Balancing Non-Consensual PvP

• Jazao schrieb:

I believe that if the gathering gear provide a good chance to fight back the ganker, gatherers wont always try to escape.

Im almost a full time gatherer and i would like to fight back if I had the chance, but after some tries i realized that killing someone wearing combat armor into a 1x1 is almost impossible. I only was able to kill someone when i was using t8 gathering gear with t6 poison and i believe the ganker wasnt too experienced.

Even though i realized that its possible to fight back a solo ganker with a t8 gathering gear the risk is to high as t8 gear is very expensive. Meanwhile the ganker can kill you with a t6 cheap flat gear.
      You dont need better gear, you should just play more carefully around his and your abilities. Almost every gatherer can fight back 1x1, if he doing it properly, since ganker was forced to use everything for dismount and after that is very weak. The problem is gatherers is not good at pvp at all, so they lose duels just coz of low skill level, it is not about gear or masteries. Also, if you really feel so bad gatherer body, just use any combat body instead.
    • Neu

Kissmequick schrieb:

Let's just go ahead and make gathering gear 10,000 item power. This gear ruined the game already so fuck it.
      I dont like the concept of gathering gear... at least not right now.

It makes you more money but you cant fight in it and some escapes put you into combat anyway so those skills are non viable. I DO like Pies i think this is a useful mechanism.

How about back packs trading a cape for a backpack makes no sense. you do not want to carry a large load as a gatherer. if you have 15k silver worth of stuff you need to go drop it off before you are killed because your gear cost you twice that. 2 trips to break even. I just cant bring myself to use the gear BEYOND that is no armor fame for killing things... if im in BZ i want all my armors faming up ~440 for t5 per kill.

Now I want to put in a very unpopular idea probably.

I think you can reduce the utility of mounts to make the nonviable for use other than traveling.
      Make a 8 second channel to mount and 8 seconds to dismount. Then boost stats a bit on armored horses ect. make gallop the only speed but tie the HP of a horse to its speed. 80% HP 80% speed.
    • Neu

blappo schrieb:

Kissmequick schrieb:

Let's just go ahead and make gathering gear 10,000 item power. This gear ruined the game already so fuck it.
      I dont like the concept of gathering gear... at least not right now.
      It makes you more money but you cant fight in it and some escapes put you into combat anyway so those skills are non viable. I DO like Pies i think this is a useful mechanism.

How about back packs trading a cape for a backpack makes no sense. you do not want to carry a large load as a gatherer. if you have 15k silver worth of stuff you need to go drop it off before you are killed because your gear cost you twice that. 2 trips to break even. I just cant bring myself to use the gear BEYOND that is no armor fame for killing things... if im in BZ i want all my armors faming up ~440 for t5 per kill.

I think you can reduce the utility of mounts to make the nonviable for use other than traveling.
      Make a 8 second channel to mount and 8 seconds to dismount. Then boost stats a bit on armored horses ect. make gallop the only speed but tie the HP of a horse to its speed. 80% HP 80% speed.
      That would be actually good.
    • Neu

Dethcord schrieb:

blappo schrieb:

Kissmequick schrieb:

I dont like the concept of gathering gear... at least not right now.It makes you more money but you cant fight in it and some escapes put you into combat anyway so those skills are non viable. I DO like Pies i think this is a useful mechanism.

I'm a solo player, I both gather and (try) to solo PK. I don't agree with making 8 second mount/dismount because then gathering will take forever, taking 16 seconds every rock just to mount and dismount would be horrendous.

But the idea about mount HP affecting speed is great, particularly with how overpowered higher level oxes are. It's impossible for a solo player to take them down when they reduce damage by 80% and have huge health bars.
    • Neu

Kissmequick schrieb:

Dethcord schrieb:

blappo schrieb:

Kissmequick schrieb:

I dont like the concept of gathering gear... at least not right now.It makes you more money but you cant fight in it and some escapes put you into combat anyway so those skills are non viable. I DO like Pies i think this is a useful mechanism.

I'm a solo player, I both gather and (try) to solo PK. I don't agree with making 8 second mount/dismount because then gathering will take forever, taking 16 seconds every rock just to mount and dismount would be horrendous.
      But the idea about mount HP affecting speed is great, particularly with how overpowered higher level oxes are. It's impossible for a solo player to take them down when they reduce damage by 80% and have huge health bars.
      No gathering would take the almost the same amount of time. just dont use mounts for it.
      That was what i stated make mounts only useful for traveling and transporting.

No gathering
      No PVP hunting
      No fleeing
      Just travel.
    • Neu

UnGarsQuiBricole schrieb:

I'm really glad you guys aren't game designers.
      And you think this is balanced?

T4 Ox + naked character =
      +246 Armor
      +246 Magic Res
      = 71% reduced magic/physical damage + extra 1504 HP

Add T4 Gathering Gear Cap, Garb, Boots
      =
      +387 Magic Res
      +419 Armor
      81% of all phys damage is mitigated
      79% of all magical damage is mitigated
      T4 Ox = 1504 HP

Good luck solo PvP.

Edit: P.S. T4 Ox is < 5k silver

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Kissmequick ()

• Neu

Kissmequick schrieb:

Good luck solo PvP.

pretty sure that if you hit the guy when he is off the Ox (presumably gathering?) the ox will disappear and the guy will stand with 200%+ encumbered like in one spot (ok, he'll move a little)...

easy loot?

Also Im pretty sure a t6.1 archer can solo that Ox if that Ox is in motion...maybe even t5.1 archer...
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • Neu

Captainrussia schrieb:

Kissmequick schrieb:

Good luck solo PvP.

pretty sure that if you hit the guy when he is off the Ox (presumably gathering?) the ox will disappear and the guy will stand with 200%+ encumbered like in one spot (ok, he'll move a little)...
      easy loot?

Also Im pretty sure a t6.1 archer can solo that Ox if that Ox is in motion...maybe even t5.1 archer...
      Pretty sure there are giant flying offscreen nametags to indicate a PK is coming.

I honestly can't even tell anymore if you're just a troll trying to kill this game like the above poster, or just stupid.

Just in case it is the latter, you do understand that with 1506 HP and 81% mitigated, you need to do 7921 damage to kill a T4 Ox.

Sounds balanced to me.