PvP expeditions

• PvP expeditions

This game has a good thing going with expeditions where you can just hop in and do some quick PvE and it is not taking away form the open world element as the rewards are limited. However it sorely lacks something similar for PvP and since the combat is MOBA based it is surprising to me that there is no PvP expeditions as PvP matches is what makes MOBAs fun.

So why can't we have some PvP expeditions for limited rewards?
  • Snorri wrote:

This is just arena combat, which is essentially already what the yellow hellgates are.

I vote no, simply because this mechanic, more or less, already exists.
    Hellgates requires you to get together a team and go out and find hellgates. Not exactly something to be picked up if you are short on time.

As for making it so people don't do open world PvP. Well that is proven wrong by the fact that existing PvE expeditions does not make it so people don't do open world PvE.
  • Mardonius wrote:

Snorri wrote:

This is just arena combat, which is essentially already what the yellow hellgates are.

I vote no, simply because this mechanic, more or less, already exists.
    Hellgates requires you to get together a team and go out and find hellgates. Not exactly something to be picked up if you are short on time.
    As for making it so people don't do open world PvP. Well that is proven wrong by the fact that existing PvE expeditions does not make it so people don't do open world PvE.
    Actually.....there is a balance of mobs, fame, and silver in the game. Before expeditions portals were at the end of dungeons. There were also MANY more dungeons. When expeditions were installed they removed mobs, silver, and fame from dungeons, the open world and dungeon portals. So you see expeditions actually removed a crapload of contend from the open world. Which is why they are cancer.
  • Snorri wrote:

Raithe wrote:

So you see expeditions actually removed a crapload of contend from the open world. Which is why they are cancer.
    expeditions are a symptom not the cause.
    the expeditions didnt remove those things, the game designers did. Could have left all that open world stuff in place AND had expeditions....
    Basically this.

They made the map 50% smaller. Removed tons of dungeons. Removed tons of content. Realized what they did and added instanced expeditions to compensate for that blunder. Its sad to see 100+ people stand around the red city expedition portal. But in reality, where else would they go? The developers made a huge error.

Without expeditions in this game your pve options are very minimal. There just isnt a lot to this game at the moment. Its sad they think this is good. As I said before, if you think this game is good, or in a good spot you have set the bar very low. Ankles low.
    The True Victor.

Make Albion Great Again!
  • Blunting wrote:

Hey man,

I also want PVP expeditions. I am grinding PVE expeditions all day long.
    Killing real players instead of NPC's would be so much better.

GG
    go and do yellow hellgates, thats what they are. Or do red ones if you like more risk. These are basically pvp arenas and you are pretty much guaranteed a fight...and if not you get rich while waiting, its win win
  • Snorri wrote:

Blunting wrote:

Hey man,

I also want PVP expeditions. I am grinding PVE expeditions all day long.
    Killing real players instead of NPC's would be so much better.

GG
    go and do yellow hellgates, thats what they are. Or do red ones if you like more risk. These are basically pvp arenas and you are pretty much guaranteed a fight...and if not you get rich while waiting, its win win
    Hey dude, you don't understand what I mean. Instead of "PVE" expeditions, I want "PVP" expeditions. Same system. You queue and then grind some fame, but you won't be killing npcs this time.

Hellgates are a totally different ballgame. It requires you to find a group, premade preferably, everybody on discord with headsets on.
    And oh yeah, you can lose all your gear. It's way too stressing for me as a casual, also it take a lot more time and effort to assemble a good group.

My focus is an alternative grind version of the current PVE expeditions we have. Not as an alternative for hellgates, thats a different ballgame.
  • you dont understand what a hellgate is. yellow hgs have people looking for random members all day long. in addition there is no gear loss in yellow hg. and if you are casual it is the best fame and silver income you can get in game with no risk and little time required to find a group. This is a pvp expedition with some pve thrown in as a distraction for after you farm the other players.
  • Unit wrote:

Because then people will stop going into the open world for PvP. I vote this as a bad idea.

Stop thinking so narrow-minded, more variety brings more balance and fun.

Currently we just face pseudo-PvP, stupid non-skill mass-PvP.
    Ok, apart from GvG or HG. But we need a way to enjoy as a solo player! Focused on structured PvP! Arena / BG.
    A matchmaking System, some rewards (fame, silver, league points...), a join a group-browser (more content like expeditions)
    and more PvE-Content. So far this game is a boring loop. And stop forcing people to play in a guild! The idea of HG is reserved for guilds.
    5 Years but no creative content. No Variety. This game has potential - just use it.