Excessive Learning Points Removed

• How does a misstake like this happen?

It's as if the algorithm checked players to see if they sould get extenden premium and then there was some category of charcters not covered in the nested if-three that followed. Those not covered probably didn't get 14 days extension, but they got 14 days LP, then they didn' get 7 days extension, but they did get 7 days LP. Thats 21 days LP = 420. A new char would therefor get 600 LP instantly when buying premium if they were effected by the bug.

Now to what I find strange.. was it intenden that someone with some specific circumstance should get extra LP during premium extension? No, not if what they informed us was correct. Why then wasn't this simply inactivated for all possible scenarios in the algorithm that extended the premium time?

I am no expert at programming. It's a hobby and I'm mediocre at best, but even I know how to do these things.
  • Morigar schrieb:

How does a misstake like this happen?

It's as if the algorithm checked players to see if they sould get extenden premium and then there was some category of charcters not covered in the nested if-three that followed. Those not covered probably didn't get 14 days extension, but they got 14 days LP, then they didn' get 7 days extension, but they did get 7 days LP. Thats 21 days LP = 420. A new char would therefor get 600 LP instantly when buying premium if they were effected by the bug.

Now to what I find strange.. was it intenden that someone with some specific circumstance should get extra LP during premium extension? No, not if what they informed us was correct. Why then wasn't this simply inactivated for all possible scenarios in the algorithm that extended the premium time?

I am no expert at programming. It's a hobby and I'm mediocre at best, but even I know how to do these things.
    Yea man just let us know when your game comes out
  • Gank schrieb:

Morigar schrieb:

Game?! Haha, I've been doing optimizations with artificial neural networks that learns via genetic algorithms for the past 10 years. I can't spare any time to fiddle with game programming. The only game related stuff I've been doing is limited to reverse engineering Diablo 3 and programming bots and tools for Lineage 2, Dreamlords, Diablo 3 and Tera.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Morigar ()

• Morigar schrieb:

Gank schrieb:

Morigar schrieb:

Game?! Haha, I've been doing optimizations with artificial neural networks that learns via genetic algorithms for the past 10 years. I can't spare any time to fiddle with game programming.

So keep tips about how to game program for yourself
  • ryandro schrieb:

Morigar schrieb:

Gank schrieb:

Morigar schrieb:

Game?! Haha, I've been doing optimizations with artificial neural networks that learns via genetic algorithms for the past 10 years. I can't spare any time to fiddle with game programming.
    Uppdated my answer, but you missed it. Even though one does not program games it does not mean they have no knowledge of how games are programmed, right? It's not automaticly mutualy exclusive.
  • Morigar schrieb:

ryandro schrieb:

Morigar schrieb:

Gank schrieb:

Morigar schrieb:

Uppdated my answer, but you missed it. Even though one does not program games it does not mean they have no knowledge of how games are programmed, right? It's not automaticly mutualy exclusive.
    Yes it is, creating a platform for a singular user to use a tool/bot on a game does not give you any insight in creating a platform for thousands.