Kicked for no reason and the Dev's don't care

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Aisar schrieb:

Snorri schrieb:

Aisar schrieb:

I don't see any problem with kicking someone who is afk or wasting the groups time. If the rest of the group votes and agrees then you have been removed by the team, deal with it. Don't waste people's time in an exped, no one appreciates that. If I am on an exped grind (which the majority of my fame and playtime has been) then I am there to knock them out asap and get to the next one. If you're not there for the same and the group is annoyed with your behavior then there's a decent chance they're going to boot you and get someone else in.

Bottom line and point is if someone starts a vote and the group agrees then you have been removed by your team and they don't want you there. Think about what you did that caused the group to out you and do better next time.
      again, you keep missing the point. Its not that people can kick you, sure, go ahead kick anyone you like, but don't apply a 15 minute penalty to that person because you didnt want them in your group for whatever reason. If they are a serial afk'er or trying to abuse the system they will simply be continually kicked, applying a 15 minute penalty only penalises those who actually did nothing to deserve penalty.
      If there's no penalty other than the actual removal from the group then what's going to make bad players think twice about what they are doing?
      who makes you the arbiter of deciding whos a good or bad player? Whats to stop assholes just using the system to kick people they dont like and slow them down, or from an alliance they dont like, and slow them down? the penalty is already missing out on the end boss and end bonus which is over 50% of the income you get from an expedition, and a big chunk of the fame. Depending on where you get kicked during the instance, maybe you already miss out on all of it and have to already wait in a queue for a few minutes depending on your build. Like there are already inherent wait times and penalties, so why apply an arbitrary one that can be abused?
    • Better schrieb:

I was kicked from an expedition for using 2 hand hammers instead of hammer and shield. They need to get rid of that shit 15min penalty for being kicked. Most of the time the people who are doing the kicking don't even speak english or let alone type in chat. They almost all the time do it for no reason.
      and this is a perfect example of why the penalty needs to be removed. 2 hand hammers are a perfectly fine tanking option and in some cases tank better than hammer and shield if the cooldowns are used properly.
    • Snorri schrieb:

Aisar schrieb:

Snorri schrieb:

Aisar schrieb:

I don't see any problem with kicking someone who is afk or wasting the groups time. If the rest of the group votes and agrees then you have been removed by the team, deal with it. Don't waste people's time in an exped, no one appreciates that. If I am on an exped grind (which the majority of my fame and playtime has been) then I am there to knock them out asap and get to the next one. If you're not there for the same and the group is annoyed with your behavior then there's a decent chance they're going to boot you and get someone else in.

Bottom line and point is if someone starts a vote and the group agrees then you have been removed by your team and they don't want you there. Think about what you did that caused the group to out you and do better next time.
      again, you keep missing the point. Its not that people can kick you, sure, go ahead kick anyone you like, but don't apply a 15 minute penalty to that person because you didnt want them in your group for whatever reason. If they are a serial afk'er or trying to abuse the system they will simply be continually kicked, applying a 15 minute penalty only penalises those who actually did nothing to deserve penalty.
      If there's no penalty other than the actual removal from the group then what's going to make bad players think twice about what they are doing?
      who makes you the arbiter of deciding whos a good or bad player? Whats to stop assholes just using the system to kick people they dont like and slow them down, or from an alliance they dont like, and slow them down? the penalty is already missing out on the end boss and end bonus which is over 50% of the income you get from an expedition, and a big chunk of the fame. Depending on where you get kicked during the instance, maybe you already miss out on all of it and have to already wait in a queue for a few minutes depending on your build. Like there are already inherent wait times and penalties, so why apply an arbitrary one that can be abused?
      I don't decide, the group does, that's the point and why the system works. If a group doesn't want you there for some reason then you might get booted. The whole slowing down, afking or wasting a group's time argument has been discussed. If you don't like the way pugs/randoms operate then only do them with your friends, problem solved, play poorly and afk to your heart's content.
      Holy Priest Healer - Rangers of Celidon
    • Aisar schrieb:

I don't decide, the group does, that's the point and why the system works. If a group doesn't want you there for some reason then you might get booted. The whole slowing down, afking or wasting a group's time argument has been discussed. If you don't like the way pugs/randoms operate then only do them with your friends, problem solved, play poorly and afk to your heart's content.
      So at the consensus of 4 people (sometimes less) who may or may not be in collusion, a penalty should be arbitrarily applied?

Thank god people like you get filtered out of juries.

As I said, and you keep ignoring, the penalty has already been applied. You were forced out of the group, you didnt get to finish the instance, you must wait in queue for next pop, and you miss out on end bonus and end boss loot/fame. Already, you are punishing the player by the simple act of removing them.
    • Snorri schrieb:

Aisar schrieb:

So at the consensus of 4 people (sometimes less) who may or may not be in collusion, a penalty should be arbitrarily applied?
      Thank god people like you get filtered out of juries.

As I said, and you keep ignoring, the penalty has already been applied. You were forced out of the group, you didnt get to finish the instance, you must wait in queue for next pop, and you miss out on end bonus and end boss loot/fame. Already, you are punishing the player by the simple act of removing them.
      We can agree to disagree then.
    • EmotionLord schrieb:

FlufferPope schrieb:

You are emailing support with feedback. You do realize developers dont answer support tickets right? Support dudes answer support tickets. Put the feedback where the devs can actually see it.
      Amazing response, seeing as she told me the same thing, how about you actually contribute something to the conversation besides liking a shitpost and reading only half my entry.

As I can only assume your attitude here reflects in your in-game behaviour I am starting to wonder whether your 'friend' may have set the flames alight before the opportunity arose to kick him/her.

Another case of HTFU ..
    • Aisar schrieb:

Snorri schrieb:

Aisar schrieb:

people simply kick for ridiculous reasons. there is literally no reason for there to be a penalty after getting kicked.
    • Toastbr0t schrieb:

Aisar schrieb:

Snorri schrieb:

Aisar schrieb:

people simply kick for ridiculous reasons. there is literally no reason for there to be a penalty after getting kicked.
      I totally understand why some of you think the penalty is bad but my argument is I want it there for the trolls and bad players. It makes zero sense to kick a good player who is performing well and an effective part of the team. Can it be abused, sure, but it's a necessary feature. World of Warcraft has had the exact same leaver penalty for years and has never changed. Get kicked from a dungeon and you get the same queue cooldown penalty. It's worth it to have a penalty on removal to discourage manchildren and people who simply are not that interested in actually playing properly anymore and just want to be trolls and jerks. The chance of a group removing a good player is very low, why would they remove an effective member of the team? They would have to sit there without a member, wait for a new one to join, wait for that person to catch up and possibly get a worse one than they had before.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Aisar ()

• Aisar schrieb:

I totally understand why some of you think the penalty is bad but my argument is I want it there for the trolls and bad players. It makes zero sense to kick a good player who is performing well and an effective part of the team. Can it be abused, sure, but it's a necessary feature. World of Warcraft has had the exact same leaver penalty for years and has never changed. Get kicked from a dungeon and you get the same queue cooldown penalty. It's worth it to have a penalty on removal to discourage manchildren and people who simply are not that interested in actually playing properly anymore and just want to be trolls and jerks. The chance of a group removing a good player is very low, why would they remove an effective member of the team? They would have to sit there without a member, wait for a new one to join, wait for that person to catch up and possibly get a worse one than they had before.
      This isn't WoW. You are not placed with players on your "team" to do just group content. You could very well be placed with a rival guild or with someone who just ganked you or cheesed a duel victory over you who kick you for revenge or to inflict damage on their enemy. If Albion is ever really to become a open-world sandbox game, there will be many reasons to game the queuing system to mess with the other players and there will be plenty of players happy to wait for a replacement if they can inflict 15 minutes lockout on someone they don't like or are rivals with. In fact giving 15 minutes time-out power to players is just enabling them to be "trolls and jerks" and three of them could just keep queuing and handing out 15 minutes penalties to the unlucky people that get matched with them for laughs. I mean, this thread is just a small taste of how many tears there are to mine from clueless themeparkers who have little concept of what playing in a competitive sandbox game can be like.

This problem is only going to get worse and this mechanic used more and more to grief the other players.I guess it isn't a high priority to fix and there definitely needs to be a kick system to get rid of troublemakers and incompetents (and your rivals for that matter - why should you help them?), but I'll bet you'll be questioning your faith in giving players the ability to hand out punishments the first time you get paired with a group who doesn't like your name, gear or guild tag, or just sends you to the penalty box to get a rise out of you.
    • Aisar schrieb:

Toastbr0t schrieb:

Aisar schrieb:

Snorri schrieb:

Aisar schrieb:

I agree, there needs to be some kind of penalty for people that keep trolling. Maybe 2 or 3 kicks and a penalty is inflicted? It indeed makes zero sense to kick a "good" player but albion's playerbase does not seem to like logical reasoning. All I can say from my experience is that I was kicked for "no damage" because the tank wasn't using any aggro skills/weapons so I had to use defensive maneuvers and cooldowns so I dont die lol. That was a 4 man group. Its just too easily abusable really.
    • I don't think there's a right or wrong about this.

The kick is decided by a vote. It's a democratic decision. There will always be conflicting views of what makes a player a good or a bad one. But if the majority of the group decides to kick a player, then the chances are kinda high that said player somehow deserved it - wether by wasting everyones time on the destinyboard or by being a member in a certain guild.

From my own experiences: I am an incredibly chill guy, but I already vote-kicked two players out of expedition-groups. Both times highly deserved - one was an obvious troll and the other was a healer who just wouldn't heal and was resistant to all advice.

I am glad that there's a timer, giving those players a time-out to think about why they've been kicked or just to cool down a bit. If one day I am kicked myself, I guess I can shrug it off - the time lost is really nothing to bitch and whine about, is it (although I can only play in the evenings and my time is precious)?

I am not saying that this system is 100% fair, but I also cannot imagine a better system (which will be just as fast and reasonable while being at least as fair as the vote).

So there you go: I think it's all good.
      Some People - wir rekrutieren
    • Better schrieb:

I was kicked from an expedition for using 2 hand hammers instead of hammer and shield. They need to get rid of that shit 15min penalty for being kicked. Most of the time the people who are doing the kicking don't even speak english or let alone type in chat. They almost all the time do it for no reason.
      My friend uses 2h hammers and he has never been kicked o expeditions for that. The stories people say here are bs.

How come most people never get kicked in expeditions? Im pretty sure you started flaming the other guys or went afk, or maybe you went as tank and you did not tanked properly.

The devs should check chat logs and put even a longer penalty on flamers and afkers.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Holoin ()

• I've been kicked once. There was someone at the door so I went to let them in and was back at my laptop in well under a minute just in time to see myself be kicked for AFK. Fair enough I guess.

I've put maybe 4 or 5 people up for a kick vote but only after I give them a warning and it's usually for mindlessly pulling mobs they shouldn't on a continuous basis.

Rarely will I vote to kick someone with the wrong build, instead I'll try to support them best I can.
    • Holoin schrieb:

Better schrieb:

My friend uses 2h hammers and he has never been kicked o expeditions for that. The stories people say here are bs.
      How come most people never get kicked in expeditions? Im pretty sure you started flaming the other guys or went afk, or maybe you went as tank and you did not tanked properly.

The devs should check chat logs and put even a longer penalty on flamers and afkers.
      I joined the expedition and the first thing I saw in chat was "omg its another 2 handed hammer tank, kick him for a shield tank". I didnt even type in fucking chat because people in this game are cancer like you. What gives people the right to kick me because I'm the the tank spec they wanted when they queued up for PUG expedition. The 15min penalty needs to be removed for people who are kicked.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Better ()