Balancing Non-Consensual PvP

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Captainrussia schrieb:

solventh schrieb:

people zerg up cos they may meet with a bigger group and be wiped.
      Ugh.. this is not the type of zerg we're discussing here. Having 100+ man zerg is one thing (can see on map) having 10 players on direwolfs spread out, half of then on foot ganking one guy - a whole different issue
      yes, it is. wolf riding gank players zerg up cos they may meet a bigger group all of a sudden and be wiped. remember that each of them wears 600k+ gear.
    • Fusionbomb schrieb:

Captainrussia schrieb:

Your gathering tool auto-equips when harvesting a node, so even though what you've said is true... I don't see how that is relevant as it applies equally to everyone carrying a tool in their inventory?
      Incorrect. You have to manually equip the tool in order to gain the speed boost. It is most noticeable on T7/T8 nodes.
      The guy asked for a buff when the gathering tools are equipped. I was pointing out that most of his "suggestions" are already in the game.
      This definitely is not true. The tool is auto-equipped, and you get the speed boost.
    • Bigshoes schrieb:

Fusionbomb schrieb:

Captainrussia schrieb:

Your gathering tool auto-equips when harvesting a node, so even though what you've said is true... I don't see how that is relevant as it applies equally to everyone carrying a tool in their inventory?
      Incorrect. You have to manually equip the tool in order to gain the speed boost. It is most noticeable on T7/T8 nodes.The guy asked for a buff when the gathering tools are equipped. I was pointing out that most of his "suggestions" are already in the game.
      This definitely is not true. The tool is auto-equipped, and you get the speed boost.
      correct, I had a guildmate time 2 t8 nodes (with 40 t8 master, but thats irrelevant) one he mined with no tool equipped and another with tool equipped, it was exactly the same time down to a millisecond...

I also spoke to Bulldozer about it and he confirmed equipping the tool makes no difference... you're just gimping yourself by not having a weapon equipped
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Solo Bloodletter PVP
    • Qrystalline schrieb:

I understand we’re your coming from but fundamentally if your gathering except skinning you should essentially be a heard animal, your collecting resources and either selling them for silver or to build products, skinners and fame farmers I would consider the middle ground; the skunks coyotes and bandger. If your picking cloth I shouldnt have to consider the chance of you killing me as a ganker but if I could even catch you. While on the other hand trying to gank a fame farmer or skinner I should be considering if the fight is worth it. As it is currently their is no low end cattle middle scrappers or solo apex predators, it’s just a mass of bunny rabbits or your the hunter in a pack of wolves as a group of gankers or Zerg.

Just about all my gathering skills are even. I've been in the game since beta. I took a year off, and I'm playing catch up at the moment, but dang, I came back to a lot of skill points, heh...My skill points go into leveling my build as much or more than my gathering skills, but probably fewer points at a time. It's much more fun this way. If you wear gathering gear, your PVE/PVP gear doesn't skill up.

I'm retired, heh. I have time to grind.

Mobs, whether or not they drop hide are harvesting nodes. Some drop hide. Some drop silver and XP. Some of you drop equipment. ;)

albiononline.com/en/characterbuilder/solo-builds/view/19376

Seriously. Carebears with teeth. Some of us are omnivores and opportunistic predators. I do not use gathering gear except a pack. I have never equipped a tool as a weapon. I don't know why anyone would.
    • Just abolish "crafting armor" so that the non-consenting "victim" at least has the reasonable ability to equip themselves to properly defend themselves.

Everyone wants to be the apex predator out there 'crushing n00bs and smashing bads' then complain when the n00bs and bads et. al. are suddenly nowhere to be found. If the gatherers could gather with the same efficiency in combat armor they would feel less like fodder and more like competent contenders in a skirmish and might be more likely to participate in pvp zones.

My suggestion: roll the gathering armor efficiency skills into the gathering trees on the destiny board and delete gathering armor from the game. Let people gather while being prepared for a fight.
    • Solix schrieb:

My suggestion: roll the gathering armor efficiency skills into the gathering trees on the destiny board and delete gathering armor from the game. Let people gather while being prepared for a fight.
      This!

Gathering gear is such a cancer on this game. Before gathering gear was added everyone fought for nodes and it was amazing. Now nobody actually fights to gather the big stuff (actually fight - not blob v 1 ganking).
    • Problem is that a lot of dedicated gatherers may have no combat skills at all, or very little. Many will not relish having to train up in combat skills to survive whilst gathering, when to date the emphasis has been on escape rather than fighting. Plus fighting whilst encumbered is a death sentence.

I think it’s fine as it is. Gatherers can gather now in combat gear if they so wish. There’s a trade off to gathering efficiency if you do so of course, but this is a game about tradeoffs so I don’t see why that’s a problem.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Midgard ()

• As a t8 gatherer losing 70% gathering yield is unsustainable and a waste of time, considering that just dieing with your gear would probably cost you as much as the additional yield of gathering for 1 hour with gathering gear, compared to gathering without. Removing gathering gear, or adding meaningful stats to it would be a huge thing for anyone gathering.
    • Neu

letwolf schrieb:

1. Gathering gear must give the same damage bonuses leather armor (+30%). as its parameters closer to leather armor.
      2. excess fame from pieces of body armor, if gatherer armor worn on, should go to Free fame (like it does for 100/100 normal armor). That is for solo PvE in gatherer gear
      Point 1: No. you sacrice the abilities and bonuses of leather armour to get the abilities and bonuses of gathering gear. That’s the trade off. You shouldn’t get both.

Point 2: Again, no. Gathering gear isn’t levelled through combat fame therefore shouldn’t produce combat fame credits.