Balancing Non-Consensual PvP

• ZhangLiaoSebi wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

ZhangLiaoSebi wrote:

The systeam creates that kind of behavior, it's not human nature ...
      So if someone starts beating your ass in real life, you're not going to try to get away?It very much is human nature.
      What's the link with human nature ? Others animals won't react like that ?
      If you don't think other animals act like that, then, you don't know much about animals. No living creature wants to stay in a losing fight if they can avoid it.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

I can't say every player is this way, but I can say Fizzcock wanted to force a player into pvp when he had an advantage, but when he finds he has a disadvantage, he wants to run from pvp.
      So? Do you except people to just stand there while you kill them? If you want to kill me, you gotta catch me first.

PenguinSniper wrote:

so that he could use me to raise his PvP kill fame.
      lmao. It was a yellow zone. If you don't understand game mechanics you aren't qualified to offer a fix to them.
      Sorry you're not "focused on PvP." There's a zone for that, the blue zones. No one can attack you there.
      you didn't understand a single word i wrote.

go re-read it, then you have a right to reply.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «
    • Captainrussia wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

I can't say every player is this way, but I can say Fizzcock wanted to force a player into pvp when he had an advantage, but when he finds he has a disadvantage, he wants to run from pvp.
      Thats just human nature...

PenguinSniper wrote:

like seriously

THAT needs to be fixed.

RIght now, it's bull.
      I don't think we can fix human nature. We can make games like Minecraft or Sims, or HelloKittyOnline - where there is no PVP (so we "block" the real aspects of human nature and pretend they do not exist). But that does not really "fix" human nature. It only "escapes" it. Its escapism.
      PS. You don't get PVP fame for duels or in Yellow Zone for knocking players down. You only get fame for an actual kill, when the other player dies.
      Ohhh! awesome! I didn't know that!

Thanks for teaching me something CaptainRussia.
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

So? Do you except people to just stand there while you kill them? If you want to kill me, you gotta catch me first.

PenguinSniper wrote:

lmao. It was a yellow zone. If you don't understand game mechanics you aren't qualified to offer a fix to them.Sorry you're not "focused on PvP." There's a zone for that, the blue zones. No one can attack you there.
      you didn't understand a single word i wrote.
      go re-read it, then you have a right to reply.
      I understood it perfectly. If you don't think people should have the right to reply to your glorious post, perhaps you should keep it in your head.
    • You THINK you understood it perfectly, but that's your ego.

Look at the way I replied to CaptainRussia, maybe you should ask him what I meant.

Edit: grabbed a screenshot for you to make it easier for you to see how CaptainRussia understood and you didn't.

I was over-encumbered, he ws attacking me,and when his hp was low he ran away.

You say "Do you expect people to just stand there while you kill them?"

Well that's what Fizzcock was expecting.

If his hp wasnt dropping he wouldn't have ran. He would have sat there killing me repeatedly so i couldn't even mount up.

You're acting like I was the red flagged player chasing people around the map, then complaining because a player ran away from me.

That's why I don't think you understood what I was posting.

You probably just said "too long, didn't read, looks like whining so i'm gonna flame them."

And by the way, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, Abydon & Fred_the_Barbarian, I will never reply to any of your forum posts ever again.

The post was edited 2 times, last by PenguinSniper ().

• Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

lmao. It was a yellow zone. If you don't understand game mechanics you aren't qualified to offer a fix to them.Sorry you're not "focused on PvP." There's a zone for that, the blue zones. No one can attack you there.
      you didn't understand a single word i wrote.go re-read it, then you have a right to reply.
      I understood it perfectly. If you don't think people should have the right to reply to your glorious post, perhaps you should keep it in your head.
      Just ignore PenguinSniper, he is a drama-troll who claims he isn't.
      Discord: ChaosCircle#9506

Neighborhood Watch is always recruiting!
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

ZhangLiaoSebi wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

ZhangLiaoSebi wrote:

So if someone starts beating your ass in real life, you're not going to try to get away?It very much is human nature.
      If you don't think other animals act like that, then, you don't know much about animals. No living creature wants to stay in a losing fight if they can avoid it.
      whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ? i think you didn't understand me ...
    • ZhangLiaoSebi wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

ZhangLiaoSebi wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

ZhangLiaoSebi wrote:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ? i think you didn't understand me ...
      Ok, if you're talking about the other side of it, do you know of an animal that won't go for what it thinks is an easy meal if it can? ...Or back to my original point, or try to escape if it turns out that meal wasn't so easy after all?
    • Just look at pack of wolfs. They are so discouregous, when they cant fight with backstabs, and even not try to attempt to fight face to face(not even compering that with outnumbering thier prey). Wolfs are so hardly pussies, that I cant even understood why ppl take them as something with virtues.

Just talking about animals xD
      So, do not mix human nature with animal, as it only bring confusion (unless You are like animal - aka evolutionist beliver > aka your grand...father is ape)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Qolkkalom ().

• Qolkkalom wrote:

Just look at pack of wolfs. They are so discouregous, when they cant fight with backstabs, and even not try to attempt to fight face to face(not even compering that with outnumbering thier prey). Wolfs are so hardly pussies, that I cant even understood why ppl take them as something with virtues.

So, do not mix human nature with animal, as it only bring confusion (unless You are like animal - aka evolutionist beliver > aka your grand...father is ape)
      There is no mixing. most humans are the same damn way!

• if running away wasn't bad enough failed pk on a gatherer attempt, this one got on their mount to gtfo

Qolkkalom wrote:

Just look at pack of wolfs. They are so discouregous, when they cant fight with backstabs, and even not try to attempt to fight face to face(not even compering that with outnumbering thier prey). Wolfs are so hardly pussies, that I cant even understood why ppl take them as something with virtues.

did you really just say that

The post was edited 1 time, last by PenguinSniper ().

• It's not a player kill if the player isn't actually killed, so really all they are doing is rehearsing their attacks, didn't you say that was reasonable in a previous post @PenguinSniper ? Hard to label someone as a PK in a yellow zone.

A lot of people run when the attack goes bad, please don't think this game is about morals and virtues, that will get you killed quick. I told you this the first time we ever spoke. It is about survival. That doesn't mean that you cannot have morals but don't expect people to play by your rules and ideals, that too will get you killed quick.

Or at least knocked down in a yellow zone ;)
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • Qolkkalom wrote:

ive higher biology degree, you?
      So you have a "higher biology degreee" and at the same time you call someone who takes facts as they are, an "evolutionist believer" and his gradfather an ape? Waht exactly is your degree in? Doesn't sound like you ever had even a single lesson in biology.

Sounds to me like you have no degree at all and that you believe in some story in one of those fantasy bestsellers, I mean, just choose one ... are your humans made out of clay, were your female humans born from a mans rip, or what is your fanatsy book telling you to believe?
      You do know why it is called "believing" in religions and not "knowing", right?

Don't get me wrong, I do not care about anyone beeing religious or what ever, but saying that humans are not just the prime evolved animal on this planet, is completely bonkers for me.
    • Another idea is that the dev's make slots for 3 tools, then all gear equipped and tools in the slots are safe from being looted. Plus they could make it so you take (ZERO) damage to your equipped items if killed by other players.

If killed by PvE mobs, then you take damage to your gear. The only items that should be lootable by other players that kill you is resources and any unequipped gear. This will save on huge repair/replace bills and prevent newer players from loosing too much and make it fairer for all players, excluding pvp ganking wankers lol

After all they are the ones committing murder in the game and there for should have stricter penalties, like entering cities, all they have to do is make it past the gates guards, once in the city they are safe, this needs to be changed so that they can be killed by non-pvp players freely in the cities, and they aren't able to attack back OR you add city guards within.

PvP gankers/murderers should have a thieves guild they can enter, but they need a certain level in negative rep to enter also, so it'll make players consider if it's worth acting out such crimes.
      [b][u][i][color=#800000]Bloodwolff[/color][/i][/u][/b]
    • Heidenherz wrote:

Qolkkalom wrote:

ive higher biology degree, you?
      So you have a "higher biology degreee" and at the same time you call someone who takes facts as they are, an "evolutionist believer" and his gradfather an ape? Waht exactly is your degree in? Doesn't sound like you ever had even a single lesson in biology.
      Sounds to me like you have no degree at all and that you believe in some story in one of those fantasy bestsellers, I mean, just choose one ... are your humans made out of clay, were your female humans born from a mans rip, or what is your fanatsy book telling you to believe?
      You do know why it is called "believing" in religions and not "knowing", right?

Don't get me wrong, I do not care about anyone beeing religious or what ever, but saying that humans are not just the prime evolved animal on this planet, is completely bonkers for me.
      Yeah, well if he thinks he's prime alpha, go swim with great whites, wrestle with tigers bare hand combat, I'm sure you're not the alpha swimming/walking away from the fight lol
      [b][u][i][color=#800000]Bloodwolff[/color][/i][/u][/b]