Kicked for no reason and the Dev's don't care

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Kicked for no reason and the Dev's don't care

Alright well, I think I did a good enough job explaining in my support ticket. The issue is clear and something that seems to be a problem in a game that has so many languages present. There are bound to be misunderstandings, but the design of the game shouldn't exacerbate these issues, but alleviate them. Without further adieu... Here are the pictures of my support tickets.
      Bilder
      • First.PNG

50,46 kB, 629×689, 612 mal angesehen
      • Second.PNG

33,79 kB, 573×431, 433 mal angesehen

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von EmotionLord ()

• Well, your name certainly fits.

Albion Online is a MMO the defining characteristic of which is that you play with other players, some of whom may be impatient, self-centered, or even downright jerks. I don't know what you expect SBI to do to control the other players. They can't force someone to play with you just they can't force you to play with someone if you don't want. If your friend was too slow, impolite, incompetent or whatever, the group has the right to replace them just as you do when you get someone that isn't working well in your group. This isn't kindergarten.

On a completely urelated note, I feel like now is a good time to thank the game masters for what must be a difficult and thankless job. Dealing with the general video game public must be amusing at times, but often frustrating and abusive. I thank them for their efforts.
    • You are emailing support with feedback. You do realize developers dont answer support tickets right? Support dudes answer support tickets. Put the feedback where the devs can actually see it.

Edit: Post no longer relevant as he deleted his third picture, which was him raging about having to post in feedback.
      Flufferpope, OG AO since A1

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von FlufferPope ()

• Ok, first off my name is from a YouTube show created by Pendleton Ward and has nothing to do with the situation. Your ad hominem attack is lame at best. The game has multiple languages and having something like learning points in the game means you have to take a second and deal with them no matter what situation you're facing. Also if the group you are in wants to vote-kick you for a non-issue then I think that's something that merits a response when it takes a while to get into these queues in the first place. It's not about "making them play with me." It's about not letting them kick me from a random party with little or no issue. They spoke another language and didn't even try to talk in chat until after they tried to kick us. This was something that was not brought on by me but by impractical impatience. Your lack of understanding and belittling belays your point to nothingness.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von EmotionLord ()

• Also I know, I just didn't know the right route and didn't want to retype anything. My response to her was out of anger and isn't meant to make my argument less just because I was mad.

My main argument is that there needs to be an AFK timer or something, anything, that stops other players for kicking you from an expedition you waited 30 minutes to do.

I heal mainly and I have had so many groups where I have told them they need to stop standing in AoE's and literally told tanks what they're job is. I'm not mad at people. I'm mad that there is no safeguard from the worst of people when that's all you're getting online. No one is incentivized to be a good person in this game. Where similar games like FFXIV seem to do fine because they have commendation systems and things to reward people for being nice. Nothing like that exists here so everyone is an asshole constantly.

TL;DR:
      If they aren't going to put failsafes in place, then at least give incentives to be a good person.
      This game needs so much improvement, but incentives for the community to interact, needs to be first on the list. Not just this but contracts between players, etc.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von EmotionLord () aus folgendem Grund: Had to clarify

• EmotionLord schrieb:

how about you actually contribute something to the conversation besides liking a shitpost and reading only half my entry
      Your constant emotional overtone is hurting your argument. Which is a shame, because I can kinda see one in there. But its not exactly clear what you want ( Probably in part to there not really being a clear solution )

All you've done so far is blame other people for your lack of clarity.

For starters: Defending your friend on grounds of "But they were doing their destiny board stuff!" is not great. People have shit to do, they don't want to stand around with their hands up their ass in a dungeon they waited 30 minutes for while somebody twiddles their settings.

But that said, there could be some improvements along the lines of the "AFK timer" direction you said.

For starters: If somebody opens a destiny board or other UI that makes a player unable to see game interaction, all party members should be able to see it. ( maybe an animation of pondering appears above their head )

In dungeons, opening a destiny board for more than 10 seconds should give additional warning overlay showing something along the lines of "You have stopped paying attention to the dungeon! You could be kicked".

At 30 seconds of a destiny board being open, the other team mates should get an option to kick.

But that said, one of the reasons "kick" is an option is "Look, you suck at this, lets get somebody else". It doesn't matter how long you waited, it doesn't matter if its a language issue, you're a bad fit for the dungeon and you're not wanted. Restricting peoples ability to do that only when you've been AFK for some time is not going to be useful.

If a tank is an idiot and can't not pull every mob at once, kick that bastard and find somebody who knows how to play.

You can teach them if you want, but its not your responsibility.

Perhaps, it needs a Stack-Overflow-esque "kick reason" menu, and at least then the "reason" can be localised.
    • hexk schrieb:

EmotionLord schrieb:

how about you actually contribute something to the conversation besides liking a shitpost and reading only half my entry
      Your constant emotional overtone is hurting your argument. Which is a shame, because I can kinda see one in there. But its not exactly clear what you want ( Probably in part to there not really being a clear solution )
      All you've done so far is blame other people for your lack of clarity.

For starters: Defending your friend on grounds of "But they were doing their destiny board stuff!" is not great. People have shit to do, they don't want to stand around with their hands up their ass in a dungeon they waited 30 minutes for while somebody twiddles their settings.

But that said, there could be some improvements along the lines of the "AFK timer" direction you said.

For starters: If somebody opens a destiny board or other UI that makes a player unable to see game interaction, all party members should be able to see it. ( maybe an animation of pondering appears above their head )

In dungeons, opening a destiny board for more than 10 seconds should give additional warning overlay showing something along the lines of "You have stopped paying attention to the dungeon! You could be kicked".

At 30 seconds of a destiny board being open, the other team mates should get an option to kick.

But that said, one of the reasons "kick" is an option is "Look, you suck at this, lets get somebody else". It doesn't matter how long you waited, it doesn't matter if its a language issue, you're a bad fit for the dungeon and you're not wanted. Restricting peoples ability to do that only when you've been AFK for some time is not going to be useful.

If a tank is an idiot and can't not pull every mob at once, kick that bastard and find somebody who knows how to play.

You can teach them if you want, but its not your responsibility.

Perhaps, it needs a Stack-Overflow-esque "kick reason" menu, and at least then the "reason" can be localised.
      Ok, I understood that coming here would be an instant shitshow of judgment. Which is why I was so upset about having to come to a public forum to discuss something which was meant for the developers.

I can put that aside and assess that people want suggestions and truth instead of a complaint and came up with these bullet points:

When you reach a learning point in your skill tree, it does not award you skill you "wasted" by not spending the skill point sooner. So he wanted to spend them as soon as possible and I understand

I just want to see some sort of fail-safe put in place so that people can't kick someone for "no reason" as there didn't seem to be any sort of qualifications my friend met for being "afk" as the kick put it.

As I understand the kick system now, people can kick someone for as stupid an issue as their name. Which people here discredit my argument for... sadly. Anyway, I think I have some valid points that need to be discussed, because I think these issues reach further than our specific situation and can lead to abuse.

I just wanted discussion as to better improve this, but I prefaced my argument with objective bitchiness and horridness, so I understand the backlash.
      Please don't let me taint my valid points.

P.S. Before someone comes in, I know that you can get to another "learning point" but he didn't know it, and it only awards you if you reach that specific amount of experience, no sooner.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von EmotionLord ()

• Also I disagree with the 30 seconds thing, that's way too short to navigate that mess of a menu. You can't even zoom out all the way in it, which I think is another issue entirely.
      Especially this being early on in the game and he had about 4-5 things that reached learning points simultaneously.

I heal generally and I have been in multiple groups where I have asked people to get mobs from me, or to not stand in AoE's. I don't kick them, I just leave if my gear breaks. I can't do anything for anyone else, but I ask that there be system in place from keeping people abusing a system that is confusing at best.

As for the localisation thing, I think that needs to happen before the "kick menu" as was the case in FFXIV as well. It was a multilingual game and had a menu that could be translated to all sorts of commands so that I never had to post on a forum like this. (Not to blame devs it could just be a solution that hasn't been made yet).

I just think this is an overarching issue that reaches into the heart of the success of the expedition group system.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von EmotionLord () aus folgendem Grund: Clarification

• EmotionLord schrieb:

Also if the group you are in wants to vote-kick you for a non-issue then I think that's something that merits a response when it takes a while to get into these queues in the first place. It's not about "making them play with me." It's about not letting them kick me from a random party with little or no issue.
      They should be able to kick you for any reason. What if you are a member of a rival guild and they don't want to help you progress? Or you are completely incompetent and making their game unplayable? Or you ganked one of them earlier in the day? You are not entitled to be carried or your bad behaviour tolerated by other players who don't want to play with you or help you, or worse, even wish you harm in-game because of some open-world factor. That would be a much worse situation than the current one of people being annoyed at being kicked for "no reason" .

That said, if there is a point buried in your rant, it is that you should not be penalized so harshly if you get placed in a group you are not a good fit with for whatever reason. If they kick you because you are under-geared or from an enemy guild, you should not have to wait 15 minutes and re-queue. I would think that you should immediately go to the top of the queue, perhaps with a check to make sure you aren't AFK, and the system try again to place you. If however you are kicked a second time (or maybe third time) you start to get time penalties and sent to the bottom of the queue to keep you from negatively affecting the other players trying to play the game as clearly you are doing something undesirable.

Honestly, a queuing system for instanced dungeons in an open-world, full-loot PvP game seems like a strange game design choice to me. It is completely predictable that in addition to the normal human drama of throwing together players from all over the world and with different expectations and ability into a group, you are also going to have in-game rivalries and motivations creeping in. Further, there is the added background pressure that we are all in competition with each other as power is relative in this game design so there is a game incentive not to help the other players or even actively mess with them. Perhaps the developers should spend some time on building a more nuanced queuing system to deal with the extra drama that is going to be there.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Black_Pedro ()

• EmotionLord schrieb:

(EDITED) if the group you are in wants to vote-kick you for a non-issue - It's not about "making them play with me." It's about not letting them kick me from a random party with little or no issue. They spoke another language and didn't even try to talk in chat until after they tried to kick us. This was something that was not brought on by me but by impractical impatience.
      I agree with you on this, and I made this point on another thread that found it's way to obscurity so I will post here also and hope the devs do something about it.

The kick mechanic is bad. It is bad for a few reasons.

1. The person kicking can put ANYTHING THEY LIKE as the reason, it does not even have to be true.
      I got kicked a few days ago and the reason quoted was "ASSHOLE" and that is a direct quote from what they put in the reason. This came from a verbal disagreement in the party and one player has to win so he initiates a vote kick and suddenly BAM you're out because the other guy is essentially a little whingey b*tch.

2. If you are kicked you did not CHOOSE to leave the party, you are forced to leave, and yet you are FORCED to have a time punishment.

3. Sometimes kick can be for a valid reason, like the party composition is bad due to the weird way the party making system assigns roles. Sometimes your tank is actually a plate wearing arcane staff guy, for example. This guy gets kicked simply because he cant fulfil the role he was automatically assigned, not his fault, but he also suffers a 15 minute cooldown.

If you are going to make a kick mechanic that can be on ANY reason that the group likes, then please don't apply a cooldown. If you are KICKED from a group, there should be no cooldown, or at the very least SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the CD time to say 2 or 3 minutes, instead of 15.

Being kicked does not mean you are not willing or unable to complete the dungeon, it means everyone else decided for you.

Please fix, or limit the options for kicking and reduce the CD time as it is generally entirely unfair to apply it to people kicked from the group. I can not think of 1 reason its fair to apply the CD timer to someone kicked from a group. If the player is AFK, then they wont even realise they were kicked and may come back to the computer an hour later, so the 15 minute penalty serves no purpose even in the case of an AFK'er assuming the afk'er is genuinely afk.

If the reason is "player is afk" then if the player is present he should be able to invalidate the kick request or confirm he is not afk and not just be kicked for an invalid reason. There is way too much flexibility, the person being kicked does not even know a vote has been initiated against them until they are sent back out of the dungeon.

Alternatively, CHOOSING to leave a group using the "A" key, or exiting through the portal should incur the 15 minute wait time.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Snorri ()

• Im farming T6 expedition - sometimes solo, sometimes with guild. Votekick is the only tool for stubborn player who cant understand that going with T4.0 gear is not welcome here, when we are speed clearing. (Best dude was T3 ice staff + T3 tome and full plate T4).

Dont afk, dont go undergeared, dont trashtalk and you will be perfectly fine.

And punishment when kicked should be 2h+ so people will learn to not waste time.
    • Ithan schrieb:

Im farming T6 expedition - sometimes solo, sometimes with guild. Votekick is the only tool for stubborn player who cant understand that going with T4.0 gear is not welcome here, when we are speed clearing. (Best dude was T3 ice staff + T3 tome and full plate T4).

Dont afk, dont go undergeared, dont trashtalk and you will be perfectly fine.

And punishment when kicked should be 2h+ so people will learn to not waste time.
      and you are the type of gamer that shouldnt be doing PuG (Pick up Group / Random Groups) dungeons.
      If you want the perfectly configured group with people you only agree with and have fun with THEN DONT DO PUG'S. Make your own group. Configure it the way you want. Kick and allow who you want to join. Simple.

If you kick someone from your open world group they do not get a penalty. Why should it be this way in a dungeon?

You don't get to dictate what is trashtalk and what isn't and you don't get to punish people for not conforming to your views, this isn't communist russia. For gods sake just /mute the player and move on. If you didn't /mute them or just ignore them, THEN YOU ARE JUST AS BAD. You actually want to have conflict and YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

And if someone can sign up that means that the item power requirements were met when they signed up. Which means you need to blame the devs for bad design and allowing people to change configuration after signup, or the pre-requisites being too low.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Snorri ()

• You need to understand that expeditions are group activities. An expedition is no place to start navigating the destiny board to aply learning points. Why your friend did not waited till expedition was over?If your friend dint cared about the expedition, then the other members wont care about your friend. It was his fault. Also dont come here lying saying it was only 2-3 minutes of afk, im pretty sure he went afk for a lot more than that. The comunity is not stupid, we all know people come here crying and victimizing themself when the truth is another one.
    • Holoin schrieb:

You need to understand that expeditions are group activities. An expedition is no place to start navigating the destiny board to aply learning points. Why your friend did not waited till expedition was over?If your friend dint cared about the expedition, then the other members wont care about your friend. It was his fault. Also dont come here lying saying it was only 2-3 minutes of afk, im pretty sure he went afk for a lot more than that. The comunity is not stupid, we all know people come here crying and victimizing themself when the truth is another one.
      again, this is no reason that he should be punished with a cooldown, even if what you are saying were true.

again I use the example of joining a group just out in the open world. If you kick someone because they are AFK, or because you simply don't like the way they smell, or some other petty rubbish there is no penalty everyone just moves on with gaming.

This is the sole exception in AO that has a penalty attached to it to your gaming time where it is completely dependant on the whim and wish of other players. Any MMO that removes the ability to have control of your own character and outcomes that directly affect your gaming experience is bad design.
    • Look, any time you get a random group of players together their different expectations are going to clash. Your friend wanted to force his expectations - time to sit around and fiddle with his build and learning points - on those other people in the party, and you are not happy that they didn't feel like indulging him.

Tough.

In the most democratic way possible, they decided to punish him for wasting their collective time. And lest you think I'm singling you out, I'll confess that I've been on the receiving end a couple of times.

Once, I was running a T6 expedition as frost dps. The healer was an idiot, who loved to rush in and hit Holy Explosion (or whatever it's called), scattering all the mobs and making my AOE skillshots useless. About half way through the dungeon, I gave up and just started frostbolt spam. Right before the boss, I get kicked for 'does no dps'.

Lol.

Now, it sucked having that 15 min timer, but they were right! I wasn't doing much dps! I may have had my reasons, but getting kicked was a direct consequence of the choices I made. Frankly, it's a really interesting mechanic, and a very direct feedback mechanism. It was a good reminder to me to bring my A-game regardless of how irritating I may find some of my team-mates.

I suspect that a lot of people are going to become better players because of this system. Your friend breached the social etiquette of the pick-up group, and they let him know it in no uncertain terms.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Taurean ()