The Albion Data Project - Beta Release

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• evn wrote:

What triggers the price of an item to be cataloged? The game only sends the traffic for a particular item if that item is fuzzy-matched from the search bar on the market GUI right?
      Correct. The client sends a request to the server with a set of filters such as category, quality, etc. and the server response with the first 50 matching orders sorted price ascending.

The orders in the response is what we look at and send off.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/regnerba
    • I made a little go executable for me to subscribe to the NATS and put the data in my MongoDB database in order to extract some simple carleon / fort sterling market data but I think my work will be obsolete soon.

Will albion-data.com be the future of albion-market.com ?
      Do you plan to provide an open API to access the datas ?
      [b]Discord[/b]: Leethium#1303
    • Leethium wrote:

I made a little go executable for me to subscribe to the NATS and put the data in my MongoDB database in order to extract some simple carleon / fort sterling market data but I think my work will be obsolete soon.

No. As much as possible I want to make sure I don't have any special kind of access to this data and that it is all fair game. I will be updating albion-market this weekend and it will subscribe to albion-data just like anyone else can. That way it gets the exact same data.

As far as the albion-data project is concerned no, just the NATS output.
    • I dont get it.

Why do we even need such things?

Who cares so much about the unreasonable prices of the auction house to installs client which gathers network traffic and packets? Who cares so much about monopoly money?

If I were Sandbox Interactive I would be altering packet headers and signatures on a daily basis scrambling network traffic not opening it up to potential hacks...

Virtual Items are not worth all this trouble. And the virtual prices attached to them are totally arbitrary...gee, all that for monopoly money...?!?

Players have always been unreasonable in valuing their effort in game and pricing their produce. Just play the game have fun, and dont take the game economy so seriously. I see people going crazy about the apparent value of some items. And it is ntoi even real, I mean most items are free to aquire in the game suffice it to hunt gather or craft them.

I do not get the obsession with market prices...and I am not paying 40-50-60 100 k for a mount either. I breed them myself and I distributed them to my guild mates for free.

I just dont get it... I guess I am too old school.
      ~ Duke Suraknar ~

Order of the Silver Star, OSS
      "Everyone dies, not everyone really fights!"
      ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997, OSS Atlantic Shard
    • zakaluka wrote:

Simply, some people enjoy the market game, this tool gives them more data to make better decisions.

It does not require further elaboration.

If you don't get it, you should probably not use it.
      Well..I dunno yet, I am not sure that playing the market is actually beneficial to the game all together.

While some of you maybe having fun knowing that Item A sells for that much in Forst Sterling and that much in another sixty and that you would have a 14.8% profit margin if you bought a bunch form one AH and brought it to another AH...

This has the effect of raising prices of the market and then players think it is too difficult to progress in the game because everything is so expensive and one has to grind so much to make money and one has to buy gold etc..and end up quitting the game instead discouraged.

And ya for sure I will never use such a tool that monitors the traffic off my PC ..lol
      ~ Duke Suraknar ~

• Duke Suraknar wrote:

zakaluka wrote:

Simply, some people enjoy the market game, this tool gives them more data to make better decisions.

Well..I dunno yet, I am not sure that playing the market is actually beneficial to the game all together.
      While some of you maybe having fun knowing that Item A sells for that much in Forst Sterling and that much in another sixty and that you would have a 14.8% profit margin if you bought a bunch form one AH and brought it to another AH...

This has the effect of raising prices of the market and then players think it is too difficult to progress in the game because everything is so expensive and one has to grind so much to make money and one has to buy gold etc..and end up quitting the game instead discouraged.

And ya for sure I will never use such a tool that monitors the traffic off my PC ..lol
      i think everyone has hobbies for different reasons. Someone who doesn't play video games might ask why a pvper spends hours leveling a character and studying dps numbers when it's just bits on a server somewhere...to each their own.
      Albion Tools and Database:

albiononline2d.com
    • Duke Suraknar wrote:

This has the effect of raising prices of the market
      Everything else you said is valid, but this isn't true.

If anything, once market data becomes easy to access, prices will just converge across all stations.

You're still thinking in terms of basic station trading. There are many more dimensions here. Let's say, a tool like this saves me from having to transcribe lots of numbers from my game into excel.

If you weren't already transcribing those numbers, this thing is mostly irrelevant for your gameplay.

The post was edited 2 times, last by zakaluka ().

• SocioPET wrote:

Downloaded the file and have it run while playing the game. Is there anything else I need to do to "help out"?
      Seems like it auto-uploads stuff so I guess nothing more is needed?
      Just restart it when you notice it has updated. Other then that keep it up while you play and your help will be greatly appreciated.
    • The new version of the Albion Data Client (0.0.11) now collects basic information on the map such as who owns the plots, what buildings are on them, etc.

The new NATS topic is "mapdata.deduped" and you can see the JSON structure here: github.com/Regner/albiondata-client/blob/0.0.11/lib/map.go

We have only been able to figure out a few of the parameters that are sent when the client asks for the map data. Specifically there are 30 parameters and you can see what we have figured out here: github.com/Regner/albiondata-c…t_cluster_map_info.go#L19

If anyone else goes looking at this operation response and figures out what the other parameters are please let us know. Or you know, if anyone from SBI feels like saving us the headache and just telling us, that would be great too! ;)
    • Oh, I should mention that when collection map information we specifically ignore all instances. So this means dungeons, personal islands, and guild islands. So we do NOT send off what your personal island has on it. This is the same for market information. That is not sent if it is from your personal island or guild island.
    • Strange wrote:

Duke Suraknar wrote:

zakaluka wrote:

Well..I dunno yet, I am not sure that playing the market is actually beneficial to the game all together.While some of you maybe having fun knowing that Item A sells for that much in Forst Sterling and that much in another sixty and that you would have a 14.8% profit margin if you bought a bunch form one AH and brought it to another AH...

i think everyone has hobbies for different reasons. Someone who doesn't play video games might ask why a pvper spends hours leveling a character and studying dps numbers when it's just bits on a server somewhere...to each their own.
      Don t get me wrong here. I am not discouraging anyone from playing the Trader game if that is what their fun is. If this is truly supposed to be a Sandbox game, like a true real society, then it should support a diverse player base with diverse goals and occupations within its virtual world. I think we are all in agreement there, and it is one of hallmarks which characterises a Sandbox game..I think.

zakaluka wrote:

Duke Suraknar wrote:

This has the effect of raising prices of the market
      Everything else you said is valid, but this isn't true.
      If anything, once market data becomes easy to access, prices will just converge across all stations.

You're still thinking in terms of basic station trading. There are many more dimensions here. Let's say, a tool like this saves me from having to transcribe lots of numbers from my game into excel.

If you weren't already transcribing those numbers, this thing is mostly irrelevant for your gameplay.
      However, the game is defining some stuff in the background and sometimes explicitly and it is also know that usually players overestimate the value of their efforts, and player behavior, maybe contrary to what some may maintain, is not extrinsic to the game design, it is actually encouraged by the game design and becomes an intrinsic part of it. If the game has too much grind, items are valued high, if the game provides easier accessibility then items are valued lower, just to give an example. and because of the perceived rarity of certain items which are considered thus luxuries.

The problems for a game';s economy start when the economy tries to dictate to players how to play and what they should be doing. In real economy trade is not forced upon societies. Trade is an emergent activity which people engage stimulated by surposs and abundance. You have to have surplus first beyond you own needs, and then you engage in trade of that commodity.

An economy is the social activities of Production, Distribution or Trade, and Consumption of goods, but it is based on abundance and surplus of those goods or base resources. Then you may potentially have the creation of markets as more trade happens market centres come in place and then as result of this you have fluctuating market prices based on offer and demand. But offer and demand do not define an economy they only define the prices of good in a market., A market ion its own doe snot constitute an economy either.

Games often make the mistake, because of false perceptions of many players maybe or even false perceptions of the game's designers not understanding basic human behaviour and economics from a historical standpoint, to base their economies on rarity instead of abundance. Trying to illicit certain behaviours to players.

"Oh If we make certain resources scares and rare, then people will engage in trade for them" and everyone will prosper. In reality this doe snot happen. What ends up happening more often than not, is that some players or groups of players take advantage of this rarity to establish themselves in the top tier of the endgame and maintain their position there preventing anyone else via the sheer monopoly control of the said rare resources.

Basic resources in the real world are actually available almost everywhere. It is the luxury resources that are rare. And this is where the game in a way makes a mistake because it has distributed resources in relation to the character progression but that character progression will be blocked for many people due to the current setup. Most people will simply quit and change game when that happens, instead of trying to wage war to get access to resources, and be stomped by those who already control and use them and sell them at very high prices, which again constitutes a roadblock for most people who will not buy gold to progress or grind for months to generate the silver to afford the prices.

The Money Sinks in the game are many too. You do an Expedition and you get 7k per day (including bonus) plus the drop change, and then go to repair and have 5-10k repairs to do or more. The only people who generate much money are the Crafters and gatherers at this point. People who do not like crafting and gathering...are already hitting a wall in terms of income. And gatherers and crafters are hitting the wall too at a certain tier because they dont have access to higher tier resources.

In my opinion...this economy does not have a long life in front of it.

As for the tool, if it makes your trading more convenient from having to maintain spread sheets etc that is good and a bonus, nothing against that. In fact, I am not directly questioning the tool itself (except that it sends my traffic to a stranger), I am questioning the need for sophistication about an economy that will not stand the test of time in its current form.

I am questioning the current state of the market prices such as these examples here:

Look at the prices yesterday in LymHurst Market of tier V foals.

And Look at what the price is at the NPC by our farms.

Do you see why I say people are not being reasonable? And why I \say in a game there needs to be a bit more care in relation to establishing base values for the players etc... form the Devs in these things to discourage such occurrence.

These market prices are indication of an Inflated Market. And Inflation is not a good sign...it signals i sick economical state..already... in one month after launch!

T^he game is not properly setup like areal world. In a real world Horses is a commodity available in the wilderness. Maybe today if you want to have a Horse you need to buy it. But in the medieval times and before, heck even as recently as the 19th Century, we still were getting horse s from the wild...for free!

Not frakking thousands and millions of Silver...so much for a Sandbox game....it is not...yet.

I hope with the coming "Joseph" update these things will be revised and adjusted, so that we can actually have a Good economy more real economy where tools such as this actually matter...

Cheers!
      ~ Duke Suraknar ~

• UnGarsQuiBricole wrote:

Duke, your example only shows that players are trying to abuse other players by exploiting their ignorance (the fact they don't know there is an npc, or that they wont take time to check)

Strange wrote:

Was able to add this data to the craft calculator:

albiononline2d.com/en/craftcalc
      Very nice and promising.
      J'espere que l'intention ici soit pour l'amelioration de la situation. Car helas le jeu est plein d'abrutis.

--

Well, if then your intention withthis otool are to combat the plague of Scammers..then wishing you all the best.

I just wanted to throw out some thoughts about the economy as it stands now.

Maybe in between your efforts and the enhancement of the UI in upcomming Updates the siutuation will change.

I shall make my leave form the thread.

Cheers!
      ~ Duke Suraknar ~

The post was edited 1 time, last by Duke Suraknar ().