Develop commerce/market play more in game

• Develop commerce/market play more in game

Can we please get an update on a possible ETA for the API to arrive? Right now, for those not doing PVP and instead enjoying playing the economy, crafting and farming it is important to have access to market data. Right now crafting especially is quickly becoming a non item as it's cumbersome and those who do craft have virtually no way to efficiently get their goods to market without knowing prices. If market data becomes available what we would also start seeing is goods transports moving through regions where in turn the PVP crowd might get their hands on these. SO this works both ways..

Since the game basically does not allow for multi boxing, staying informed on markets in the cities is cumbersome at best.

What is needed:
    API access to markets
    Multi buy and sell
    Contracts

Also, IMO there should be a 'commerce' branch in the Destiny board which as it develops allows for more and more access to city markets and handle buy and sell orders from a remote location

While I get the game has focus on GvG activities, the crafting, farming, potion, food and market game play offers a lot of depth but lacks the tools to really 'grow up' atm. Having this in game will IMO also draw in a whole different group of payers.
  • No ETA on a API so far, in the meantime you can use albion-market.com

PS:
    Keep in mind that works both ways, so your competition will also have a much easier time to adapt to margins. Thats why i personally don't like market api's for such simple economies like AO. I think having the "cumbersome" barrier of actually manually acquiring prices, volumes is more healthy for local markets, compared to centralized markets with 100% transparent api's. In my opinion the economy needs to-be much more complex/complicated, before i see a API to benefit the overall health.
  • Problem is that as I understand it, it is not allowed to have an alt sit at a market location to check prices for another character you play/own. Alts can only interact on guild/personal island

In EVE I have a Jita Alt who sits in station and I can have him check whatever at any time. The UI/UX in AO also does not help to efficiently check prices. The tool you linked is interesting but without information on where these items are it's pretty much pointless.
  • blazemonger wrote:

The tool you linked is interesting but without information on where these items are it's pretty much pointless.
    Its build by Jeronica from EVE-Mogul and they are working on getting the per city data. They just started 2 weeks ago and already came this far, so check back every week on there progress.

I interpret the "not interact" rule mainly for real multi-boxing and PvP scouting and not to check market prices with a alt. Its also rather hard to proof, since there is no trackable connection between a alt checking caeleeon prices and your main transporting goods. If you are unsure you can always just log out one toon and write down prices in a sheet.
  • Andy22 wrote:

No ETA on a API so far, in the meantime you can use albion-market.com

PS:
    Keep in mind that works both ways, so your competition will also have a much easier time to adapt to margins. Thats why i personally don't like market api's for such simple economies like AO. I think having the "cumbersome" barrier of actually manually acquiring prices, volumes is more healthy for local markets, compared to centralized markets with 100% transparent api's. In my opinion the economy needs to-be much more complex/complicated, before i see a API to benefit the overall health.
    I totally agree that AO economy is too simple. But unfortunately even here we need a market tool like the one you mentioned since there are already people who employ such tools privately. I try to play some economy PVP here like I did a while ago in EVE. Unfortunately I fail miserably because I don't have this tool. To be honest I think that I am playing against a bot because anytime except for downtime every order on every market in my area of interest is overbid within 15 minutes but at least with this tool I will have the same information available to me.