Balancing Non-Consensual PvP

• Captainrussia schrieb:

solventh schrieb:

people zerg up cos they may meet with a bigger group and be wiped.
      Ugh.. this is not the type of zerg we're discussing here. Having 100+ man zerg is one thing (can see on map) having 10 players on direwolfs spread out, half of then on foot ganking one guy - a whole different issue
      yes, it is. wolf riding gank players zerg up cos they may meet a bigger group all of a sudden and be wiped. remember that each of them wears 600k+ gear.
    • Fusionbomb schrieb:

Captainrussia schrieb:

Your gathering tool auto-equips when harvesting a node, so even though what you've said is true... I don't see how that is relevant as it applies equally to everyone carrying a tool in their inventory?
      Incorrect. You have to manually equip the tool in order to gain the speed boost. It is most noticeable on T7/T8 nodes.
      The guy asked for a buff when the gathering tools are equipped. I was pointing out that most of his "suggestions" are already in the game.
      This definitely is not true. The tool is auto-equipped, and you get the speed boost.
    • Bigshoes schrieb:

Fusionbomb schrieb:

Captainrussia schrieb:

Your gathering tool auto-equips when harvesting a node, so even though what you've said is true... I don't see how that is relevant as it applies equally to everyone carrying a tool in their inventory?
      Incorrect. You have to manually equip the tool in order to gain the speed boost. It is most noticeable on T7/T8 nodes.The guy asked for a buff when the gathering tools are equipped. I was pointing out that most of his "suggestions" are already in the game.
      This definitely is not true. The tool is auto-equipped, and you get the speed boost.
      correct, I had a guildmate time 2 t8 nodes (with 40 t8 master, but thats irrelevant) one he mined with no tool equipped and another with tool equipped, it was exactly the same time down to a millisecond...

I also spoke to Bulldozer about it and he confirmed equipping the tool makes no difference... you're just gimping yourself by not having a weapon equipped
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • Qrystalline schrieb:

I understand we’re your coming from but fundamentally if your gathering except skinning you should essentially be a heard animal, your collecting resources and either selling them for silver or to build products, skinners and fame farmers I would consider the middle ground; the skunks coyotes and bandger. If your picking cloth I shouldnt have to consider the chance of you killing me as a ganker but if I could even catch you. While on the other hand trying to gank a fame farmer or skinner I should be considering if the fight is worth it. As it is currently their is no low end cattle middle scrappers or solo apex predators, it’s just a mass of bunny rabbits or your the hunter in a pack of wolves as a group of gankers or Zerg.

Just about all my gathering skills are even. I've been in the game since beta. I took a year off, and I'm playing catch up at the moment, but dang, I came back to a lot of skill points, heh...My skill points go into leveling my build as much or more than my gathering skills, but probably fewer points at a time. It's much more fun this way. If you wear gathering gear, your PVE/PVP gear doesn't skill up.

I'm retired, heh. I have time to grind.

Mobs, whether or not they drop hide are harvesting nodes. Some drop hide. Some drop silver and XP. Some of you drop equipment. ;)

albiononline.com/en/characterbuilder/solo-builds/view/19376

Seriously. Carebears with teeth. Some of us are omnivores and opportunistic predators. I do not use gathering gear except a pack. I have never equipped a tool as a weapon. I don't know why anyone would.