Any roadmap?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Axolotl schrieb:

There will be a new roadmap, but right now I have no ETA on when it will be published.
      We are 60 days in and have a plethora of problems, with massive amounts of feedback here and on reddit. How is this possible? If you guys don't start painting the picture soon, population will continue to drop. There are about 900 QoL changes I can think of on my own, and there have been so many fantastic suggestions in the last 60 days (not counting 2 years of beta). I love the game, 2 legendary founders + gold purchases so far, but you guys are flirting with failure if you don't make moves soon.
      IGN: KiteKiteKite
    • RockPaperBazooka schrieb:

Axolotl schrieb:

There will be a new roadmap, but right now I have no ETA on when it will be published.
      We are 60 days in and have a plethora of problems, with massive amounts of feedback here and on reddit. How is this possible? If you guys don't start painting the picture soon, population will continue to drop. There are about 900 QoL changes I can think of on my own, and there have been so many fantastic suggestions in the last 60 days (not counting 2 years of beta). I love the game, 2 legendary founders + gold purchases so far, but you guys are flirting with failure if you don't make moves soon.
      Because clearly there have been no fixes at all done and QoL updates have been completely ignored this whole time.

"Wait, what's that? There's been 3 patches with both those things? Well then why am I whining about nothing at all being done? Because I'm a baby and far too impatient to let things to take their course? Why shouldn't I keep making false statements about a game I'm so quick to bash and tell them what they should be doing even though it's completely out of my depth? But I want it naaaao!"
      Need I go on?
    • Azlen schrieb:

RockPaperBazooka schrieb:

Axolotl schrieb:

Because clearly there have been no fixes at all done and QoL updates have been completely ignored this whole time.
      "Wait, what's that? There's been 3 patches with both those things? Well then why am I whining about nothing at all being done? Because I'm a baby and far too impatient to let things to take their course? Why shouldn't I keep making false statements about a game I'm so quick to bash and tell them what they should be doing even though it's completely out of my depth? But I want it naaaao!"
      Need I go on?
      It's not just about connection issues, there are problems when it comes to GAMEPLAY.

A lot of things need to be amended/added.

There's no communication about progress and people like you continue to defend the game.

Communities make or break games, why? Because without a community it'd be dead. So we fucking will tell them what they should be doing, if they want us to keep investing money.

Shut the fuck up.
      I just like having a laugh.

dontgetmadtho
    • Holoin schrieb:

Why are people so desperate on getting a roadmap? My god the game just released a month ago, give the devs some time to relax, geez.Be patient.
      They've been relaxing throughout the entire beta and the launch of this shit show.

The game is 20% constructed and you think they need to relax?

We need a road-map so we can figure out if we want to leave now or later.

dontgetmadtho
    • Nulfar schrieb:

Holoin schrieb:

Why are people so desperate on getting a roadmap? My god the game just released a month ago, give the devs some time to relax, geez.Be patient.
      They've been relaxing throughout the entire beta and the launch of this shit show.
      The game is 20% constructed and you think they need to relax?

Theyve been relaxing? How do you know that? Are you a coder? Do you know how much time it takes to do anything in game development? 2 weeks of bad servers/ddoss attacks and you say they have been relaxing?Just be patient. If you got bored already, go out, hang out with friends..do something else. Play other games. And be patient.

Kids these days think game devs are super fastworking robots.
    • Holoin schrieb:

Nulfar schrieb:

Holoin schrieb:

They've been relaxing throughout the entire beta and the launch of this shit show.The game is 20% constructed and you think they need to relax?

Theyve been relaxing? How do you know that? Are you a coder? Do you know how much time it takes to do anything in game development? 2 weeks of bad servers/ddoss attacks and you say they have been relaxing?Just be patient. If you got bored already, go out, hang out with friends..do something else. Play other games. And be patient.
      Kids these days think game devs are super fastworking robo

are you going for number 1 fanboy of the day award? your close, they could shut the game down a month and you would be here praising the devs.
    • Nulfar schrieb:

Azlen schrieb:

RockPaperBazooka schrieb:

Axolotl schrieb:

Because clearly there have been no fixes at all done and QoL updates have been completely ignored this whole time."Wait, what's that? There's been 3 patches with both those things? Well then why am I whining about nothing at all being done? Because I'm a baby and far too impatient to let things to take their course? Why shouldn't I keep making false statements about a game I'm so quick to bash and tell them what they should be doing even though it's completely out of my depth? But I want it naaaao!"
      Need I go on?
      It's not just about connection issues, there are problems when it comes to GAMEPLAY.
      A lot of things need to be amended/added.

There's no communication about progress and people like you continue to defend the game.

Communities make or break games, why? Because without a community it'd be dead. So we fucking will tell them what they should be doing, if they want us to keep investing money.

Shut the fuck up.
      I actually have to agree with Nulfar here. There are so, so many underlying issues and at best all we have heard is that changes will be coming "soon" or that they're "on it".

There has been a rapid decline in activity from players in-game, and I don't necessarily believe it was due to the launch hype wearing off, but moreso how poor the preparation and management has been in dealing with issues alongside all technical problems.

The game is also severely lacking in content and becomes boring extremely fast. :/
    • DomVanDamn schrieb:

Holoin schrieb:

Nulfar schrieb:

Holoin schrieb:

They've been relaxing throughout the entire beta and the launch of this shit show.The game is 20% constructed and you think they need to relax?
      Theyve been relaxing? How do you know that? Are you a coder? Do you know how much time it takes to do anything in game development? 2 weeks of bad servers/ddoss attacks and you say they have been relaxing?Just be patient. If you got bored already, go out, hang out with friends..do something else. Play other games. And be patient.Kids these days think game devs are super fastworking robo

are you going for number 1 fanboy of the day award? your close, they could shut the game down a month and you would be here praising the devs.

I just talk the truth. Im not a fanboy. The game does get boring fast, but that is not the devs fault... Everyone.wanted them to release the game, so here you got it.

People dont have no idea about game dev, so they think a game has to be released 1 or 2 years into a beta. I think the game should still be in beta...but you guys had no patience so we got a game that gets boring fast.
    • Holoin schrieb:

Nulfar schrieb:

Holoin schrieb:

Kids these days think game devs are super fastworking robots.
      Love how you assume my age.

The most we've gotten for content is a seperate webpage stating if the servers are online or off. Whoopy fucking doo. That helps doesn't it? It's not like we won't be welcomed by a black screen the next time the game is experiencing connection issues/attacks.

We don't need a website to tell us the forums are off either, we simply click on the forums and if they don't load and other webpages do, they're down.

It's common fucking sense.

Anyhow, I don't need to be a coder or need to understand how much time it takes for a game to develop.

All I need is a bit of communication or an estimated date of when BASIC content is going to be added to the game.

You can full loot pvp all day, you can run expeditions of the same layout, you can run dungeons everyday, you'll eventually get bored of all of them.

Full loot consists of gank v gank, those say without a guild then fuck off this isn't the game for you. (If this is how it should be, 70% of the game should uninstall the game quickly because 70% of guilds have 150+ members and 10 online per day.) Only few guilds dominate in this game, and if you aren't apart of them you're really on your own.

PvE consists of the same dungeon layouts and the same expedition layouts with a kick feature just because they can, and will. (Example; I got kicked yesterday just because of the alliance I was in (they didn't like my alliance), the other four all was apart of the same guild.) 15 minute ban along with a 10 minute re-queue because it takes 10 minutes ALWAYS as a DPS.

The game needs a change to make the above a lot more fun, and if they don't want to make that change then they need to add new content. Just look at 90% of the forum posts, they're all negative. All of them posts can't be whining "kids". All of those posts are the community stating what should be. Like I said if you don't listen to the community your game is going to be shaped in the wrong way and if you don't like what you play, you won't play.

Look at a president. the COMMUNITY elected the president, if he doesn't listen the COMMUNITY starts to riot, and cause mayhem as they don't want their "world" (game) to be shaped in a bad way.

This is similar to games. If the company doesn't listen to what the players want or take our advice on what's giving us a shit gaming experience then it will continue to be shit and we'll all leave. Nobody can say that it's a good thing people leaving as it's "less lag", "you're shit", "you don't know how to play", "carebear bastard", because even the pros of the game won't stick around a dead game. No one will.

If they don't want to amend things or add content then WE, the community, will get bored and the minute a new game comes out that we have high hopes for, that's the minute our funding stops.

Tell me, will Albion be online or offline if there is nobody putting their money into it?

dontgetmadtho

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Nulfar ()

• RockPaperBazooka schrieb:

Korn did respond with sort of a roadmap on another thread. Don't have the link but it's on the forums. Makes the future look a little better.
      With all due respect, that was not a roadmap.

There have been mistakes after mistakes time and time again which was down to their lack of preparation and management. These issues that are being raised are not new either, this has been a topic that has built up quickly over time as more and more people start to share the mutual feeling; and at this rate, it would appear their prior mistakes in regard to poor preparation has not been taken onboard.

If there is a current content creator, they need fired and replaced. If there is not one, they should get one asap before this goes any further downhill.
    • Nulfar schrieb:

Love how you assume my age.
      The most we've gotten for content is a seperate webpage stating if the servers are online or off. Whoopy fucking doo. That helps doesn't it? It's not like we won't be welcomed by a black screen the next time the game is experiencing connection issues/attacks.

We don't need a website to tell us the forums are off either, we simply click on the forums and if they don't load and other webpages do, they're down.

It's common fucking sense.

Anyhow, I don't need to be a coder or need to understand how much time it takes for a game to develop.

All I need is a bit of communication or an estimated date of when BASIC content is going to be added to the game.

You can full loot pvp all day, you can run expeditions of the same layout, you can run dungeons everyday, you'll eventually get bored of all of them.

Full loot consists of gank v gank, those say without a guild then fuck off this isn't the game for you. (If this is how it should be, 70% of the game should uninstall the game quickly because 70% of guilds have 150+ members and 10 online per day.) Only few guilds dominate in this game, and if you aren't apart of them you're really on your own.

PvE consists of the same dungeon layouts and the same expedition layouts with a kick feature just because they can, and will. (Example; I got kicked yesterday just because of the alliance I was in (they didn't like my alliance), the other four all was apart of the same guild.) 15 minute ban along with a 10 minute re-queue because it takes 10 minutes ALWAYS as a DPS.

The game needs a change to make the above a lot more fun, and if they don't want to make that change then they need to add new content. Just look at 90% of the forum posts, they're all negative. All of them posts can't be whining "kids". All of those posts are the community stating what should be. Like I said if you don't listen to the community your game is going to be shaped in the wrong way and if you don't like what you play, you won't play.

Look at a president. the COMMUNITY elected the president, if he doesn't listen the COMMUNITY starts to riot, and cause mayhem as they don't want their "world" (game) to be shaped in a bad way.

This is similar to games. If the company doesn't listen to what the players want or take our advice on what's giving us a shit gaming experience then it will continue to be shit and we'll all leave. Nobody can say that it's a good thing people leaving as it's "less lag", "you're shit", "you don't know how to play", "carebear bastard", because even the pros of the game won't stick around a dead game. No one will.

If they don't want to amend things or add content then WE, the community, will get bored and the minute a new game comes out that we have high hopes for, that's the minute our funding stops.

Tell me, will Albion be online or offline if there is nobody putting their money into it?
      You do need to understand how coding and game dev works before talking about these stuff.

Game devs is extremely time consuming, a small team, like SBI, will not be able to give us new content updates every week.
      Also, its really hard to give a date. As I said you need to understand coding and game devs to know that a single bug/error in your code can delay the implementation, and every coder knows that its impossible to code without making error or creating bugs. This is the reason why giving a date is very hard, because if you start giving dates, those dates can change. If they change comunty will get angry.

The game as only been out a month, 1 month is not enough time to deal with ddos, server issues and other launch issues while at the same time making new content and having it ready to release in a few days.It would be enough time if SBI had hundreds of employees, but we all know that they are not a company big enough to have that many employees.

This is why you actually do need to understand about these stuff.

Most mmos, when they release, they dont offer a lot of content. Mmos grow over time, thays why you need to be patient.

I know the game gets boring fast, but that is to be expected of most mmos after release.
    • Holoin schrieb:

You do need to understand how coding and game dev works before talking about these stuff.
      Game devs is extremely time consuming, a small team, like SBI, will not be able to give us new content updates every week.
      Also, its really hard to give a date. As I said you need to understand coding and game devs to know that a single bug/error in your code can delay the implementation, and every coder knows that its impossible to code without making error or creating bugs. This is the reason why giving a date is very hard, because if you start giving dates, those dates can change. If they change comunty will get angry.

The game as only been out a month, 1 month is not enough time to deal with ddos, server issues and other launch issues while at the same time making new content and having it ready to release in a few days.It would be enough time if SBI had hundreds of employees, but we all know that they are not a company big enough to have that many employees.

This is why you actually do need to understand about these stuff.

Most mmos, when they release, they dont offer a lot of content. Mmos grow over time, thays why you need to be patient.

I know the game gets boring fast, but that is to be expected of most mmos after release.
      Which is precisely why it was a stupid, stupid thing for Korn to do in boasting on the forums how even if 10% of the current playerbase were only playing albion, they would be doing very well financially. If the finances for the game are doing that well, why not expand on their team instead of pissing off their current customers.

The game has so much potential, but the way some of the staff go around is incredibly amateur.
    • ThorsHammer schrieb:

Because the game is dying? More than half the people who started have quit if not more. If stuff is not done, or at least promised quickly, this game will be dead within 6 months which is what I have said for the past year.
      Game is not dying lol. Population decrease is something that happens to all mmos 1-2 months after release.That decrease is increased even more if the game launches in summer, because after summer is over, people start to go back to school/work causing even bigger drop in population.

A huge amount of players do not go past the 1-2 month in a game, these are the players who where hyped for the launch and after the hype goes away, they stop playing.

The game is pretty healty, there is so many players in cities that they get laggy, caerleon is always overpopulated, there is always a lot of people in blackzones/redzones both gathering and hunting.

Its still hard to gather in the peak hours, cause all nodes are empty.

You getting bored does not means that the game is dying.If you are playing in the "dead hours" dont expect to see a lot of activity, in these hours most players are working/studying/sleeping.
    • TellTales schrieb:

Which is precisely why it was a stupid, stupid thing for Korn to do in boasting on the forums how even if 10% of the current playerbase were only playing albion, they would be doing very well financially. If the finances for the game are doing that well, why not expand on their team instead of pissing off their current customers.
      The game has so much potential, but the way some of the staff go around is incredibly amateur.
      They are doing well financially as a small team. Employees are not cheap, The company also needs to make sure they can sustain the team for a few years, they cant just hire 100 employees just because they are doing well financially, Because if they do that, they would stop doing well financially in a year.

Again, being well financially doesnt mean that you can hire a lot of new employes. It just means that the small team can sustain itself to work in the game.