Time to throw in the towel?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Time to throw in the towel?

At this point, dying in the black zone due to disconnects and lag is getting extremely old.

If this was a rare occurrence, it would be fine to just avoid doing anything risky when the servers are unstable, but the issue seems to be pretty consistent now.

I have two questions:

1. Why is Albion Online the ONLY online game that has been unable to resolve these issues after nearly a month?
      2. Why are these DDoSes, or whatever they are, continuing to target SBI even when their efforts appear mostly unsuccessful?

At this point, it's hard to have faith that these issues will ever be resolved. And while folks like me, who really love the game, tend to be fairly forgiving about temporary issues, the same cannot be said for all the friends and guildmates we play with. Losing more and more of those folks makes it tougher for the rest of us to soldier on, especially when the disconnects and lag issues are start to really try even our patience.

Can anyone offer any reasons that we should be hopeful for this persistent issue to be resolved in the near future?
    • Well considering most defenses against DDos attacks are simply reconfiguring your infrastructure and spreading the problem out (i.e.: spread the traffic across servers) versus up (i.e.: making one server handle more traffic), I doubt it will be easily fixed soon nor the faults of the developers.

Think about that for a second if you have any brains. The main counter to this by far is not to stop it completely, but to spread the problem out to a point where it goes from a big problem to a small problem. That's like me saying that I can't cure your cancer, but I can give you treatment that ensures you live with this cancer for a very long time, but you must live with the cancer.

So, take my advice as someone who works in IT and knows how hard it to reconfigure your entire infrastructure, stop crying and be patient. None of the developers want this to happen. The CEO does not like to lose money. They are dealing with it and im sure they will figure it out.
    • angrad schrieb:

Tic schrieb:

It's hardly the ONLY game that had these issues after the first month.
      right, shadowbane was plagued with issues, even months after everyone quit.
      UO was beyond horrible, and that included every time they so much as had a decent sized patch. SW:G was completely unplayable for days on end. I remember WoW stopping sales of the game for an extended time because to be honest, their servers were even worse than what I have experienced here.
    • Tic schrieb:

angrad schrieb:

Tic schrieb:

UO was beyond horrible, and that included every time they so much as had a decent sized patch. SW:G was completely unplayable for days on end. I remember WoW stopping sales of the game for an extended time because to be honest, their servers were even worse than what I have experienced here.

UO had no competition, and SW:G is in the same boat as shadowbane. I played WoW through Alpha and Beta and 2 months after release. I don't remember any of that.
    • angrad schrieb:

Tic schrieb:

angrad schrieb:

Tic schrieb:

UO had no competition, and SW:G is in the same boat as shadowbane. I played WoW through Alpha and Beta and 2 months after release. I don't remember any of that.
      You dont remember how bad the servers were in Wow at release? That's impressive.

Regardless. As I said, this isn't the only game with these issues.
    • Tic schrieb:

angrad schrieb:

Tic schrieb:

angrad schrieb:

Tic schrieb:

You dont remember how bad the servers were in Wow at release? That's impressive.
      Neither UO or WoW had problems that persisted with such severity for a whole month. Yes they had their problems from time to time but never did they remain at the same level for such a continuous period
    • Tic schrieb:

angrad schrieb:

Tic schrieb:

angrad schrieb:

Tic schrieb:

I dont remember them stopping sales... And it was no where near as bad as this. WoWs launch was closer to DAoC launch, which was flawless other than an aggro exploit that allowed some people to LvL extremely fast.
    • angrad schrieb:

Tic schrieb:

angrad schrieb:

Tic schrieb:

angrad schrieb:

Tic schrieb:

You dont remember how bad the servers were in Wow at release? That's impressive.Regardless. As I said, this isn't the only game with these issues.
      I dont remember them stopping sales... And it was no where near as bad as this. WoWs launch was closer to DAoC launch, which was flawless other than an aggro exploit that allowed some people to LvL extremely fast.
      dark age was actually a really good launch.

I'm telling you, wow was bad, real bad. They crushed all sales records of any game ever. Perhaps my memory is bad maybe they didn't stop sales, but there was none available for certain. Though I seem to remember them just stopping til they got their stuff together. I remember my buddies going to the local brick and mortar and the guy saying they were sold out, and blizzard wasn't making any more copies available til it got fixed, and it was much more than a month. I remember people on the forums when the game would be available again

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Tic ()

• Right, I don't see where they stopped sales. The difference between WoW and AO is WoW launched with millions players. AO launched with 50k-80k.

AO's problems are coding problems. The game is just coded poorly. They have already said the hardware isn't the issue. They then change core pieces of the code, and make things worse. Then they take the weekend off and say, "see you tomorrow. "

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von angrad ()

• angrad schrieb:

Right, I don't see where they stopped sales. The difference between WoW and AO is WoW launched with 10 million players. AO launched with 50k-80k.

AO's problems are coding problems. The game is just coded poorly. They have already said the hardware isn't the issue. They then change core pieces of the code, and make things worse. Then they take the weekend off and say, "see you tomorrow. "
      all right, I'll take back they stopped sales. They sold out and weren't making anymore, I am certain of that. But to say the launch was good or it didn't have problems even a month after launch is ridiculous.

It didn't launch with 10 million players, that's also ridiculous.

Every launch is "the worst launch Eva!!11'". Yep, til the next one, when everyone freaks out. They're all terrible.
    • Tic schrieb:

Aisar schrieb:

WoW was never this bad. My friends and I played WoW from open beta before launch for like 8 hrs a day every single day and I don't remember these kinds of issues. Not to mention the playerbase numbers are vastly different.
      tentonhammer.com/articles/reme…unch-of-world-of-warcraft
      Regardless of what the article says I am saying I didn't have major issues like this game has. To be fair it was 13 yrs ago so it's hard to remember.
      Holy Priest Healer - Rangers of Celidon

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Aisar ()

• Famiine schrieb:

Think about that for a second if you have any brains. The main counter to this by far is not to stop it completely, but to spread the problem out to a point where it goes from a big problem to a small problem. That's like me saying that I can't cure your cancer, but I can give you treatment that ensures you live with this cancer for a very long time, but you must live with the cancer.

So, take my advice as someone who works in IT and knows how hard it to reconfigure your entire infrastructure, stop crying and be patient. None of the developers want this to happen. The CEO does not like to lose money. They are dealing with it and im sure they will figure it out.

Oh will you please shut up. You know absolutely nothing. You would realize this if YOU had any brains.

I know a ton of people in the industry. They are all shocked and somewhat appalled that this has been going on for so long. Maybe there is something very unique about AO's infrastructure that make's it vulnerable to this, but this is a problem that nearly every other gaming company has been able to address. So stop spreading the fake news that DDoS attacks are a super hard problem that takes months to resolve, as you have no idea what you are talking about.

Bottom line here is that this has been going on too long and it needs to be resolved. Evidence points to the fact that there is no telling when or if they will be able to fix this issue. I'm looking for any reason I should remain hopeful. Telling me how hard it is to deal with or how much the devs wish things were better, doesn't help.
    • There is one parameter that is very hard to define, the population of the game in the next months.

We clearly experience bad connections and lag on week-end from friday to sunday, obviously the period where most of the players connect at the same time.

So it clearly means that if population drops, servers will run better, as we can see during the week where performance is decent.

With people returning from holidays, and marketing videos still displaying on youtube bringing more customers, that may not be the case.

So to upgrade servers or not to upgrade, that is the question, to the SBI point of view.