are able to host their own game so they are there friends can play via direct connection. The game would still be connected to the online shop and have premium, but it would allow players to enjoy the full content of the game with out the worry of being ganked the moment they enter a red or black zone.
      ???? I am both a ganker and a gatherer, how do you manage to get ganked entering a red zone? You have a bubble, there is a NUMBER on the map which tells you how many reds are in the zone, you have a massive array of options to make an escape build. I cant even remember the last time I was ganked whilst gathering in reds?

This game is built on risk vrs rewards, as soon as you take that away to pander to solos / carebears then the whole game falls down. Yes, BZ's are risky, they are designed to be risky. When I first started i was losing at least a gear set a day, you just have to learn to accept it. Damn, I lost two big gears sets yesterday when our ganking group got rolled by ZvZ teams, it happens. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Without the gankers / pvp / risk their is no point to the game. I once lost over a million (boar, gear, packages etc) doing trade runs when i ran into a ganking group in a tunnel with a bloody siege balista! Did I cry about it, no, I message them to say fair play for taking a balista out ganking and got myself another boar.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Moosius ().

• Bloodwolff wrote:

Are you happy with the players exploiting by hiding behind the portal so they don't show their names of the edge of the viewable screen, so that once you enter a red zone you have next to no chance in hell of escaping, if you think this at all fair, then you need to rethink your approach to the game, as it stands currently pretty much nearly all the content of the game is of limits to players that just want to pve, so I wouldn't suggest to any player that wants to do pve to waste their time with this game, as it only really caters for the cheaters in the game. There is no real fairness or balance within the game as far as gankers vs victims go. It really surprises me that you're not really concerned with the number of new players leaving after 2-3 days. Which is why I will ask will you be making a second server available with relaxed pvp rules for the few pve players out there, or even make it so that these players are able to host their own game so they are there friends can play via direct connection. The game would still be connected to the online shop and have premium, but it would allow players to enjoy the full content of the game with out the worry of being ganked the moment they enter a red or black zone.
      Honestly man, just go play Fortnite or Pokémon Go. This new generation of kids that just can not play a game without their hand being held, being showered with rewards or protected from every single little thing working against them. Your kind has killed plenty of MMO's already. If you can not handle getting ganked in this game, please play something different. In terms of PvE, there is much much better out there. Many of which are also f2p so your broke ass won't have to flex none.

Can't turn a profit gathering because you get ganked? Then go gank..

Cant make a profit ganking, and cant make a profit gathering because you get ganked? Uninstall, game is too difficult for you.

Its fucking hot here right now and I'm getting pissed just reading this whiny shit.
    • Zyntra wrote:

Bloodwolff wrote:

Honestly man, just go play Fortnite or Pokémon Go. This new generation of kids that just can not play a game without their hand being held, being showered with rewards or protected from every single little thing working against them. Your kind has killed plenty of MMO's already. If you can not handle getting ganked in this game, please play something different. In terms of PvE, there is much much better out there. Many of which are also f2p so your broke ass won't have to flex none.
      Can't turn a profit gathering because you get ganked? Then go gank..

Cant make a profit ganking, and cant make a profit gathering because you get ganked? Uninstall, game is too difficult for you.

Its fucking hot here right now and I'm getting pissed just reading this whiny shit.
      Pretty much what i was trying to say, just not as polite, think I actually prefer your version.......
    • Korn wrote:

Unless we set up a gameplay center in a low wage country where we pay people to get killed over and over again, this won't work.
      Solution: 'Thief Goblin' npc.

Allow a new type of npc that randomly spawns on clusters that can steal x amount of loot (i would recommend 10% of the resources being carried) and it runs away. Can be chased down and items can be retrieved. If you fail to retrieve your items, that thief goblin can be killed by another player who will get the items it is carrying.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion
    • Is the game to hostile for you? Quit playing ir stay in safe until you get bored and quit the game.

They always mention the niche of players they want in Albion and we are not the correct type.

I am in safe zones by now and enjoying playing. Will Albion still manage to keep going when ALL crying babies and new generation of 30/40 years kids starting to quit the game? Lets wait and see.

Anyways, when the boredom passes, we can come back, we do not lose our accounts by stopping playing for a while.
    • Korn wrote:

We are constantly asking ourselves how we can maximize the amount of PvP that happens in the game world, in a sustainable way.
      Why don't you make it so that players only drop 50% of their loot instead on a gank, but have a chance to drop a solo dungeon map which would be a valuable item for gankers to sell.
    • Artenemis wrote:

Is the game to hostile for you? Quit playing ir stay in safe until you get bored and quit the game.

They always mention the niche of players they want in Albion and we are not the correct type.

I am in safe zones by now and enjoying playing. Will Albion still manage to keep going when ALL crying babies and new generation of 30/40 years kids starting to quit the game? Lets wait and see.

Anyways, when the boredom passes, we can come back, we do not lose our accounts by stopping playing for a while.
      i don't even understand what you are trying to say.
    • Dethcord wrote:

people who come to PvP maps in search of riskless profit would leave for safe zones where they belong, and instead PvP maps will get filled with players who're ready to risk for their profit and who are prepared for it,

you cannot pvp with gathering gear.

so how are you gonna maximize your resource gain "and be prepared for it (pvp)"