Balancing Non-Consensual PvP

• Jazao schrieb:

I believe that if the gathering gear provide a good chance to fight back the ganker, gatherers wont always try to escape.

Im almost a full time gatherer and i would like to fight back if I had the chance, but after some tries i realized that killing someone wearing combat armor into a 1x1 is almost impossible. I only was able to kill someone when i was using t8 gathering gear with t6 poison and i believe the ganker wasnt too experienced.

Even though i realized that its possible to fight back a solo ganker with a t8 gathering gear the risk is to high as t8 gear is very expensive. Meanwhile the ganker can kill you with a t6 cheap flat gear.
      You dont need better gear, you should just play more carefully around his and your abilities. Almost every gatherer can fight back 1x1, if he doing it properly, since ganker was forced to use everything for dismount and after that is very weak. The problem is gatherers is not good at pvp at all, so they lose duels just coz of low skill level, it is not about gear or masteries. Also, if you really feel so bad gatherer body, just use any combat body instead.
    • Kissmequick schrieb:

Let's just go ahead and make gathering gear 10,000 item power. This gear ruined the game already so fuck it.
      I dont like the concept of gathering gear... at least not right now.

It makes you more money but you cant fight in it and some escapes put you into combat anyway so those skills are non viable. I DO like Pies i think this is a useful mechanism.

How about back packs trading a cape for a backpack makes no sense. you do not want to carry a large load as a gatherer. if you have 15k silver worth of stuff you need to go drop it off before you are killed because your gear cost you twice that. 2 trips to break even. I just cant bring myself to use the gear BEYOND that is no armor fame for killing things... if im in BZ i want all my armors faming up ~440 for t5 per kill.

Now I want to put in a very unpopular idea probably.

I think you can reduce the utility of mounts to make the nonviable for use other than traveling.
      Make a 8 second channel to mount and 8 seconds to dismount. Then boost stats a bit on armored horses ect. make gallop the only speed but tie the HP of a horse to its speed. 80% HP 80% speed.
    • blappo schrieb:

Kissmequick schrieb:

Let's just go ahead and make gathering gear 10,000 item power. This gear ruined the game already so fuck it.
      I dont like the concept of gathering gear... at least not right now.
      It makes you more money but you cant fight in it and some escapes put you into combat anyway so those skills are non viable. I DO like Pies i think this is a useful mechanism.

How about back packs trading a cape for a backpack makes no sense. you do not want to carry a large load as a gatherer. if you have 15k silver worth of stuff you need to go drop it off before you are killed because your gear cost you twice that. 2 trips to break even. I just cant bring myself to use the gear BEYOND that is no armor fame for killing things... if im in BZ i want all my armors faming up ~440 for t5 per kill.

I think you can reduce the utility of mounts to make the nonviable for use other than traveling.
      Make a 8 second channel to mount and 8 seconds to dismount. Then boost stats a bit on armored horses ect. make gallop the only speed but tie the HP of a horse to its speed. 80% HP 80% speed.
      That would be actually good.
    • Dethcord schrieb:

blappo schrieb:

Kissmequick schrieb:

I dont like the concept of gathering gear... at least not right now.It makes you more money but you cant fight in it and some escapes put you into combat anyway so those skills are non viable. I DO like Pies i think this is a useful mechanism.

I'm a solo player, I both gather and (try) to solo PK. I don't agree with making 8 second mount/dismount because then gathering will take forever, taking 16 seconds every rock just to mount and dismount would be horrendous.

But the idea about mount HP affecting speed is great, particularly with how overpowered higher level oxes are. It's impossible for a solo player to take them down when they reduce damage by 80% and have huge health bars.
    • Kissmequick schrieb:

Dethcord schrieb:

blappo schrieb:

Kissmequick schrieb:

I dont like the concept of gathering gear... at least not right now.It makes you more money but you cant fight in it and some escapes put you into combat anyway so those skills are non viable. I DO like Pies i think this is a useful mechanism.

I'm a solo player, I both gather and (try) to solo PK. I don't agree with making 8 second mount/dismount because then gathering will take forever, taking 16 seconds every rock just to mount and dismount would be horrendous.
      But the idea about mount HP affecting speed is great, particularly with how overpowered higher level oxes are. It's impossible for a solo player to take them down when they reduce damage by 80% and have huge health bars.
      No gathering would take the almost the same amount of time. just dont use mounts for it.
      That was what i stated make mounts only useful for traveling and transporting.

No gathering
      No PVP hunting
      No fleeing
      Just travel.
    • UnGarsQuiBricole schrieb:

I'm really glad you guys aren't game designers.
      And you think this is balanced?

T4 Ox + naked character =
      +246 Armor
      +246 Magic Res
      = 71% reduced magic/physical damage + extra 1504 HP

Add T4 Gathering Gear Cap, Garb, Boots
      =
      +387 Magic Res
      +419 Armor
      81% of all phys damage is mitigated
      79% of all magical damage is mitigated
      T4 Ox = 1504 HP

Good luck solo PvP.

Edit: P.S. T4 Ox is < 5k silver

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Kissmequick ()

• Kissmequick schrieb:

Good luck solo PvP.

pretty sure that if you hit the guy when he is off the Ox (presumably gathering?) the ox will disappear and the guy will stand with 200%+ encumbered like in one spot (ok, he'll move a little)...

easy loot?

Also Im pretty sure a t6.1 archer can solo that Ox if that Ox is in motion...maybe even t5.1 archer...
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

Kissmequick schrieb:

Good luck solo PvP.

pretty sure that if you hit the guy when he is off the Ox (presumably gathering?) the ox will disappear and the guy will stand with 200%+ encumbered like in one spot (ok, he'll move a little)...
      easy loot?

Also Im pretty sure a t6.1 archer can solo that Ox if that Ox is in motion...maybe even t5.1 archer...
      Pretty sure there are giant flying offscreen nametags to indicate a PK is coming.

I honestly can't even tell anymore if you're just a troll trying to kill this game like the above poster, or just stupid.

Just in case it is the latter, you do understand that with 1506 HP and 81% mitigated, you need to do 7921 damage to kill a T4 Ox.

Sounds balanced to me.
    • Kissmequick schrieb:

I honestly can't even tell anymore if you're just a troll trying to kill this game like the above poster, or just stupid.
      Im someone who died on a t8 Ox to a solo 6.1 warbow in beta... was testing if "such an OP beast" could indeed traverse an entire zone and shrug off a solo ganker...turns out it cant...

Sounds balanced to me...

(also sounds like you're just theory-crafting shit and have no experience whatsoever)
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

Kissmequick schrieb:

Im someone who died on a t8 Ox to a solo 6.1 warbow in beta... was testing if "such an OP beast" could indeed traverse an entire zone and shrug off a solo ganker...turns out it cant...
      Sounds balanced to me...

(also sounds like you're just theory-crafting shit and have no experience whatsoever)

I feel sorry for you, good luck in life.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Kissmequick ()

• Kissmequick schrieb:

Well that's the whole point. You gather you shit ON FOOT like it should be. You do any activity ON FOOT. You're not traveling = you're not using your mount. Simple.
    • skillazor schrieb:

If someone thinks that everything is fine
      look on game population even after awesome content patch number 1
      people cant afford $20 ($10 per 1 alt) to pay for alts. Gold went up. So 2 alts per account (60% of toons getting fame - alts) are slowly dropping off.

I have 2d left on all 3 of my toons... hmmmm... will i pay 2500 Gold, $10 or $30 for all 3?

Very high chance that 2 of my alts will expire... will that mean that our playerbase will drop by 30% in 2 days?

thats not to say that potentially 1st update wasn't as good as it should have been - but speculating on a direct correlation (without taking into account alt accounts expiring, and that each alt now costs $10/mo) is ignoring a big variable in this "playerbase" equation.
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
    • So just back to the main thread topic. Balancing the non consensual PVP. IE Ganking. VS PK

This isnt really about the combat issues there are factors causing it that arent 100% combat related

Who cares about PK... thats fine. It is hard for solos to do .. I suggest dramatic changes to mounts.
      Such as remove the flee or finding capabilities by this i mean 8 Second mount 8 second dismount unless forced.

I think this will make it much easier to fight when people are not on mounts 90% of the time. They will only be useful for transport of yourself and goods.
      Such as going to gather 3 maps away i take a mount there dismount when i arrive then gather..

Now when it comes to ganking there are some options here.

First lets think about incentives. People want to fight. Why? because most games are combat related including AO.
      OK so the PVE isnt very fun that is 1 thing that will reduce PK across the board ganking included.
      second The fame. anyone who wants massive fame and leader board movment cares about it in relationship to the killboard .. that is why its there at all.
      SO we can consider buffing numbers on the leaderboard so that crafting and gathering produce more fame to make their rankings go up.
      Next for crafting and gathering is not a very fun part of the game nor do you feel very useful to your guilds the officers probably dont recognize you when your not in combat with high fame numbers. So people go do the fun part of the game. So we need to make markets and crafting more fun and make the skills more valueable. This will make people enjoy this part of the game more so they wont seek fun by killing people all day.

That considers incentives people have to PK or gank, fame, Fun, and recognition.

No if we go another route and try to reduce ganking but leaving the incentives alone mostly we can create risk to ganking.

First use the killboard assist functions. Track how many kill with 2 assist or more a player has. Put this number into a tracker on each person as a stat.
      use this stat as a ratio of his ganks/retributions.

what i mean is the number of times someone ganks creates a tracked stat. People who wish to keep order in the land of albion could then use systems to create retribution huntings. When i die i want to go find the person and fight them. Right now i cant you just can not find people. in the open world not enough information.

So what you could do is create a merchant with whatever tracking capability you want they would essentially deputize you and provide you with tracking dogs as an example i have used in other posts. So you can go to the merchant select some criminal to hunt as long as their gank number is higher than their retribution (number of times killed by being hunted) they will still appear as a 'huntable' person in the vendor.

even if this doesnt deter many from ganking it provides those who get ganked a means of feeling like they arent powerless to do anything about it. making it essentially hurt a bit less in your psyche. Right now when i die to a group of people who i am confident are not stronger than me just have more numbers I just get angry It makes me not enjoy playing the game. In some ways it is understandable to use numbers BUT without being able to fight them again possibly ever because you cant find them It is just frustrating.

I think possibly the invasions in Kay depending on how much the guilds feel them could be another way of getting back at someone.. BUT only if they have territory to invade. I think all guilds need some way to be attacked even when players are offline. The sense of retribution I think will keep players around more in a full loot environment more than reducing their loses such as wearing T4 flat. Even in T4 when i make 1 mil silver per 20k silver i lose I still just get frustrated by dying to some lucky noobs who caught me not on guard.
    • Neu

@Korn

Solution: Give stealth some usefulness. Like the real purpose of it simply: Hiding. Now the stealth on the boots are completely garbage. On the other hand stealth from the assassin armor piece only being used by gankers for extra damage and juke if you are lucky.

In ultima online there was a hiding skill which makes you perma invisible as long as you stay there or someone walks to the point to reveal you. (or spell: Wis Quas) But let me also add that in Ultima Online you can actually run from people while kiting and you really no need to use stealth to escape anything. You know in Albion, running or movement in general is weird and without a mount is not an option because of the game mechanics.

How about improving stealth duration on the boots to 20- 25 seconds with 60 seconds cooldown and remove area restriction. To make it more balanced horse can't be used for 35 - 40 seconds after the stealth skill is used. And any damaging abilities (aoe) should break the stealth (not the poisons nor bleed effects which applied before using the stealth)

With the new stealth skill you can give both sides a fair chance to gank or escape. So instead of playing with the mount system more consider about adding other mechanics thus people can feel themselves safer when they are in blackzone. And we can start seeing more people on foot in blackzones.

OFC Blobs should be visible on the map even if they use stealth...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von swansong ()