Update on DDOS Attacks, Compensation

• Roknori wrote:

Starf wrote:

I don't want your premium time, I want my money back.

FoxTheOne wrote:

As these two so far have posted, a lot are gonna feel that they should get their money back. In a perspective, you can blame the Steam Culture for this. However, what do you think SBI should do with your accounts after refunding you? Leave your account alone and let you play? Reward you with the 14 days Premium Time that we're to be getting, or exclude you from that database modification? Honestly, IF they were to do any refunds for your purchase of a Purchase To Pay I'd expect to see gamekeys deactivated or just as simple, banning the account that has a refund for initial purchase processed on it. Especially if you purchased Premium Time for alts via real money or in-game currency and you're still active for a game purchase refund.

It's not logical or fiscally responsible for them to refund you just because of the issues that have been happening. If you liked the game but turned sour because of the initial launch issues (which we were seeing a lot of progress on) and then right after the DDOS attacks that have caused the major amount of downtime giving you Premium is still essentially going to cost them money overall. Just like these DDOS attacks have. Hiring NetSec, SysSec, and working with the DC the servers are in is NOT CHEAP. It costs a lot of money.

TLDR: Be patient and deal with the downtime as they fine tune everything for the DDOS, and try to think about it not from just your perspective. The world does not revolve around you.
    Ok, so after devs fail to launch test server week before launch - lot of ppl was afraid of future server issues on launch. And devs lied to all of us, promising smoth launch.
    I lost > 5 city plots because of rollbacks, i got my lost gold in 11 days! CARL. This is how support works. This is first time im asking for refund, because this is worst launch/server stability/support/communication with community.
    Under EU rules, a trader must repair, replace, reduce the price or give you a refund if goods you bought turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised.

Albion do not look or work as advertised.

And i dont care what will happens to my account after i will get a refund.
  • FoxTheOne wrote:

Roknori wrote:

Starf wrote:

FoxTheOne wrote:

As these two so far have posted, a lot are gonna feel that they should get their money back. In a perspective, you can blame the Steam Culture for this. However, what do you think SBI should do with your accounts after refunding you? Leave your account alone and let you play? Reward you with the 14 days Premium Time that we're to be getting, or exclude you from that database modification? Honestly, IF they were to do any refunds for your purchase of a Purchase To Pay I'd expect to see gamekeys deactivated or just as simple, banning the account that has a refund for initial purchase processed on it. Especially if you purchased Premium Time for alts via real money or in-game currency and you're still active for a game purchase refund.
    It's not logical or fiscally responsible for them to refund you just because of the issues that have been happening. If you liked the game but turned sour because of the initial launch issues (which we were seeing a lot of progress on) and then right after the DDOS attacks that have caused the major amount of downtime giving you Premium is still essentially going to cost them money overall. Just like these DDOS attacks have. Hiring NetSec, SysSec, and working with the DC the servers are in is NOT CHEAP. It costs a lot of money.

TLDR: Be patient and deal with the downtime as they fine tune everything for the DDOS, and try to think about it not from just your perspective. The world does not revolve around you.
    Ok, so after devs fail to launch test server week before launch - lot of ppl was afraid of future server issues on launch. And devs lied to all of us, promising smoth launch.I lost > 5 city plots because of rollbacks, i got my lost gold in 11 days! CARL. This is how support works. This is first time im asking for refund, because this is worst launch/server stability/support/communication with community.
    Under EU rules, a trader must repair, replace, reduce the price or give you a refund if goods you bought turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised.

kek
    a fair fight for me is when people are more than us. Then they actually have a chance to stay alive.
  • Thank you for the compensation with the premium time!

I would also like to, in this thread raise the question of compensation for time lost as a plot owner, as we have not been able to utilize our plots the 30 days we paid for after the last auction.
    The profits from my plots went down by 31,9% since the DDOS attacks started. Perhaps an extension to the plot ownership?
  • FoxTheOne wrote:

Roknori wrote:

Starf wrote:

FoxTheOne wrote:

Ok, so after devs fail to launch test server week before launch - lot of ppl was afraid of future server issues on launch. And devs lied to all of us, promising smoth launch.I lost > 5 city plots because of rollbacks, i got my lost gold in 11 days! CARL. This is how support works. This is first time im asking for refund, because this is worst launch/server stability/support/communication with community.

test server was working even on launch day, whats your problem lmao
  • Thanks for the hard work. I feel kind of sorry for whats going on in your beginning after 5 years of hard work. Somepeople may say u didnt worked as u should and thats why this is hapenning, and they have right to say so, but, as you said,i except this Game to be for a long time. It remembers me Ultima Online, Any oldy Guy around like me Who played It? I miss those years when we were fewer but very loyal ingames

The post was edited 1 time, last by Laronnar ().

• Laronnar wrote:

Thanks for the hard work. I feel kind of sorry for whats going on in your beginning after 5 years of hard work. Somepeople may say u didnt worked as u should and thats why this is hapenning, and they have right to say so, but as you said except this Game to be for a long time. It remembers me Ultima Online, Any oldy Guy around like me Who played It? I miss those years when we were fewer but very loyal ingames
    yes, it is what you do in adversity that speaks for what you stand for. for example, no man's sky released a shell of a game and today they announced an update for free that finally turns it into what they advertised it as. Do i respect their bad release? No. But I do respect them taking the money and *not* running, and a year later, the doom and gloom around that game is much less. Albion has immense long-term potential like a UO or ragnarok online (my personal favorite) and part of the frustration about DDOS is that so many of us *DO* see the potential and so it is frustrating to wait years to play a version that *counts* towards progress without wipe, so it frustrates everyone involved. Kudos to the devs for keeping the ship steady in this storm and communicating. Amazing communication, to be honest
  • Guys, what if i bought the veteran pack on the July 2th, played a while on pre release to test the game. And on release of veteran (July 19th), i DIDNT log or create my character yet, because i was reading about the status and unstability of the game, i created my character on the August 1th, asuming it would have been better by then, but not because i bought the game Aug 1th, because it was known that it was giving problems and i tough it would better to try it later...

I belive i should be covered by the release 7 days of premium problems too right?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zayuke ().