Stop Defending a half-built game.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Stop Defending a half-built game.

I propose a toast, to all those wankers who are defending Albion. The half-built MMO that everyone's actively playing (including myself) because they main PvP games and love full loot.

Not because they want to or think the game is amazing compared to others, because there's no other ACTIVE full loot PvP game out there.

Here's to you.

I welcome all the hate replies.

This thread is coming from somebody who puts money into this game, future money too. Although my point still stands. :thumbup:
      I just like having a laugh.

dontgetmadtho
    • PreacherFU schrieb:

I play the game knowing its half built game because i intend this to be my game for years to come an looking forward to when it`ll be 75% built, 90% built and eventually 500% built. Albion has great potential to develop and expand. Honestly name me any other MMO you can expect to still play in a year or two.
      Nobody said it doesn't have potential.

For all you know they could make this game pay to win in the next few updates, so you can't say you'll be here in years to come.

All over the forums there's idiots defending how this game works when it isn't even fully built.

It's still in beta.

I bet if I came back in a year the game would be a lot different. If not then it'd be a dead game anyway.

dontgetmadtho
    • PreacherFU schrieb:

I play the game knowing its half built game because i intend this to be my game for years to come an looking forward to when it`ll be 75% built, 90% built and eventually 500% built. Albion has great potential to develop and expand. Honestly name me any other MMO you can expect to still play in a year or two.
      The game has potential, yes, but it's managed piss-poorly without sugar-coating it.

I genuinely don't see albion surviving competition from Crowfall, Ashes of Creation and LIF:MMO over the next year if they keep going at this rate to be honest.
    • TellTales schrieb:

PreacherFU schrieb:

The game has potential, yes, but it's managed piss-poorly without sugar-coating it.
      I genuinely don't see albion surviving competition from Crowfall, Ashes of Creation and LIF:MMO over the next year if they keep going at this rate to be honest.
      I agree. Theres too many people I've met who have stated they are leaving as soon as Crowfall hits.

This game is fun but because of the playerbase it most likely will not last years to come.

Who knows though.
    • TellTales schrieb:

PreacherFU schrieb:

Can't speak to the last two game but Crowfall has already gone down the massive P2W cancer path so wouldn't count on that one.
    • KolKhara schrieb:

TellTales schrieb:

PreacherFU schrieb:

The game has potential, yes, but it's managed piss-poorly without sugar-coating it.I genuinely don't see albion surviving competition from Crowfall, Ashes of Creation and LIF:MMO over the next year if they keep going at this rate to be honest.
      Can't speak to the last two game but Crowfall has already gone down the massive P2W cancer path so wouldn't count on that one.
      Crowfall is by Travian Games - of course it is going to have a massive drive and focus on P2W, it's how the Travian empire has grown so much, they're not exactly a small company by any means. With that to one side though, they're on the right track and dare I say perhaps doing it better than SBI.

As for Ashes of Creation, there are many, many popular elements incorporated into the game that have generally appealed to the MMO market. They've had one of the most successful Kickstarters in history and are actually meeting their ambitious deadlines; but the content already produced and available alone is enough to highlight how seriously talented their entire team is.

LIF:MMO (Life is Feudal) will attract the hardcore full loot PvP gamer. So long as they stick to their guns throughout until release, they're going to capture a very specific audience.
    • TellTales schrieb:

KolKhara schrieb:

TellTales schrieb:

PreacherFU schrieb:

The game has potential, yes, but it's managed piss-poorly without sugar-coating it.I genuinely don't see albion surviving competition from Crowfall, Ashes of Creation and LIF:MMO over the next year if they keep going at this rate to be honest.
      Crowfall is by Travian Games - of course it is going to have a massive drive and focus on P2W, it's how the Travian empire has grown so much, they're not exactly a small company by any means. With that to one side though, they're on the right track and dare I say perhaps doing it better than SBI.
      As for Ashes of Creation, there are many, many popular elements incorporated into the game that have generally appealed to the MMO market. They've had one of the most successful Kickstarters in history and are actually meeting their ambitious deadlines; but the content already produced and available alone is enough to highlight how seriously talented their entire team is.

LIF:MMO (Life is Feudal) will attract the hardcore full loot PvP gamer. So long as they stick to their guns throughout until release, they're going to capture a very specific audience.
      Cool ill keep them in mind, for me the game that i hope isnt vaporware and see the light of day is Mordhau
    • TellTales schrieb:

Talented at swindling money from desperate people, anyway. But that's par for the course when your CEO was formerly a multi-level marketing conman.
    • TellTales schrieb:

PreacherFU schrieb:

LIF MMO will be as bad as the game, if not worse.
      Crowfall and Ashes of Creation both look ambitious but ultimately will be poorly executed.
      Archeage already beat them to it.
      I don't play MMO's much, but I've played enough to know all 3 of those you mention aren't worth... well mentioning.
    • MoistGoat schrieb:

TellTales schrieb:

PreacherFU schrieb:

Crowfall and Ashes of Creation both look ambitious but ultimately will be poorly executed.
      I don't play MMO's much, but I've played enough to know all 3 of those you mention aren't worth... well mentioning.
      yo i miss archeage. that game was a freaking shitshow how trion handled it. but one must hope, you know? i'm not even convinced of any of these games yet, and i'll be really sad if albion fails
    • Jukfular schrieb:

TellTales schrieb:

Talented at swindling money from desperate people, anyway. But that's par for the course when your CEO was formerly a multi-level marketing conman.
      I wouldn't be as harsh as to say conman lol.
    • MoistGoat schrieb:

TellTales schrieb:

PreacherFU schrieb:

LIF could possibly be, yes, their devs don't exactly have the best track record of sticking to a project before moving onto the next, but nevertheless I'm sure it will capture a specific audience.

Crowfall is essentially albion but with far more content promised. It's owned by Travian Games, so expect a lot of P2W and micro-transactions, but ultimately they will have the capital to really compete against albion and if the SBI team fuck up this much so far, I dread to think of how they will manage when faced with direct competition.

I still think aoc is the most promising out of the lot though, by a long shot.
    • blazemonger schrieb:

Nulfar schrieb:

Not because they want to or think the game is amazing compared to others, because there's no other ACTIVE full loot PvP game out there.
      Apparently never heard of EVE Online.. Been around for a few years you know.. And frankly, the similarities between EVE and AO are plentiful.

Personally, my money (literally) is on Dual Universe ..
      EVE online whilst may have similarities is a completely different game from Albion. What the fuck.

Torkaz schrieb:

I'm enjoying the game, would be nice if you weren't such a hater/bitch and just enjoyed it also.
      I'm not enjoying the game, would be nice if you weren't such a kiss ass and just hated it too.

Games bad right now, i've just invested money back into WoW, not that anybody cares... I just feel like stating that SBI has lost funding that could have went into their pocket instead.

This is just one of many, I know. Although I doubt i'm the only one heading this way.

:)

dontgetmadtho
    • Nulfar schrieb:

Torkaz schrieb:

I'm enjoying the game, would be nice if you weren't such a hater/bitch and just enjoyed it also.
      I'm not enjoying the game, would be nice if you weren't such a kiss ass and just hated it too.
      Try do what my referred friends told me to do. "Just accept that you wasted money on a bad product and move on". While I've had a hard time complying with their advice, I believe it to be good advice, none the less.