Why the karma system is so unbalanced

• Why the karma system is so unbalanced

I love the game, but I find it incoherent that the game encourages you to do pvp (we are not like other mmo, so why are you going to farm if you can loot others?) <That is the question that generates the game once you understand their Mechanical, but .. if I kill a player with a slightly high reputation in red areas (I lose 1200 reputation so I will not be allowed to enter the cities and they will not let me do expeditions to upload it relatively fast) how does this work? , Killing 1 monster gives you 1 -3 depending on the tier and killing a player removes me 1200 and to top it off blocking the fact of being able to fix it with expeditions, is that I do not understand it sincerely because the system of karma is so aggressive. The game has no missions in itself, it is a sandbox so your travels and adventures generate YOU, I understand that there is a karma system to help the new ones but it seems stupid that if you do pvp in any area that is not black You degrade reputation to such an extent, now that I have left? Take me 2-3 days focusing on farms boar or huargos for hours and hours just because the system of karma is completely broken, no thanks.
    I just have to take a few days to meditate on this and see what I can do, if any of you know how to raise the reputation in some more effective way I would be very grateful if you shared it with me.
    Thanks in advance
  • Why do you feel you should have high reputation as a red zone ganker? If it gets too low it will regenerate back to suspicious.

Rep is kind of useless since the 3 second rule i think, since its made red zones so much safer you are correspondingly going to be ganking fewer people, meaning the reputation hit for ganking a high rep is probably less on your mind than the kind of profit you would get for killing them.
  • I understand that but the game is focused on that and it is not that I kill a lot of people, what I mean is that it is not balanced that if you kill a player you get between 1200-1500 more reputation and to recover it You have to farm and wait for it to go down for 1-3 days without letting you enter the cities and block the expeditions, I had 120 reputation and for killing 1 player put me in infamy do not you think unbalanced? They are already doing a thousand and one things so that the red zone is practically a yellow zone, I honestly do not understand why people complain that they are gankeen when they are in an area where they are supposed to take extreme care when farming there, if not You like to be kept in the yellow zone, it's stupid to tell players that they are to blame for killing others, when 90% of the philosophy of the game was based on that.
  • gianfoxxx wrote:

I understand that but the game is focused on that and it is not that I kill a lot of people, what I mean is that it is not balanced that if you kill a player you get between 1200-1500 more reputation and to recover it You have to farm and wait for it to go down for 1-3 days without letting you enter the cities and block the expeditions, I had 120 reputation and for killing 1 player put me in infamy do not you think unbalanced? They are already doing a thousand and one things so that the red zone is practically a yellow zone, I honestly do not understand why people complain that they are gankeen when they are in an area where they are supposed to take extreme care when farming there, if not You like to be kept in the yellow zone, it's stupid to tell players that they are to blame for killing others, when 90% of the philosophy of the game was based on that.
    Go to black zones, its easier to gank than in red zones in my experience. Red really is just another yellow in effect, while you can be ganked its so rare you effectively arent losing anything. Higher red zone rewards more than compensate for it. The people who complain about being ganked in red zones just arent playing the same game, they want to sit there and mine to make their silver go up, being killed one time and losing 30k of gear even though they have made a million is still seen as something horrible to them.

Going to red to gank is more for fun or having a specific plan, unfortunately solo ganking is not that great a plan.

One potential red zone ganking plan is to intercept people heading to hellgates. They usualy have high end gear, so you get an unflaged group and wait around in their path then all flag up at once. Targeting red zone dungeons also works. Unfortunately you do need a group for all these things. Black zone is better if you want to kill random people. Deep black zones can be almost empty except for some gatherers thnking its safe in their teritory. The other day i made 100k off my share of loot from just one gatherer, it was split three ways between us. People complain about black zone materials being controller exclusive but honestly their gatherers are your gatherers, just go in and take the stuff from them.

At any rate, you should probably avoid tanking your reputation untill you are sure you dont need the outlying towns. I played around and now have to wait a few days before i can resume my activities in cities other than caer. But reputation is so worthless with the 3 second rule now once im done with those i think i may just try to tank my rep all the way just for fun.