[21.08.2017] Test Server Patch Notes (Launch Patch #4)

• This game will never make it out of beta.

All those people that always said this is beta give them time.... LOL

Its been trial and error and it will stay trial an error.

Lets see how many people they will alianate this time :)

The grind is real and its no fun. Hardest part in any dungeon in this game is staying awake.

Please if you have to make us grind again because this time you think you really got the balance down, could you make pve any more fun?

How come this balance anouncemant reminds me of the last big balance patch :)
    • Toastbr0t schrieb:

Gwandir schrieb:

Devs have already warn not to roll for the meta cause of the natural likelihood of items beeing nerfed. Yet ppl reroll and now cry after been able to shine in pvp for a few weeks.

Now you want special treatment hah this generation.. You will just have to spend countless hours like the rest of the top GvG teams who decided they wanted the Op builds for their lineups. Suck it up or quit and let a new group take the A team position.
      you do know theres a reason the metagame exists?"yo just level up everything at the same time and be useful in 2 years"

good design
      And you do realize the meta of games is constantly shifting?

For the record, re-leveling a weapon line doesn't take as long as you think... There's multiple people who have multiple chars with weapon lines at 100... Alllll those guilds that have the same 5 man gvg team? They all have like 3-4 characters that they've leveled their weapon line repeatedly with.

Stop crying. Play the game. Meta's change. Who the fuck wants to play a game where ONLY the same weapons are ALWAYS meta and leaves anything else behind. That's the real ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz.

If a meta changes, adapt to it, learn it, don't be a braindead WoW player that let's his macro's do all the work for him. God forbid you use your brain and have to learn and adapt to something new.
      PVP/Info Video's: Youtube

Occasionally Live: Twitch
    • Zavage schrieb:

Toastbr0t schrieb:

Gwandir schrieb:

Devs have already warn not to roll for the meta cause of the natural likelihood of items beeing nerfed. Yet ppl reroll and now cry after been able to shine in pvp for a few weeks.

Now you want special treatment hah this generation.. You will just have to spend countless hours like the rest of the top GvG teams who decided they wanted the Op builds for their lineups. Suck it up or quit and let a new group take the A team position.
      you do know theres a reason the metagame exists?"yo just level up everything at the same time and be useful in 2 years"
      good design
      For the record, re-leveling a weapon line doesn't take as long as you think... There's multiple people who have multiple chars with weapon lines at 100... Alllll those guilds that have the same 5 man gvg team? They all have like 3-4 characters that they've leveled their weapon line repeatedly with.

Stop crying. Play the game. Meta's change. Who the fuck wants to play a game where ONLY the same weapons are ALWAYS meta and leaves anything else behind. That's the real ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz.

If a meta changes, adapt to it, learn it, don't be a braindead WoW player that let's his macro's do all the work for him. God forbid you use your brain and have to learn and adapt to something new.
      yes im aware of that but having to invest 10's of hours just to adapt to the meta just isnt very 2017 anymore
    • Xenantaya schrieb:

"Reduced Fame payout for Trophy journals; previously they were effectively the fastest way to level your laborer, which is silly and would lead to a huge surplus of trophies."

I, and I'm guessing others, use Trophy journals in particular to level crafting laborers. If you're going to make this change, can you please change crafting journals to match gathering journals, i.e., so that fame from items of the same level or up to two levels higher counts toward the journal? Making T2 and T3 items to fill journals is a giant waste of time.
      This continues to be my favorite part of the patch. I still have to use fame journals to get my crafting laborers up to at least T5. (If there's a reasonable alternative, please let me know.) Before it took only a couple of journals, resulting in only a few surplus trophies. Now it takes a lot of journals, resulting in a "huge surplus of trophies." This change lead to precisely what you claimed your were trying to avoid.

Once again, I respectfully request that you at least consider changing crafting journals so that they operate the same as gathering journals and can be filled by with fame from crafting items up to two tiers higher than the level of the journal.
    • Xenantaya schrieb:

Xenantaya schrieb:

"Reduced Fame payout for Trophy journals; previously they were effectively the fastest way to level your laborer, which is silly and would lead to a huge surplus of trophies."

I, and I'm guessing others, use Trophy journals in particular to level crafting laborers. If you're going to make this change, can you please change crafting journals to match gathering journals, i.e., so that fame from items of the same level or up to two levels higher counts toward the journal? Making T2 and T3 items to fill journals is a giant waste of time.
      This continues to be my favorite part of the patch. I still have to use fame journals to get my crafting laborers up to at least T5. (If there's a reasonable alternative, please let me know.) Before it took only a couple of journals, resulting in only a few surplus trophies. Now it takes a lot of journals, resulting in a "huge surplus of trophies." This change lead to precisely what you claimed your were trying to avoid.
      Once again, I respectfully request that you at least consider changing crafting journals so that they operate the same as gathering journals and can be filled by with fame from crafting items up to two tiers higher than the level of the journal.
      I think it was supposed to affect mercenaries essentially. and they are hugely more used than crafters.
      Usually, it's not good to think our particular cases are true on a general scale.

And I agree 100% with your proposal.
    • Good update! Please be more granular in your patch notes. The trophy journal experience on return was nerfed but you did really expand on that so now I need to spend the time to test it myself. I would prefer if you said something like (reduced it by 50% to make it the same experience as doing regular journals) or something along those lines.
      IGN: Cri - ☠Team Vindictive☠ - Discord
    • Zavage schrieb:

Toastbr0t schrieb:

Gwandir schrieb:

good design

And those extra characters require spending more money or gold, changes should be done delicately enough that things are still viable and not take a character from top tier to bottom tier, which is what people fear happening with as harsh as some nerfs are looking. You should never be forced to reroll after a nerf, not with the way LP is designed.
    • Creigh schrieb:

Good update! Please be more granular in your patch notes. The trophy journal experience on return was nerfed but you did really expand on that so now I need to spend the time to test it myself. I would prefer if you said something like (reduced it by 50% to make it the same experience as doing regular journals) or something along those lines.
      Fair criticism :)

(They should be exactly in line with the normal journals now, IIRC.)
    • Monochrome schrieb:

Creigh schrieb:

Good update! Please be more granular in your patch notes. The trophy journal experience on return was nerfed but you did really expand on that so now I need to spend the time to test it myself. I would prefer if you said something like (reduced it by 50% to make it the same experience as doing regular journals) or something along those lines.
      Fair criticism :)
      (They should be exactly in line with the normal journals now, IIRC.)

I conducted tests on my T2 Mercenaries:

T2 Generalist trophy Journal - 76-77 Experience
      T2 Mercenary Journal - ~280 Experience
      T2 Mercenary Trophy Journal - ~280 Experience

It looks as though they are now on par with journals for other Laborers but are now useless for Mercenaries. Was this an intended result? Also fame required to fill does not correlate with experience gained.

Edit - I would love it if my Guild members had an alternative journal they could fill for our Mercenaries without combat that was on par with the other Merc Journals. Maybe the Mercenary trophy journal could be changed to be filled with any fame which would solve this issue.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Creigh ()

• Creigh schrieb:

Monochrome schrieb:

Creigh schrieb:

Fair criticism :) (They should be exactly in line with the normal journals now, IIRC.)

It looks as though they are now on par with journals for other Laborers but are now useless for Mercenaries. Was this an intended result? Also fame required to fill does not correlate with experience gained.

Edit - I would love it if my Guild members had an alternative journal they could fill for our Mercenaries without combat that was on par with the other Merc Journals. Maybe the Mercenary trophy journal could be changed to be filled with any fame which would solve this issue.
      Yeah, there's a disparity between PvE and gather/craft Fame that manifests there, among other places. And no, we're not likely to add a non-combat way of filling journals for combat laborers any time soon.
    • Monochrome schrieb:

Creigh schrieb:

Monochrome schrieb:

Creigh schrieb:

Fair criticism :) (They should be exactly in line with the normal journals now, IIRC.)

Yeah, there's a disparity between PvE and gather/craft Fame that manifests there, among other places. And no, we're not likely to add a non-combat way of filling journals for combat laborers any time soon.

Alright. Well cheers for the reply.
    • angrad schrieb:

Just some quick criticism about the way tests are handled.

@Retroman if you are only inviting big guilds to do 5v5s who is testing the changes to daggers? Also ,why are you so focused on testing such a narrow aspect of a sandbox game, and only using that feedback as a means of balancing?
      Yeah, I suspect there is some serious conflict of interests going on in these tests. High ranking gvg teams are not about to hamstring themselves by honestly critiquing their own builds :/