Balancing Non-Consensual PvP

• Jahlapeno wrote:

Here's what we getting as of today:

* Crafted items are costing less than the raw materials used to craft them.

* Heavy load transports value plummeting.

* Zerging on major chokepoints where no one can get through.

"There is no distortion happening in the economy". - LOL.

* This is due to focus. With focus you can obtain 45% resources back, wish means that it cuts your raw material cost almost by half, netting you profit from crafting even if you buy the raw materials. This is intended.

*why is this a market distortion? Item prices changes are completly normal.in an economy. Due to free to play, ox prices elevated very high due to noobs buying lots of them. Now thay noobs are entering the pvp zones, they are buying less, wish causes their price to go down because there is less demand. The true market disruption is when the game became free to play, that caused a huge inflation that will eventually disapear and prices.will become stable.

* No one cant get through? Lies, cause I can get through. More like noobs dont know how to get through. You can obtain almost all resources without ever having to pass through these zerging choke points. And anyway, this is actually good for the market because it increases the demand for T4-T5-T6 gear. And this is in no way a market disruption.
    • Bigboyz wrote:

I leveled my gathering alt to t8 on all 5 resources by riding a t7 ox in the blackzones. Once you learn the quiet places and also how to mount quickly it’s fine. The high hp and speed or mounts is to help you escape getting ganked while moving from map to map. In over a year of doing this, my t7 ox only got solo ganked once by a particularly good and relentless bloodletter player.

At this point it takes a small army to bring me down on a pest lizard while out gathering. It really is about learning how to do it and avoiding traps.

Lastly, high ping and latency is bad. But if it’s the server, the ganker will also rubberband back off your screen. If it’s your personal connection, that stinks but you can’t play this game with a bad connections.
      THIS^

I gather all 5 t8 resources. I have gathered many times in the black on an ox. Now I stick with pest lizards. Did I lose a few ox's sure but I returned back with many more ox loads to balance it out. Wear a fort sterling cape to stop that first attack and then you can get mounted quickly. I have an ultra wide monitor, it helps with seeing more resources (I'm a gatherer don't want to miss anything) however while on a bridge going east to west my name plate showed up and I could only see my buddies name plate at the same time. There was no advantage his name plate did not appear until he could see mine. Now I am running 21:9 so maybe the 31:9 does give an advantage but I Can tell you the 21:9 does not for ganking purposes.
      OneOfUsIsInvis: a NA PST Guild is recruiting: discord.gg/UCpTbfX
      OneOfUsIsInvis.com
    • Think it is pretty well balanced tbh atm,
      I am T8 gathering in all professions so i've done my part in gathering, and I have also been ganking for a long time.
      Escaping as gatherer is easy because most ppl run an inviable ganking set.( they have no purge, no catch..) and most gatherers dont use the correct items to improve their chance on escape.. (bloodletter etc).
      Even for travelling getting from point A to point B in the blackzones its nice to use some preventive gear to improve escape chance if u get caught. ( knight helm - cleric robe - wanderlust - bloodetter and gig pots)
      As pvp'er, its easy to score a kill, follow target till he gets tagged by either your friend(s) or a mob, dismount poison, and catch him with your claws.

I dont think there is any problem in balance,
      But it would be nice to see a few more different items with new abilities to escape/catch other players with.
      Something like a shoe wth a passive ability that increases "natural" movement speed by X% but also decrease armour by Y%
    • Hello Alibioners!!
      Been a founder member,
      Came back to game after 2 yrs bunch of noobs on a ganking. It sucks cause I am a gatherer myself And I do solo in all zone all the time.

And obvioulsy I lost some good gear and stuff when I was noob myself. You cannot control how the noob gankers play and ruin experience for other player. Most of the time I lost caue its always 5+VS 1.
      But its always wise to get together with fellow gatherer and using a fast mount like horse use T3 horse and T4 gears so even if you loose you can recover.
      And also, if u see some noob attacking a fellow non-hostile player group together and defend and fight along side. We need to have a unity among friendly player too. For instance I saw 2 noobs attacking a friendly player and I was passing by what did I do I jumped and helped him later we killed one guy and 2 other friendly player joined us and we managed to kill them both and danced on their noob grave after we killed them.
      We die and learn.
      Bottom line. 1) knowledge of the map.
      2) right gear and mount.
      3) come to aid of friendly player if he needs help.
      And be aware when u see the hostile player on your screen. If u not ready to fight mount and run in opposite direction.

Hope it helps.
      Happy gathering! :thumbsup:
    • LootPinata wrote:

people need to look at both sides and not just a gankers view most people that are gathering are not looking to pvp and the game need to be fun for them aswell not just fun for gankers, Gathers will just simply stop playing if things change just so people can kill gatherers with no efort and you will have no ganking at all
      dude u for real? Have u ever ganked? U dont just pop off killing 20 ppl, most kills will get u a mount and it takes 1 hour to kill 3 ppl in the bz. Just think if there is no gankers, getting resources would be free risk, so it would be a afk game, the resources price would go extremely down. Game is balanced as for ganking wise. I just think that healers are the problem.
      Also where is the fun knowing there is no risk... not trying to be rude since u said no efort go there ganking, and see it for urself.
    • Flokka wrote:

LootPinata wrote:

people need to look at both sides and not just a gankers view most people that are gathering are not looking to pvp and the game need to be fun for them aswell not just fun for gankers, Gathers will just simply stop playing if things change just so people can kill gatherers with no efort and you will have no ganking at all
      dude u for real? Have u ever ganked? U dont just pop off killing 20 ppl, most kills will get u a mount and it takes 1 hour to kill 3 ppl in the bz. Just think if there is no gankers, getting resources would be free risk, so it would be a afk game, the resources price would go extremely down. Game is balanced as for ganking wise. I just think that healers are the problem.Also where is the fun knowing there is no risk... not trying to be rude since u said no efort go there ganking, and see it for urself.
      Do you go to the W edge of the map and wait there until someone passed by you or what? 3 people / hour is extremly unsuccessful.
    • Dacunetc wrote:

Flokka wrote:

LootPinata wrote:

dude u for real? Have u ever ganked? U dont just pop off killing 20 ppl, most kills will get u a mount and it takes 1 hour to kill 3 ppl in the bz. Just think if there is no gankers, getting resources would be free risk, so it would be a afk game, the resources price would go extremely down. Game is balanced as for ganking wise. I just think that healers are the problem.Also where is the fun knowing there is no risk... not trying to be rude since u said no efort go there ganking, and see it for urself.
      Do you go to the W edge of the map and wait there until someone passed by you or what? 3 people / hour is extremly unsuccessful.
      to kill a t8 isnt easy, they know the ways to escape and avoid gankers, i go for them for a better loot. But ganking is the low is easier yes, ppl arent experienced with gankers. But do u get what i am saying? Experienced players wont get killed by gankers that dont have skill? Because this kid said that it takes no skill to kill a gatherer.
    • After a while, my impression is that saving 1% of gankers who are actually competent, 99% of them are totally incompetent.

Even in high black they want to gank you with T3 horses and T4 equipment, they come in groups of 5 but yeah.... Good luck trying to catch the T7 lizard or the T8 horse.

I am actually more afraid of the solo ganker who knows what he's doing than these fellows that just wander around trying their luck.... And sometimes they get lucky, of course. It is inevitable, unfortunately.

It is sad that developers had to "help them out" with the auto dismount on autoattack, otherwise those guys would just starve to death. I am still looking for this change one day, though. Who knows?
    • LootPinata wrote:

it blows my mind how small minded posts like this are. Do you really not understand what would happen if gatherers could just gather freely ? Jesus Christ people are dumb
    • Your mistake was adding gathering gear to the game. If there was no gathering gear the gatherers could stay and fight and win (which would be more fun for both parties) and then you could give players utility to prevent escape. Right now your system is aids. The way you make decisions is clearly very logical but your missing the big picture. You will never solve for X when Y doesn't fit into the equation. This is an unsolvable problem. Look at runescape, you go in the dark zone and you fight. There's no BS gathering gear. Like why would I want to put on gathering gear? It's not fun, it's another level of management which is nice but the result is not worth it (and some minor RP value). It's dumb, you should just hit a node and get resources based on your skill. Gathering gear is not necessary and adds almost nothing to the game. Anyways u guys fucked up the WPvP in the game, unless if you get rid of the gathering gear there's not much to be done about the WPvP, it will be forever broken.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Napsack ().

• Just because your a pvper doesnt mean that people that gather in gathering gear should be easy simple kills you have to work for kills like every other none gather kill and why do you need to kill gathers if you want to pvp? most gathers will run how is that even a fight how is that pvp? it would just be o your a gather give me all your stuff because you want it you dont really want to fight for it though you justwant people to stop moving so you can kill them and take there stuff that they also WORKED for

The post was edited 1 time, last by LootPinata ().

• LootPinata wrote:

Just because your a pvper doesnt mean that people that gather in gathering gear should be easy simple kills
      Gatherers are easy kills though, the hardest part is their mounts and then being prepared for invis and purge.

LootPinata wrote:

most gathers will run how is that even a fight how is that pvp?
      Gatherers run because they literally don't win even 1v1s in gathering gear. There is zero reason to fight when wearing gathering gear because it's an inherent disadvantage.

Napsack wrote:

Your mistake was adding gathering gear to the game.
      100% agree. Gathering gear is a cancerous crutch to open world pvp.