Daggers

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Is there another weapon that can provide sunder debuff on the Q ability though? Perhaps if the Q ability was an AE that would be meaningful, but a single target sunder is kind of meh in the grand scheme of things, don't you think? Especially when it's provided by a melee class.

I'm just curious if you feel Daggers are fine in the game? What would you suggest changing?
    • Its strange how for such an "underpowered" class that Claws/Bloodletter rank so highly for most used weapons/kills, Dagger pair is perhaps lacking abit.. But really how is SBI going to make the most popular ganking/open world line even more popular? sounds abit like you all want to be OP running around one shotting people / higher dmg than cloth users whilst wearing your leather armour at what point will daggers become balanced? Its becoming abit funny, i can just see SBI getting sick of the vocal minority whining on the forums so theyll buff it and we have another staff of balance on our hands.. Not only do claws have ability to chase they can lock down a target all while interupting casting/ providing burst dmg, and in arena yday a bloodletter got the highest number of kills against an even side, he was unstoppable killing all the Low hp targets before they could receive healing. I mean really SBI think about this buff carefully and realise the people asking for it are the ones using the weapon rn in open world ganking. @Retroman

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Asaroth ()

• Asaroth schrieb:

Its strange how for such an "underpowered" class that Claws/Bloodletter rank so highly for most used weapons/kills, Dagger pair is perhaps lacking abit.. But really how is SBI going to make the most popular ganking/open world line even more popular? sounds abit like you all want to be OP running around one shotting people / higher dmg than cloth users whilst wearing your leather armour at what point will daggers become balanced? Its becoming abit funny, i can just see SBI getting sick of the vocal minority whining on the forums so theyll buff it and we have another staff of balance on our hands.. Not only do claws have ability to chase they can lock down a target all while interupting casting/ providing burst dmg, and in arena yday a bloodletter got the highest number of kills against an even side, he was unstoppable killing all the Low hp targets before they could receive healing. I mean really SBI think about this buff carefully and realise the people asking for it are the ones using the weapon rn in open world ganking. @Retroman
      That's why the focus shouldn't be on increase the weapon's damage but the utility. There's no place in this game for a strict ganking weapon. And that's all every single dagger is capable of. It needs to provide something to a group for GvG and ZvZ. Even if it's just a single dagger out of the 6 and a single skill on that dagger. I mean even bows have 2 skills of value outside ganking.
    • Asaroth schrieb:

Its strange how for such an "underpowered" class that Claws/Bloodletter rank so highly for most used weapons/kills, Dagger pair is perhaps lacking abit.. But really how is SBI going to make the most popular ganking/open world line even more popular? sounds abit like you all want to be OP running around one shotting people / higher dmg than cloth users whilst wearing your leather armour at what point will daggers become balanced? Its becoming abit funny, i can just see SBI getting sick of the vocal minority whining on the forums so theyll buff it and we have another staff of balance on our hands.. Not only do claws have ability to chase they can lock down a target all while interupting casting/ providing burst dmg, and in arena yday a bloodletter got the highest number of kills against an even side, he was unstoppable killing all the Low hp targets before they could receive healing. I mean really SBI think about this buff carefully and realise the people asking for it are the ones using the weapon rn in open world ganking. @Retroman
      That's exactly what I said in another dagger thread (there's over 9000 of them, just to know). so I share your opinion.
      People playing daggers a lot, and whining about them as "underpowered". It is not true. Weapons that underpowered are not played at all. For example weeping crossbow. Nobody plays it and so nobody whines about it. But daggers are played heavily - by who? - gankers. And gankers always loved easy kills - that's main reason why they whining - they want their weapons OP for getting easy kills 1v1 or evdn 1v2. That's their sweet dreams.
    • Assassins spirit is broken the cd reduction doesn't seem to work. If you do take it you are taking a around I am guessing a 33 dps loss. What could be really cool is if when you poped that 4th stack it switched to sunder without cd penalty. This would allow for an early burst, gear freedom, and high dmg. Remember that reflect, cc, or even aoe means we are dead.
    • In my opinion, the new assassin spirit is quite underwhelming. Essentially the effects were severely nerfed in exchange of making it stack automatically.
      Yes, the new buff applies a damage increase to all abilities, but it doesn't make up for the damage lost from not having an active q.

Lets take T6 dagger pair as an example: 3 stack slit throat - 1367 dmg. with the 18% buff you get an extra 1367 * 0.18 = 246 damage. This is only slightly more than a single sunder armor tap at 212.

Even if you add the buff on your auto attacks: 108/second * 0.18 = 19.5 it would still take almost 11 seconds to achieve the same damage as a single sunder. Not to mention that in order to do this would would have to be sticking to your target the entire time while also taking an extra 9% damage.

On top of that the 15 second time limit is pretty stingy this prevents it from being used more than once without resetting with any of the abilities that benefit from having 3 stacks. Its a stance change ability, given the underwhelming effects it should be allowed to be left on or off for at least 60 secs if not permenantly.

I might also mention that I personally found the repeated stacking sound effect applied even after having 3 stacks to be very annoying.

It appears to me that this ability was designed specifically for a perma invis/deathgivers dueling build and is next to useless almost everywhere else. I will admit that this combination is pretty OP and something would probably have to be done about it in order to improve the assassin spirit ability without making that specific build neigh unbeatable. however, I don't think this is a good excuse for making it mostly useless everywhere else.

I guess someone could also use it to get all three of their stacks for a dagger pair while using ambush, however, the same damage could be achieved by just using Sunder Armor without the ambush buff and you wouldn't be left without a way of dealing damage after the slit throat hit.

I was thinking of using the ability for a ganking build, maybe buff the damage of disembowel or something, however, now that I realize I can cause the same damage with a single tap of sunder armor I have no plans to use this ability.

I really do like the idea of a stance toggle on the daggers, I just think it still needs some work to really fit in.

-Ike
    • It is for duel dagger so you can pop It and stealth. You can almost instantly kill someone with ass spirit ass helm and cloth chest. gives 3stacks 2 stacks if you take cd reduction on boots you get a third rotation.
      ass spirit - cc dagger- slit throat- cd reduction helm- cc dagger - slit throat- cd boots they are probably going to be dead at this point I have 0 specialization and it seems pretty strong. The auto build mean you can slit throat 2x pretty fast. It doubt it is really going to increase use that much though daggers still suffer from range, dps, and dps application issues single hand dagger even more so now.

I hate the the constant disappointment this game inspires attempting to recover my gw2 account hopefully ill be done tomorrow.