Balancing Non-Consensual PvP

• Diablos schrieb:

BrikoX schrieb:

Dethcord schrieb:

Correct. Mount hp should be useful in PvP combat. Where is the problem?
      I don't have any problems with current system, just with that statement. :)
      ........?
      it's obviously for if you are not currently riding the mount and are AFK / tabbed out / watching a movie and hear yourself getting hit to stop a player simply clicking on the horse and escaping 100% of the time.

mount hp is not useless, it already stacks with your armour and CC and is ridiculous.

People on high tier Ox's will literally circle you and laugh because they know they're not going to get taken down. I've seen this multiple times while running with a group of 3-4..it gets old, lol. Trying usually just ends up as a waist of resources/time.
    • Meanie schrieb:

People on high tier Ox's will literally circle you and laugh because they know they're not going to get taken down. I've seen this multiple times while running with a group of 3-4..it gets old, lol. Trying usually just ends up as a waist of resources/time.
      All Oxen can potentially be taken down, it only takes time. They are not fast enough to escape if you can maintain some pressure. I'd be surprised if a T8 was able to survive a group of 3-4 over more than half a map ...
    • UnGarsQuiBricole schrieb:

Meanie schrieb:

All Oxen can potentially be taken down, it only takes time. They are not fast enough to escape if you can maintain some pressure. I'd be surprised if a T8 was able to survive a group of 3-4 over more than half a map ...
      and u forget the gates or territories they can go in.
    • solventh schrieb:

UnGarsQuiBricole schrieb:

Meanie schrieb:

and u forget the gates or territories they can go in.
      Not really, that's why I used "potentially" ;)
    • Well the game is not about Looting other people...

It is about territorial conquest. The whole PK deal is just to get some more subs in it for the time being, a side show.

Deal with it and stop complaining that you cant kill and loot enough people. Join a guild and get on with the program start working to conquer territory, fight in the GvG and loot the enemies there. They are wearing higher tier Gear too that is worth much more.

That is, in the end the bottom line.
      ~ Duke Suraknar ~

Order of the Silver Star, OSS
      "Everyone dies, not everyone really fights!"
      ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997, OSS Atlantic Shard
    • Norgannon schrieb:

YaayAlbion schrieb:

So people enter the pvp zone, but then want to avoid the risk of pvp?

The green zone is a good place for them I guess.

My constructive feedback would be though..

give both sides a feel of power.

Give the victim the feel of power to run away.. and give the ganker the feel of power to still gank the person.

Like that, it becomes an interesting pvp struggle in which both sides have a good chance of getting their way.
      Should limit the number of pks per party, or pks per guild in each zone, would not know how to develop the idea well. But a limit has to do, the small groups where they are in a 10man ganking?
      u tryna kill zvz lmao nice @Norgannon
    • Neu

Duke Suraknar schrieb:

Well the game is not about Looting other people...

It is about territorial conquest.
      Maybe this game concept is about territorial conquest but, game works best at small scale fights like ganks and 5v5. Game fails above small zergs fights. Screen dimensions and world scale limit big fights as fun and interactive (u cant have fun with 5 fps and blob on screen). So ganks and small scale pvp will be most importat for this game in long run that terriotiral conquest which is only feasilbe for few big guilds and alliances. (and players whos like watch blobs on screen in low fps)
    • Neu

Moonshivers schrieb:

Korn schrieb:

Better do something fast to lower the amount of time gatherers die in red zone where Reputation is supposed to 'protect' us because this current death rate is non viable and this crafter/gatherer is almost out the door. The only options seems to belong into a hardcore guild and it just wont do.

i dont think you quoted the way you meant to... @Korn doesnt normally speak like this
    • Neu

I literally cringe when I see people want to take anything away from owpvp, I mean come on gathers have gear that allows them to get away, mounts r hard to take down...is it so bad to have to look around and be alert when gathering? That's the only reason I can gather and not be bored, because I'm nervous. Those that want to make the open world dry will hurt the game in the long run. I hope that never happens.
      "You're either with us or against us"
    • Neu

GluttonySDS schrieb:

Theres a few simple rules in Albion -- one of them is:

Gank or Be Ganked.
      No you are just a troll or an idiot
      I literally cringe when I see people want to take anything away from owpvp, I mean come on gathers have gear that allows them to get away, mounts r hard to take down...is it so bad to have to look around and be alert when gathering? That's the only reason I can gather and not be bored, because I'm nervous. Those that want to make the open world dry will hurt the game in the long run. I hope that never happens.
      You just don't seem to understand the problematic. Nobody is talking about removing owpvp. There is a place called the Black Zone where you can go and do your owpvp and where anybody who wants better rewards will go to even gatherers.

Red Zones it's supposed to be a crime to kill high rep players there and yet there is no incentive for them not to do so because all cities are now dead but Carleon so the rep does not apply to them and they don't care. It's one thing to to be nervous in a dangerous zone, it's quite another to have the certainty you won't make it out alive. And people just flag when they have a target in sight and then go in yellow zone once they killed someone so you really don't have much of a warning of any kind. If you gather once or twice you have no idea. If you are a dedicated solo/ smaller guild gatherer/crafter you know better...
    • Neu

xZione schrieb:

This game needs some content for farmers where we can farm T5-T8 without being farmed by gankers.

It cannot be the sense of a game to ruin someones passion for playing, really i hate being killed out of pvp.
      You can farm t2-t4 in "safety" - the rest you can farm in WOW.

In Albion however - t5-t8 can be farmed as well, but its balanced in a full loot PVP MMO on a risk-vs-reward concept.
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo