How to continue after T5?

• How to continue after T5?

Good morning Albion Community,

My girlfriend and I have reached T5 and asking ourselves how to go on? Until now, we haven’t left the green zone and concentrated to expeditions and open world pve content but after reaching T5 it seems like we have to leave our comfort zone and enter one of the different-colored areas.

The point is, that we have no idea what to expect in yellow, red or black zones and even guides like the one from the official website (link) couldn’t actually help.

We don’t like to become some kind of pvp victims, we just like to continue the pve content.

So maybe you can share some experience with us and help us to expand our horizons or still our fears. We like this game cause of its mix of Ultima Online and EVE Online but actually we don’t see any prospects (probably caused by fear) and don’t know how to go on.

kind regards
    Zentriefugal
  • Hello Mr Zentriefugal
    (ahhhh the name is so long its so cool i just wanted to try to say it LOL)

n-n yellow zone is totally safe. (compare to the red and black)
    you don't lose your stuff there unless you choose to click die.
    but you only get knocked out in yellow zones. and you can always get up.

I think you might want a good guild for the red / black zone so you'll have a party.
    and it is recommended to bring cheap equipments and mounts
    such as t4 basic set, t5 basic set and t3, t4 horse.
    so when you die it's not too bad. put your good stuff in da bank and dont take them in dangerous zones n-n
    n-n you might get more silver / fame before you die.

I think the best way to get to know the pvp part of albion is to run yellow hell gates.
    or- you can simply go to Caerleon naked and stay there for awhile and try to get around.

I'm also a scaredy cat usually hanging in yellow zones and T6 exp
    n-n but I'll eventually sneak into the dangerous places when I'm mentally ready

yeeeee
  • Hey man, as Milliai said, yellow is totally safe as even if anyone attacks you, you only get knocked on your knees, no risk of losing any of your gear.

Eventually, you'll have to venture out in red and black zones.
    The real thing about these is to never bring anything you can't replace. Personally, I have a lot of 4.1 sets stashed in caerleon. They are extremely cheap and, since most of the people wear 4.0, you'll even be able to have an advantage most of the times.
    Rewards out there are amazing, even if you play solo/duo.
    I completely understand your fear, as I had it too when I first got there, but after some point, you'll start to know those maps, you'll probably kill and be killed a couple of times, you'll realize that the gear sets you'll be replacing, other then being very cheap to get, are well worth the fun you'll have with PvP, and you'll probably never set foot in yellow/blue again. Then at some point you'll get richer, meaning that you'll be using t5.1 instead of 4.1 because you'll be able to buy these without any problem, and that's how progress works there.
    Have fun and best of lucks!
  • After asking the same question on the German forum too, we now know that we started playing AO with the wrong perceptions. We expected an MMORPG like Ultima or EVE Online but at least it exposed to be some kind of MOBA with RPG elements. What shouldn’t mean that AO is a bad game, it’s just different from what we expected.

Thanks for your help and enjoy your time in Albion.
  • There is only one answer to your problem: man up and conquer your fear.
    Yellow zones are perfectly safe, you see a count of all hostiles next to your minimap. You also don't lose gear when you get downed (not possible to execute in yellow zones), but you lose 10% of all materials you carry and your gear loses durability. So if you get downed with 800 T4 stone, you will lose 80 stones.
    There is only one way to to unvoluntarily lose gear: Your gear is badly damaged and you get downed again, there is a small chance some of your gear breaking (getting trashed).
    Aside from that, yellow is much like blue zones.
    If you are still scared, train escape techniques with some guild mates/friends. Usually you are not "instagibbed", but have plenty of time to escape. If you don't have it yet, get gathering gear, it has a huge amount of escape and avoidance skills.
  • You cant progress in pve content without stepping into dangerous zones and getting into pvp in one (as hunter) or another way (as victim). If you just want to try more pve - jesus, JUST DO IT. Think about your gear like a risk investment, most of time you will get a lot more silver, than your gear worth, so even after death you will have a lot of fame and money from pve. Just dont bring too expensive items, even cheap t4.0 is enough for most zones.
  • Zentriefugal wrote:

After asking the same question on the German forum too, we now know that we started playing AO with the wrong perceptions. We expected an MMORPG like Ultima or EVE Online but at least it exposed to be some kind of MOBA with RPG elements. What shouldn’t mean that AO is a bad game, it’s just different from what we expected.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Zentriefugal wrote:

After asking the same question on the German forum too, we now know that we started playing AO with the wrong perceptions. We expected an MMORPG like Ultima or EVE Online but at least it exposed to be some kind of MOBA with RPG elements. What shouldn’t mean that AO is a bad game, it’s just different from what we expected.

Well, it's the same with these games.
    Eve Online: if you stay in empire space you never face really hard content and the rewards are very meh
    Ultima Online: even after the felucca/trammel update, the safe facet still had worse rewards, not to mention what this update meant for this game.

But hey, if you don't like it... There's not much we can do :) take care, man
  • Maxx wrote:

Zentriefugal wrote:

Well, it's the same with these games.Eve Online: if you stay in empire space you never face really hard content and the rewards are very meh
    Ultima Online: even after the felucca/trammel update, the safe facet still had worse rewards, not to mention what this update meant for this game.

But hey, if you don't like it... There's not much we can do :) take care, man
    I played A_LOT of Ultima Online, and AO has the "Spirit of UO", but is very very different as well.

As @Maxx points out, Trammel had worse rewards (Fel was eventually 2x resource harvest & the only place you could fight Champion/Harrower) and from my personal experience there were more "griefers" in Trammel trying to abuse mechanics than PK's in Fel. This is why I mostly played Siege Perilous, but I digress...

Hope you guys can find a good space to play in Albion, I have done plenty of YELLOW zone gathering and PvE & have only been PK'd once, so do not fear too much - just dip your toes in and test the water!

My guild is mostly trying to get into Red Zones now & I understand your fears and apprehensions, it can be a scary world. Knowing how to approach it is half the battle, in my opinion. PM me if you want to talk about strategies :)

Take Care & Happy Gaming!
    Grimmoch - The Ironguard
    https://fortsterling.com/
  • Zentriefugal wrote:

We don’t like to become some kind of pvp victims, we just like to continue the pve content.
    This is the wrong mindset in a game like this. There are no "victims", just winners and losers of a particular contest like in Chess or Tennis. In the red and black zones, you are playing the game as a the prey item, say a gazelle, while those hunting you get to be the lion. Your reward for offering yourself up as a target are the valuable resources you collect. You win when you get back to safety with your valuable goods, and they win if they can catch you. There is no shame is being outplayed, and you will find once you get the hang of it you will beat them more often than they catch you by getting your stuff back to town safely.

I get that might not be the game you are looking for, or at least looking for all the time, but this is the open world, full loot concept that Albion Online is designed around. If you refuse to make yourself vulnerable you have to stick to the yellow and blue zones where you can gather mostly worry-free. If that isn't doing it for you, time to start thinking about another game although you should check back in six months or a year and see if anymore 'safe' content has been added as I imagine some will have been.
  • Black_Pedro wrote:

Zentriefugal wrote:

This is the wrong mindset in a game like this. There are no "victims", just winners and losers of a particular contest like in Chess or Tennis. In the red and black zones, you are playing the game as a the prey item, say a gazelle, while those hunting you get to be the lion. Your reward for offering yourself up as a target are the valuable resources you collect. You win when you get back to safety with your valuable goods, and they win if they can catch you. There is no shame is being outplayed, and you will find once you get the hang of it you will beat them more often than they catch you by getting your stuff back to town safely.
    I get that might not be the game you are looking for, or at least looking for all the time, but this is the open world, full loot concept that Albion Online is designed around. If you refuse to make yourself vulnerable you have to stick to the yellow and blue zones where you can gather mostly worry-free. If that isn't doing it for you, time to start thinking about another game although you should check back in six months or a year and see if anymore 'safe' content has been added as I imagine some will have been.
    This.

A thousand times, this.

Could not have stated it better myself.
    Grimmoch - The Ironguard
    https://fortsterling.com/