Why is crafting way faster than gathering?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Rakusai schrieb:

I didn't read all replies but making crafting longer?

I hate standing there and refining 1k+ resources and you want ppl to stand afk for 10+ minutes just to craft a weapon?

You can run around, explore, do pvp, run for your live etc. while gathering.

PS: I'm a gatherer not crafter.
      im not saying make the bar go slower. That would be ridiculous. Do something else, make it more enjoyable while also taking more time. Have something implanted that will make the item you crafted more desirable than what joe crafted. Not go to the crafting station put 3k mats in amd recive 3k crafted items after 1 minute. Im not a dev so i dont know what type of system to put in.
    • As a refiner/crafter, making the bar take longer would be stupid.
      However I'm not against dropping off mats at a Building, paying fees, and queuing up my order and having it take an hour or whatever.
      It does seem silly that everything crafting side is nearly instant.

Also there is already a capacity and food meter on building which both will stop production.
    • katysha schrieb:

I think we can all agree on that gathering is the most time consuming activity in the
      entire game. Refining and crafting on the other hand does only take a fraction of the time
      to create new things.

Lets say I want to craft a t4 Weapon made out of steel.
      - crafting takes ~1s
      - refining ore to steel takes ~3 ( e.g. 24 steel bars)
      - gathering 48 of iron ore, can take somewhere from 1 - 5 min

with higher tiers the disbalance in time investment is also way higher.
      So why is it like that?
      The higher tier does take more time, but relatively small in comparison. But, are you really advocating adding time to the craft timer just "because"? This is the oddest request.
    • Wirtsleg schrieb:

katysha schrieb:

I think we can all agree on that gathering is the most time consuming activity in the
      entire game. Refining and crafting on the other hand does only take a fraction of the time
      to create new things.

Lets say I want to craft a t4 Weapon made out of steel.
      - crafting takes ~1s
      - refining ore to steel takes ~3 ( e.g. 24 steel bars)
      - gathering 48 of iron ore, can take somewhere from 1 - 5 min

with higher tiers the disbalance in time investment is also way higher.
      So why is it like that?
      The higher tier does take more time, but relatively small in comparison. But, are you really advocating adding time to the craft timer just "because"? This is the oddest request.
      There needs to be "balance" in everything. It seems.

Otherwise it's not fair, or whatever.
    • I think it will make more valuable the items crafted id you could only craft higher tiers un red and black zones.

Also you could make ítems or materials that you could slot into the crafting station to make the item better at something ( def, attk ) and can only be movable via paying silver ( to add a sink ) , or with some special tool ( to make the market even more diverse ).

And there could be the need of using special equipment to craft each type of material. Special gloves or tools/hammers
    • You would have to get rid of focus then. Focus is a currency that everyone earns regardless of level and has inherent value. Crafting is extremely fast, allowing people to correct arbitrage imbalances very quickly. However, even if you aren't that good of a crafter, your 10k focus/day is valuable to that other guy who wants to buy your shit so he can use his focus better.

Focus is essentially the substitute for time investment and really shouldn't be premium only. If you put in a need for time investment but keep focus, you will just nullify the point of focus while needlessly needlessly inflating the price and putting profits in a concentrated benefit. If you add larger timers and remove focus, then you would ideally keep the market price stable but now the people doing the work are those with lots of time on their hands. SBI doesn't want this for the same reason they added LP.

This ultimately seems like a usability issue because if you properly spend focus, you're done for the day in your favorite activity within 5 minutes.

I think one way to solve this would be to add craftable "practice" items of every kind and tier that does literally nothing but allows studying, costs less resources to make, gives less resources per analogous item but more few material, and may take longer to make. Ultimately, the idea would be to shift the fame tax onto useless items so that you can be sure that the supply and demand of resources/items are absolutely not just to grind fame.

The benefit would be choosing to use focus for more fame or for more silver. That might seem redundant, but once you have a certain amount of silver/fame, the other one looks more appealing. Plus, it would take up more of your time so you feel like you're doing more than a 3 minute login per day.

Also, let focus stack to 50-70k.