Daggers

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• So in this thread I want to give my feedback on all usual (non-artifact) daggers that I used, from t4 to t6, 1h, pair daggers and claws.
      Like with other weapon "classes", daggers only differ in their "E" ability, so they have alot of things in common.

Q: Assassin Spirit and Sunder armor.
      Sunder Armor. If we take Sunder armor, it's lacking compared to other abilities of this sort. Abilities which are used by sword and axe users, for example, the ones which get you charges which empower your abilities depending on their quantity at the moment of strike.
      For example, at t4 pair daggers, sunder armor deals 178 damage with +92 mastery bonus that I have, reduces targer's resistances by 14, stacking up to total of -42, which is about 17-20% it seems, has a cooldown of 3 seconds and consumes 14 energy. Which seems decent, but for example claymore's Heroic strike deals 199 damage, which is more than SA, has the same three seconds cooldown. Has the energy cost of 5, which is almost three times less than SA, and gives 10% of movement speed each stack, up to 30%. Movement speed helps to stay on the target, to dodge AoEs, to escape if you need to do so for some reason. Movement speed bonus is big. And it's on an ability which only loses about 10% of damage to SA if it's being used on 3 stacks of SA. Fun fact: Sunder Armor does not affect Slit Throat damage for some reason.
      If we compare it to greataxe's Rending Strike, we'll see that Rending Strike has 206 tooltip damage including bleeding, and stacks a healing debuff for up to 30%. 30% of healing reduction, in my opinion, is still better than what SA has to offer, at the same time the dot part synergizes nicely with mercenary jacket, and doesn't hurt this ability much as axes are not good at dealing burst damage anyway. It also has 2 seconds cooldown instead of 3 seconds, which is 50% more, and has an energy cost of 8, which is almost two times lower than SA.
      If we compare it to Pike's Lunging Strike and Spirit Spear, we'll see that Lunging Strike still does more damage (180), applies up to 30% slow on a target, which will be up all the time, consumes almost two times less energy, but has a cooldown of 4 seconds. And Spirit Spear has about two times lesser energy consumption, 50% lesser cooldown, doubles spear's attack damage at three stacks, and turns a spear user into a ranged character.
      Double bladed's concussive blow - same cooldown, two times less energy consumption, deals more damage, provides a stun at three charges which is arguably better than resistance decrease.
      Cursed Staff - Vile Curse has 2 seconds cooldown instead of three, deals more damage, has almost two times less energy consumption.
      Assassin Spirit. If we compare all of the above to Assassin Spirit, we'll see that it consumes even more energy, has 4 seconds cooldown, the highest of all charge accumulating Qs, on one level with Pike's Lunging Strike. But unlike lunging strike, you can't keep the buff up forever, as you'll have to either wait for charges to go off, or use it at three stacks to get a three seconds invisibility which gets broken by any damage inculing dots, making this invisibility completely useless on practice. Here we see that Lunging Strike gives 105% autoattack damage and attack range. While Assassin Spirit gives 90% attack damage (15% less), and gives attack speed instead of weapon range. What is better - attack range or attack speed, is debatable, but so far these abilities seem even, but for some reason, assassin spirit reduces it's user resistances by about 20 per stack, making it -60. It debuffs the dagger user itself more than sunder armor debuffs it's target. And if target which is getting hit by SA understands that it's focused and it's better be careful, a dagger user with three charges of AS can't predict when exactly he'll get switched into and bursted, which may end up lethal because 60 resistances is a difference bigger than one between t4 leather and cloth. It's alot if it's up at all times.

In the end both Q abilities are bad, considerably worse than their analogues. They lack damage, they lack cooldown speed, they lack utility, they lack energy economy.

W: Throwing blades, Dash, Forbidden Stab, Infiltration
      Throwing blades provide 15% damage increase and 25% movespeed increase on hit. It can actually stack if multiple enemies are hit, but tbqh I can't imagine a situation where one would be able to get 3 stacks of TB and be able to utilize 5 seconds of these buffs at the same time. It's on a 15 seconds cooldown, and consumes 32 energy on flat t4 dagger pair. Pike's Inner focus, while being on the same cooldown and consiming about the same amount of energy, gives 40% damage, 40% cc duration and 60% movement speed for the same 5 seconds.It's almost 3 times the movement speed, almost 3 times of damage, on top of cc duration increase, and the only payback is a 2 second channeling, which is not as bad if you get a 5 second run after the channel. If we compare it to claymore - iron will gives 25% damage reduction and 20% movespeed increase. So 5% less speed and 25% damage reduction against 15% damage. On a 5 seconds longet cooldown with about 10 less energy cost. Greataxe - Adrenaline boost provides 40% of movespeed (instead of 25) and 20% damage (instead of 15), Has five seconds longer cooldown, and a bit less energy cost. This ability, same as others of this type, do not require you to hit a target before you get your buff, which may be important, if you want to get a heavy hit onto someone right out of ambush.
      Forbidden stab provides a 40% outgoing healing decrease,for 5 seconds, being on a 15 second cooldown, consuming 19 energy. So 33% of the time an enemy healer will heal only 60% of what he normally would. Which is nice, and this ability is unique in some sort, but seems rather weak, as axes can get a 30% healing debuff without sacrificing anything, while dagger user has to sacrifice dash, to try to mitigate complete lack of any CC.
      Dash - moves your character to selected destination. Consumes 21 energy and has a cooldown of 10 seconds. Probably the best dagger ability as it helps to catch targets and escape, has a pretty low cooldown. It's not enough to catch kiting builds or dismount people reliably, but many other builds would be very happy if they could lay their hand on dash. It could probably use something like slow, or small movement speed increase on it, to do what CC does for most other melee builds, but in this case all other W abilities would go even deeper into the trash can where they belong already.
      Infiltration. If you believe it's description - it sleeps for 8 seconds, has a 15 seconds cooldown, and sleeps the target after as slight delay. Slight delay is 2 seconds, which makes it impossible to use to catch kiters, interrupt spellcasting, chase people or avoid AoEs. 8 seconds sleep is actually 2-2.5 seconds after reduction. For me, it was unclear what this ability is supposed to be used for, but I thought that I can either use it to sleep healers and kill their friends meanwhile, sleep someone to wait for his cooldowns/buffs, sleep so I can get assassin spirit charges, but 2 second delay paired with a duration this short, killed all those ideas. On top of it, sleep is broken by any damage, including dots. So Deep Cuts will interrupt it, Poison will interrupt it, and those are ofter used by dagger builds. All your teammates' dots will interrupt it aswell. This one is complete and total garbadge and doesn't worth going deep into daggers.

In the end, among these abilities dash does what throwing blades and infiltration do in practice, but better. Forbidden stab is unique but weak ability. Reducing it's cooldown, or increasing it's duration might help, but for now everyone runs Dash for obvious reasons.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von Dethcord ()

• Cont.

E. Disembowel, Slit Throat. Poison coating.
      Slit Throat is an ability on a 15 seconds cooldown, consumes 29 mana and deals total of 1092 damage with my masteries. Or 1185 with assassin chest, soldier boots and a mage cowl, flat t4.This is one of the heaviest hitting nukes in the game, dealing damage close to Death Curse and Meteor. But it's damage is spread into 60% inital hit, and 40% dot damage. Which is bad for the ability because it doesn't deal that big of a damage spike as it would do if it would deal 100% of the damage in one hit, but at the same time it may synergize nicely with mercenary jacket, and helps to heal up fast. It doesn't go too well with Sunder Armor, since it's resistance debuff doesn't affect Slit Throat damage for some reason. I've even tested in on purpose, and so no difference in damage at all. And the same time, target will be able to remove SA stacks with cleanse, which is often used, much more often than purge. Said target can use retaliate, iceblock, block and many other things which may prevent using this ability on them, and being unable to deal full damage to another target. It seems to go well with Assassin Spirit, as it's possible to get stacks while being out of combat, this way dagger user has an ability to kite melee builds. Atleast he can try to do so with some help of Dash, Ambush, Wanderlust abilities, it helps to keep pressuring healers with considerably bigger dps (With flat t4 I have a dps of 130, which becomes 190/259/338 at 1/2/3 stacks respectively, so it may increase AA dps by about 255% at three stacks. That won't work trying to outdps other melees tho, as resistances are severely reduced at the time. It's probably better than 1h dagger for pvp since you can get charges out of combat, and you only need to appear near your target for a brief moment, so dagger pair user won't suffer that much being unable to stay on the target. This ability's main downside however, is predictability. Daggers' Q abilities are inferior to it's analogues, so E should decide the winner most of the time. and Slit Throat is something that can easily be countered. Retaliate, Block, Ice Block, kiting for 6 seconds and much more - and charges are going off, and dagger pair user has to either spend 12 more seconds stacking them, or spend time trying to catch a kiter to hit him with a SA, or getting smashed in melee against some sword/axe type of build. If he's unable to use ST - he can't outdps anyone. It's important to mention, that, say, broadsword can offer about the same amount of burst as dagger pair. Claymore can do the same, and it will be even easier, and probably more effective, as the initial hit of Slit Throat will be about the same as Charge/Mighty Blow damage. But on top of initial burst spike, charge roots the target, and mighty blow interrupts spellcasting and increase resistances, while ST deals more damage, but spread in time, which is only good if the enemy has no healer, which is almost always no the case. The last thing to mention is that it has a casttime, so it interrupts itself if I try to hit anyone moving in bad network conditions (which are 90% of the time). The casttime itself is small enough to make it a completely random chance. If it gets dodged by frostshot, if it gets interrupted and goes onm CD - only decided by a chance.
      So far, one has to come up with some unusual stuff to make double daggers actually work. It's a melee weapon that pretty much can't outdps other weapons staying in melee range, and at the same time, it has no CC to catch kiting builds.
      Poison Coating. An ability with the most synergy daggers have to offer.It deals bonus magic damage for every autoattack, on practice it's basically double damage for five seconds. It has good synergy with hunter jacket aswell, as it gives even more attack speed. Even more - there is a synergy wtih Attack speed passive, that increases attack speed by 30% for 3 seconds every 6 autoattacks. The problem with this weapon however, is that to completely nullify it's damage, one has to CC or kite it's user for five seconds, after this he will be useless for another 15 seconds. And he won't be able to do lots of such attempts, because it's very energy consuming - 46 energy per use, which is about 1/4th of full flat t4 character's energy pool. And if dagger pair user has to appear near his target for a brief moment to use ST, 1h dagger user has to stay on his target for all five seconds.
      Poison coating is very energy hungry, lasts for only five secons, and daggers lack any way to reliably stay on the target. And 1h dagger burst on practice is countered by pretty much "walking away". It's a PvE weapon pretty much, or it can be used in a group with a specific team composition or to kill people by surprise. Not enough mobility or CC to stay on the target, too big energy drain to stay effective for many attempts.
      Disembowel. A channeling ability with a 30 seconds cooldown, that deals 830 damage during the channeling, and 351 damage more as a dot. It deals good amount of damage paired with long CC. This ability deals the same damage regardless of charges, and it holds the target in place. It's only downside, however, is probably it's cooldown and energy cost. As disembowel is easily countered by everything mentioned above, plus any movement ability. A simple dash counters disembowel pretty hard. It shines in a group, where it gives high damage and a good CC on demand, but only twice a minute. And frost shot, dash, dodge roll, blink and many more counter it very hard, so far it's almost always used to dismount people in the open world.

____
      Completely fogrot about the passives. Most of them don't make sense. Deep Cuts are decent because they go well with assassin jacket due to the dot part, and they to bonus damage after 4 strikes, which is less than 6, which is important if you want to avoit taking damage in melee, or can't get a hold on some kiting target. Attack speed is only decent with one handed dagger in PvE, where you can keep beating on a target uninterrupted for more than 6 attacks. Works kinda well with haste and three stacks of AS, so you get your six attacks fast, but it will only work once a minute. Agressive rush gives to little damage for too little time to consider using it over other passives. And Life Leech heals less than other passives give dps, and it would still shine in situations where you recieve damage and attacking someone fast at the same time. It's only the case with one handed dagger, but with three stacks of assassin spirit, resistance debuff will be big enough so life leech won't be noticable. And if 1h fighter will die fast anyway, he might aswell grab a dps passive to do the only job he can do, better. Not sure that it's dagger only problem, it doesn't seem to me that Axe's passive that increases resistances for 2 seconds after 5 strikes is that useful, either.

____
      So in common - daggers lack burst damage, their damage is too spread in time, despite being good at PvE dps, they can't actually outdps other classes in a manfight because all DPS comes from E abilities and assassin spirit, which reduces resistances heavily, in group fight it becomes even worse if you can focused with 3 stacks of assassin spirit on, in this case Dagger user recieves more damage than if he'd be wearing cloth. Daggers lack either CC or mobility, as one dash doesn't quite cover it, they have a hard time fighting kiting builds, and a hard time staying on their target. And all their abilities are easy to counter because of how predictable they are, which would not be such a big problem, if Daggers' Q abilities were on par with other weapons' Qs. And daggers have the one and the only W ability.

Ideally, Q abilities should be on par with their analogues, W abilities should be buffed so they can be picked over dash, and it would be nice to have more burst damage. For dagger pair it would mean increasing amount of damage dealt by Slit Throat direct hit, for 1h dagger it would mean a way to stay on the target, like a slow reapplied each hit while Poison Coating is active. For claws it would mean making players unable to jump out of disembowel. Alternative ways are providing some sort of hard CC, which would be impactful, but not strong enough to make dagger user a CC character.
      _____

Excuse my typos and bad english, feel free to comment and insult me for a good reason or without any.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Dethcord () aus folgendem Grund: Edited it a tiny bit to make it easier to read, but this forum's tools are pain to use, typing primitive stuff manually for it to work.

• Awesome job comparing all these. I was working on something like this but you just saved me time lol. I hope the devs are seeing all these dagger posts as they are my fav weapon and right now they are trash.
      Myrmidons is always recruiting. Part of [ARCH] Alliance. MSG me in game to join. Achillles. (yes thats 3 L's)
    • Balabhadra schrieb:

This is a little hard to read. Could you space out he text walls a somewhat?

Return spaces gaps rather than paragraphs.

At the moment it hurts my eyes but I would really like to read what you have to say here.

Perhaps use bullet points and other formatting options for ease of reading?

Thanks.

:)
      Don't be such a pansy and read it............
      Myrmidons is always recruiting. Part of [ARCH] Alliance. MSG me in game to join. Achillles. (yes thats 3 L's)
    • Vitt4300 schrieb:

Balabhadra schrieb:

At the moment it hurts my eyes but I would really like to read what you have to say here.

Thanks.

No thanks.

I'd prefer some respect given to the reader if feedback is to be analysed.

I will not read that wall of text, neither will many other people.
    • Q: Assassin Spirit and Sunder Armor
      Sunder Armor
      -SA energy consumption must go down
      -It should provide either more damage, or bigger resistance debuff, or both. Those would be the easiest ways to fix SA
      -It should probably slow it's target a bit, to make it a viable option for 1h builds, as now AS completely outshines SA when used with 1h dagger, because of it's attack speed synergy with Poison Coating.
      Assassin Spirit
      -AS's energy consumption must go down.
      -AS should not reduce it's user's resistances. It makes the user vulnerable to being focused, because resistances go below cloth levels, and it's on a melee character, not ranged one. Against any semi-competent group, AS user will be focused down and killed as a first priority. Plus AS analogue Spirit Spear gives about the same bonuses, while providing no penalties, on an overall stronger weapon. Resistance reduction is unjustified.
      -AS must give an opportunity to hold stacks at 3 at all times. It's currently the only ability that forces the player to drop stacks. This is one of the things which makes AS+ST combination weak, because stacks stay for 7 seconds, minus one second of ST casstime and animation, as it calculates the damage at the moment of impact, minus the global cooldown after the AS use, and you get a 5 seconds window where anything like retaliate/iceblock/etc. can be used, and after this the dagger user will have to stack AS again for 12 full seconds having no major sources of damage, and recieving more damage due to decreased resistances. It's also one of those things that make 1h dagger a 5 second wonder, because after 5 seconds not only Poison Coating is wearing off, AS charged are wearing off aswell, leaving 1h user completely dps-less.
      Or, AS's invisibility should be reworked into something else. Something valuable which won't require perfect timing to be used. IMO a dot would work something that will help dealing damage when dagger user is forced to run at low charges. It would also fit the entire dagger vibe. Or it can be a silence. So in some situation player may think if it will be better to use ST or silence, or maybe a stun? This way dagger user will have two finisher options without being overpowered. It will also make Hunter jacket a viable choice for dual daggers, as players may chose to use CC finisher of assassin spirit, and use hunter jacket's haste to get some damage on the CCd target, which will not be a must-take option, as daggers still go well with many other armors
      W: Throwing blades, Dash, Forbidden Stab, Infiltration
      Throwing blades
      Need a rework. The concept of stacking the buff on three different targets with a weapon that has zero aoe, makes no sense even for PvE. It should be either a flat buff like Iron Will, fitting the Dagger vibe - probably major damage and attack speed increase, or damage and runspeed increase, something along these lines. It can also be a unique buff - which would increase only one stat, unlike Iron Will and other analogues. People would think of picking it over dash if it would give 50% runspeed for 5 seconds, or 50% damage for 5 seconds. These have synergy with another item pieces and other dagger abilities. Alternatively, it could be a throwing ability which would deal decent damage and provide some sort of CC, or some dot damage. Which would help against kiters and hopefully increase Assassin Hood's viability.
      Dash
      The king of Ws for the entire dagger tree. helps to cut distance, but after this a dagger pair user can only use ST, and Claws user can use dismember. 1h user will be able to land one Poison Coated hit, and that's probably it. It should provide a short movement speed increase, same as dodge roll, or a slight CC, like a slow, or some brief stun, or anything of such sort. But this ability will always be viable atleast because it helps to escape and dodge AoEs.
      Forbidden Stab
      If it's to be left it it's current role, it needs to have either less cooldown, or longer duration. It won't worth being taken over dash unless it has atleast 50% uptime on the healer. Better be careful with tweaking this one, as it may turn out to be healer's bane.
      Infiltration
      "Slight delay" must be removed completely. This ability will always be bad unless it's instant. It already has bigger cooldown and mana consumption compared to dash.
      After this, there are following ways of making it useful:
      -Increasing sleep length about 3-4 times, not interrupted by dots. This way it will be a strong CC tool.
      -Replacing sleep with stun, even 1 second stun (after reductions) will be good. It will help catching kiting builds.
      -Replacing sleep with slow. Same as above.
      -Replacing sleep with temporary damage increase. Will synergize well with all Es daggers have to offer.
      E: Slit Throat, Poison Coating, Disembowel
      Slit Throat
      The main problem of this ability is that it's not impactful enough. It deals good amount of damage only to players with no healers, and require alot of preparation to be dangerious, it's very predictable and easily avoidable.
      Can be buffed by either providing more burst damage by changing the initial hit damage to 80-100%, or providing heavy CC instead of a dot. A stun or a silence after ST will make this ability much stronger and will make it a viable choice for small scale PvP.
      Casttime has to go too. 0.5 seconds casttime is too fast to react to in usual fight, but at the same time if it gets interrupted it goes on cooldown for another 15 seconds. In such situations randomness affects it too much. Being able to keep AS at 3 stacks at all times will help this ability alot, too.
      Poison Coating
      PC's main problem is that it lasts 5 seconds, so it can be blocked or kited easily, on top of decent cooldown of 15 seconds and big energy consumption.
      -Energy consumption should go down
      -PC hits should slow the target by atleast 30%, so players will have to use abilities to counter it instead of just walking away.
      This way 1h dagger user's burst can still be countered by plenty of items, but atleast he'll be able to force cooldowns off his enemies and still have enough energy to keep fighting.
      Disembowel
      Disembowel's main problem is it's huge cooldown paired with the fact that it's countered by every movement ability, and every anti-burst ability.
      -If disembowel channeling is broken, it should come up 30-35% faster. This way players will decide if they want to block the channel damage, or dodge it completely, but face it again faster than they'd want to.
      Passives
      3 of dagger passives fill the same niche - increasing DPS on a stationary target, and the forth one provides selfhealing which is almost not noticable.
      -Agressive rush has to be stronger. If it's to stay the way it is, 6% damage increase is just not enough, as it will make it worse than Deep Cuts in many situations, while filling the same niche. It should provide atleast 15% increase, this way it can be combined with any Es for maximum damage, while being weaker than Deep Cuts and Attack Speed for sustained dps. It will make people consider wearing t6 over t4.2.
      -Lifeleech may only work after AS stops reducing user's resistances. But this way it will only work with 1 handed dagger builds. It should heal the user on dot hits aswell, but provide about two times less healing. It should also synergize with disembowel to stay an option for this weapon.
      -Attack Speed
      Seems decent for hitting on a stationary target. If above passives are changed, this one will fill the niche of being a pure DPS passive.
      -Deep Cuts are mostly fine the way they are. This passive provides DPS increase while requiring less hits to be made. It's probably better than other passives in situations where dagger user can't stick to it's target for long, or for hit-and-run tactics.

There are some things to be desired. Certaing passives which would work every 4-6 hits or every 15-30 seconds, but they should work on the first hit, after which a countdown shall start. For example, a passive that would add 100 damage to your next strike. It would go well if timed with mage robe's berserk, it would go well with opening from ambush with ST and bonus damage from this passive, etc. Instead of raw damage, it could also apply a dot, or increase attack speed for the first couple of seconds after hitting the target, or provide some minor CC like 0.5 seconds stun + 1 second slow, something along these lines.

Keep in mind, that these suggestions do not imply that I want all of the above and I want it now, but any of those implemented will make dagger tree considerably better than it is now. It's also a quick list of things that I had in my head and it's possible to come up fast with even better things which will push playerbase to diversify their builds and playstyles, which will make every weapon viable for any ingame situation, if it's ganking, PvE, group fights or anything else.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Dethcord ()

• Good effort OP . It's just a Shame the community of Albion complain about daggers since 2 years now and wait for a rework and it never happens, instead they got nerfed to the ground to be sure nobody use it so nobody complains.
      Even a simple clarification about the Albion team position toward this weapon three has not been made so we don't know what to expect or simply if there is something to expect.
    • Balabhadra schrieb:

Vitt4300 schrieb:

Balabhadra schrieb:

Thanks.

No thanks.
      I'd prefer some respect given to the reader if feedback is to be analysed.

you are whats wrong with America these days.

I read it with 0 issue
    • Vitt4300 schrieb:

Balabhadra schrieb:

Vitt4300 schrieb:

Balabhadra schrieb:

Thanks.

No thanks.I'd prefer some respect given to the reader if feedback is to be analysed.

you are whats wrong with America these days.
      I read it with 0 issue
      I am not from America...... The world does not revolve around America, as much as you wish it did.

Dude, also... you need to chill and accept that the feedback was graciously accepted.

Thanks Mr easily offended on others behalf (special) snowflake!

Have a niceee daaaaaaayyyyy!

*sigh.... Americans*

:D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von Balabhadra ()

• Balabhadra schrieb:

Vitt4300 schrieb:

Balabhadra schrieb:

Vitt4300 schrieb:

Balabhadra schrieb:

Thanks.

No thanks.I'd prefer some respect given to the reader if feedback is to be analysed.
      you are whats wrong with America these days.I read it with 0 issue
      I am not from America...... The world does not revolve around America, as much as you wish it did.
      Dude, also... you need to chill and accept that the feedback was graciously accepted.

*sigh.... Americans*

im tale u men u dun tok cok edit 4 time la make u look tryhard loh~
    • Balabhadra schrieb:

Vitt4300 schrieb:

Balabhadra schrieb:

Vitt4300 schrieb:

Balabhadra schrieb:

Thanks.

you are whats wrong with America these days.I read it with 0 issue

*sigh.... Americans*

I knew as I was writing that you were going to say you weren't from America regardless rather you were or not, nevertheless, you sound like one....
    • You're overcomplicating it. The entire weapon is built around Slit Throat. Sunder slit throat was too telegraphed, so they implemented Assassin Spirit. AS dumbed-down the weapon and made 3 stack Slits too easy to pull off for how powerful they were. Instead of getting rid of AS and making Sunder a self-stack, they nerfed Slit Throat, which never should have been on the table for a nerf because it's still a burst weapon with a long cd tied to a combo. AS+a powerful Slit Throat can't coexist on the same weapon, but neither is the weapon competitive without AS. The weapon just needs a redesign at this point to turn it into a ganking weapon, because they've backed themselves into a corner with these changes.
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHe1Oh9wH4NSBm0WoyuWK7Q
    • Hexen schrieb:

You're overcomplicating it. The entire weapon is built around Slit Throat. Sunder slit throat was too telegraphed, so they implemented Assassin Spirit. AS dumbed-down the weapon and made 3 stack Slits too easy to pull off for how powerful they were. Instead of getting rid of AS and making Sunder a self-stack, they nerfed Slit Throat, which never should have been on the table for a nerf because it's still a burst weapon with a long cd tied to a combo. AS+a powerful Slit Throat can't coexist on the same weapon, but neither is the weapon competitive without AS. The weapon just needs a redesign at this point to turn it into a ganking weapon, because they've backed themselves into a corner with these changes.
      I do, but I wanted to show that daggers can be buffed in various ways. Of course redesign would be better at this point, but I think removing ST's casttime, removing AS resistance decrease, and decreasing Q cooldowns to 2 an 3 seconds could go a long way, and won'require much to implement