Lore - God(s), Holy and Nature

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lore - God(s), Holy and Nature

Hi,

I am hoping someone from SBI can help with a lore related question that would help roleplayers..

Zetecua wrote:

"Worst case is that you draw down the tribes. Well, truly worst case is that
    the druids come and they bring one of their giants with them."

We are trying to understand how Good vs Evil fits in the world of Albion; e.g. that some items mention Holy and others mention Nature.

There is definite mention of druids, both on the website lore section and in the book, but these infer that druids are native in nature and not of the colonists from the old world. In fact that fits with colonists coming from a continent devoid of magic.

At the same time, the website lore section makes definite mention of a Good vs Evil in the form of Merlin vs Morgana. There is also mention of the undead (in an "evil" manner) and "demons of hell".

It would seem ultimately then that the natives are druidic in nature, (there is evidence for this), and that some colonists may accept and adopt this, (not so much evidence for this).

But it is decidedly unclear of the King's people (and thereby players), of the old world and new world have any form of worship, and thereby unclear why items would be holy.

References:
    1. albiononline.com/en/lore/morgana
    2. Landfall - The Tales of Albion, Page 111

Kindest Wishes!
    Oi! Citizen!
    Looking for a Roleplay Guild? Seek out the Guardsmen!
  • Erika wrote:

I was just thinking this game needed its lore fleshed out. People need things to form opinions on and argue over in game, perhaps purge a few heretics.
    I remember once reading that the player could earn reputation with said undead or giant folk and gain access to certain quest chains and be ignored if they pass them by on way to location of choice. Too bad that turned into a lie in the end.
  • The-Avadon wrote:

Erika wrote:

I was just thinking this game needed its lore fleshed out. People need things to form opinions on and argue over in game, perhaps purge a few heretics.
    I remember once reading that the player could earn reputation with said undead or giant folk and gain access to certain quest chains and be ignored if they pass them by on way to location of choice. Too bad that turned into a lie in the end.
    wasnt a lie was a feature that was removed, it was reputation for certain gear that mainly was cosmetic dont really remember
  • Erika wrote:

That's the thing.. Heretics aren't actual heretics in the most popular meaning of the term, i.e. religious heretics. Instead they are the secondary meaning; rebels. And of this, the web page gives some good information.

It would be entirely possible for players to roleplay a band of heretics as per game lore; protesting against the king in cities, setting up road blocks and demanding their voice be heard, rioting, and of course, the occasional kidnap / killing to pursue their political agenda.

In regards to undead; I believe they are simply that. However you could roleplay, especially as a red guild, as a faction of the Disciples of Morgana. No need for reputation gains on NPCs to do so.

There are in game props to put down in the world to support these things too.

What is lacking however is an explanation as to the colonists view point. Are they druidic even though the old world did not have magic, are they monotheistic, polytheistic, or something else. The fact that we can craft Holy items infers there is a faith of some kind, but no explanation as to what it may be.

Even a barebones answer would give roleplayers something to work on.
    Oi! Citizen!
    Looking for a Roleplay Guild? Seek out the Guardsmen!