The reason why 3 Second demount rule is not enough

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Captainrussia schrieb:

Lol reading your replies and the attitude...

Im done with this.

Mount will always be faster and will catch you if you are on foot... because 100 > 0.
      Am i disagreeing with this?

You will always die to a zerg if you are a bad player (and take a t3 horse into BZ).
      No, you won't always die

You will always die if you get bad luck (ooopps?), like if the enemy gets you far from portal/zone. Or if u get downed and a player is nearby and executes you. Or someone rings ur door bell and u afk for 2 min in BZ and come back to a dead corpse...
      Just because your far from portal/zone doesn't mean it's right that the game built a mount system which gets you killed 100% of the time due to mounts being faster then people on foot.

You will always die if you dont understand that bloodletter + wanderlust and CD reduction will still catch you with your hammer dashes-windwall-salty-salt! (U can walk "thru" windwall with some skills)
      You can see in the video they were off screen till i turned to the right

You will always die if you do not adapt and listen to what the people are suggesting to you in this thread.
      Listen to people who never got out of the situation or experienced the situation in the video, sorry but i won't if you havn't experienced it then you probably don't have anything to tell me that i don't already know.

Finally you will always die if you're bad - and you will double-die if you're stubborn on top of that.
      Good one
      WoW is that way ---> I heard its 100% balanced and everyone is holding hands...
      SBI is holding zergs hands making it easy to catch people on foot with mounts, there should be a penalty that doesn't get the victim cc'ed so quick.

PS. Can I have ur stuff?
      I replied with the bold sentences i wrote in your quote.
      MY YT Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeW6DKhEZtkQeHC-qxgcBdg
    • SevenLights schrieb:

A way to improve this situation would be:
      » When a player is dismounted by taking damage from more than one player, his abilities become immediately available (we could also argue some temporary cc immunity).

However, mounts would still be an issue. One way to alleviate it might be:
      » When a player mounts up after attacking another player (within 10 seconds), he cannot attack for 30 seconds (note: being dismounted by attacks cancels this debuff)

Tempei schrieb:

The problem with being able to use spells after getting dismounted is people will want to get dismounted intentionally for example if im in a 1 v 1 duel i would try to "run away" but my real goal is to make the guy burst all of his high cooldowns so when he dismounts me i have a head start on his actual hp.

Your second suggestion is probably the best one since you would have to do serious amount of damage with your movement abilities like dash to accidentally dismount a chaser giving him abilities to use.

I am well-aware of the "baiting with your mount technique"... ^^

This is why I underlined "from more than one player" in my first suggestion. So:
      » If you get dismounted while taking damage from more than one player, your abilities are immediately available
      » If the damage comes from only one source, they are not

Tempei schrieb:

but isn't it carebear that the game allows you to 100% kill secure someone if you have a mount and a zerg behind you that it takes no skill to kill someone?

In my opinion, prevention, skill, experience and good decisions should always be factors in the outcome of a PvP encounter, for all sides involved.

If someone wishes to repeatedly "win" such encounters by risking nothing, then yes, I would agree they are the carebears, and, in fact, true losers. You can easily identify them in the Forums too, btw: they make a lot of noise, they throw cheap insults, they try to deliver the idea that they are better and know better because you suck, they try to force you to learn their "superior way" of doing things, they keep missing the point to create more noise... so on and so forth. :)

Btw, I consider your build to be top notch in terms of evasion. This makes your video especially meaningful, because it illustrates how problematic the current mount/dismount mechanics still is... for all those who are available to see it, ofc. ;)
    • SevenLights schrieb:

You can easily identify them in the Forums too, btw: they make a lot of noise, they throw cheap insults, they try to deliver the idea that they are better and know better because you suck, they try to force you to learn their "superior way" of doing things, they keep missing the point to create more noise... so on and so forth. :)
      So true on that point.

deviljim schrieb:

You saw a bunch of players demounted, and tried to run by them. Ofcourse you're going to die, this video just shows you played bad and payed for it. Next time you see a demounted group just do a 180 and you will be fine.
      MY YT Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeW6DKhEZtkQeHC-qxgcBdg
    • for me the 3s are ok for pvp. But is pretty meh if you are farming to have low tiers ressources.

'im on my mount i see a mob wandering, i want to kill it to dismember him, but i have to wait to deal damage (wand user so not great AA) and the 3s in this situation broke totally the fluidity of the game.

But For ganking, it allow solo to be able to runaway when you make full use of map + skills, and make less Brainless the art of ganking (before u were running mount up to catch and that was insta kill, now you have to plan your attack and make the situation less YOLO)
    • So after reading all this i have come to one true conclusion and that is for the op to go back to school and learn math because buddy you dont know how cooldowns work at all
      dagger w dash with cooldown food is actually 8.3 and lower if they use the off hand mist caller his dash is close to a 7/8 second cooldown his e is also down to a 15/16 your shit useage of windwall fucked you

but seeing as how this is about to turn into a this isnt what this thread is about response i just want to let it be known that the op is delusional and doesnt actually know how to take criticism or advice so at this point just laugh at his failed comments about how its not the horse and how he cant somehow channel 2 seconds to mount vs a person on a horse who cant attack for 3

also fun fact op when you dash you can queue up your mounting skill to mount even quicker but hey what do i know i only have 2.1m kill fame im not worth listening to i dont know what the hell im talking about in this game clearly from ops perspective
    • I think I start to understand the OP now, the question is if he should be able to be cut of by a mounted player.

I actually thing the mounted player should not be able - the reason it works is purely because the time to mount up and the time his enemy can not attack him after demount are not balanced yet.

I am not refering to the zerg behind him, if people are on food they are on equal terms and escape depends who had the best gear for the purpose - escape or fight.Sadly the fastest boots don't have a drawback.

Think about Eve - if somebody disrupts you from warping(mounting) and are fast enough to follow you, to prevent you from leaving disruption range, you still have the chance they run out of enery to disrupt you. THIS chance is actually missing in Albion.So my opinion - to have it balanced, a lot of things would have to be looked at - e.g. higher energy for boot activation, mounttimes, CD of dashes/BL

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Skitted ()

• skillazor schrieb:

Tempei schrieb:

So let's discuss possible changes to Horse mechanics that makes it so when you escape a zerg on foot you shouldn't have to worry about people mounting up to cut you off.
      LOL, they risk their items to catch you on foot and you blame them???????????what a idiot !
      find another game noob pls...
      Hey, why do you post the sentence where he references the horse/mounting issue and lol about something completely different ?

Being able to cut somebody of on a mount if your victim already possibly evaded your footsoldiers is the issue - everybody accepted the fact that players on foot can catch somebody else on foot.
    • This entire thread shows how fucking dumb this community really is.

Shit communities = shit games in the end.

This guy is making a serious thread and all the replies are about calling him an idiot.

Get to fuck.

Point of the video is that he'd of gotten away on foot if one guy didn't mount up and gone ahead of him.

He couldn't have mounted up because he'd of gotten attacked, whereas the group of gankers can freely mount up and get an advantage.

This means if it's a chase scene, the person with the bigger group has the mounting opportunity to get ahead of the people they're chasing.

It's unfair, definitely. No matter how many times somebody defends it the game needs a lot of changes.

You get the fuckers that upvote ganking, you get the fuckers that tell you to fuck off if you're a solo roamer, you also get the fuckers that tell you Albion is a pure PvP game although you can't progress at all without PvE in this game. You get the fuckers that say if you don't play in a guild you may as well not play at all.

These are the cunts that make the community shit and to be quite honest with you, i'm not alone by saying this either; If Albion wasn't practically the only ACTIVE full loot MMO right now i'd be searching elsewhere.

There is definitely nothing special about this game (yet). It needs a lot of updates and content added, PvP & PvE both.

Can't wait for the stupid replies from the toxic community that defends a half-built game.

Ass lickers.
      I just like having a laugh.

dontgetmadtho

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Nulfar ()

• the group of gankers got the advantage because he was running a t3 horse and following the path in a black zone. thats 2 red flags there for people that arent absolutely stupid. the 3 second rule seems about fair so far. just don't be a cheap ass and get into black zones with a t3 horse expecting to outrun anyone? armored horse anyone? you can cry all you want for more nerfs to ganking but that will only kill the sandbox. ive died once to a gank on my gatherer and thats because i was stupid that one time. play smart, dont die.
    • Nulfar schrieb:

This entire thread shows how fucking dumb this community really is.

Shit communities = shit games in the end.

This guy is making a serious thread and all the replies are about calling him an idiot.

Get to fuck.

Point of the video is that he'd of gotten away on foot if one guy didn't mount up and gone ahead of him.

He couldn't have mounted up because he'd of gotten attacked, whereas the group of gankers can freely mount up and get an advantage.

This means if it's a chase scene, the person with the bigger group has the mounting opportunity to get ahead of the people they're chasing.

It's unfair, definitely. No matter how many times somebody defends it the game needs a lot of changes.

You get the fuckers that upvote ganking, you get the fuckers that tell you to fuck off if you're a solo roamer, you also get the fuckers that tell you Albion is a pure PvP game although you can't progress at all without PvE in this game.

These are the cunts that make the community shit and to be quite honest with you, i'm not alone by saying this either; If Albion wasn't practically the only ACTIVE full loot MMO right now i'd be searching elsewhere.

There is definitely nothing special about this game (yet). It needs a lot of updates and content added, PvP & PvE both.

Can't wait for the stupid replies from the toxic community that defends a half-built game.

Ass lickers.
      we are great community with great game.
      we love You my friend :* :* :*
    • Skitted schrieb:

Think about Eve - if somebody disrupts you from warping(mounting) and are fast enough to follow you, to prevent you from leaving scramble range, you still have the chance they run out of enery to disrupt you
      if 10 ships follow you, what chance for you to escape in EVE? All 10 runs out of energy?
      you can excape from few players, but I dont see logics why gods hand must help you outrun 10 players over all map. If you thought it's only few ppl I will escape easy and dont turn that moment and after 3 sec your eyes gets big, that means you are in deep sh*t