Gold Seller & Friends

• Gold Seller & Friends

Just to share a quick story with you guys.
    • Yesterday Snapple informed me about someone who did contact him on discord to sell Silver.
    • Instead of banning him right away ...
    • ... we thought it may be more interesting to play along and find out who he is ingame.
    • So Snapple was pulling out some great actor skills and did pretend to buy something

But see for yourself he was so kind to record it on Video:

In case you missed it at the end we also banned 4-5 related accounts with it. Plus 3-4 accounts who already bought gold from him!
  • Bercilak wrote:

Just to share a quick story with you guys.
    • Yesterday Snapple informed me about someone who did contact him on discord to sell Silver.
    • Instead of banning him right away ...
    • ... we thought it may be more interesting to play along and find out who he is ingame.
    • So Snapple was pulling out some great actor skills and did pretend to buy something

But see for yourself he was so kind to record it on Video:

In case you missed it at the end we also banned 4-5 related accounts with it. Plus 3-4 accounts who already bought gold from him!
    Said it before you are going out banning someone selling gold not even affecting a website what so ever.

Meanwhile there are tickets that are days old and posts on this forum that are days old.

Also you decide to post this and not tell us about extended maintenance.. like banning gold sellers is something that is going to effect us.

WE DONT CARE IF PEOPLE ARE SELLING GOLD OR SILVER SEEING AS THE COMPANY IS ALREADY DOING IT.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD WE CARE IF YOU ARE GOING AND BANNING PEOPLE FOR DOING IT, WE ARENT THE ONES LOSING MONEY FROM IT.

Get your GMS to respond to some tickets about missing items from the market you know things that actually effect us as gold selling and silver selling DO NOT.

Thank you for spending the time to make and post this video, I hope you get your gold and silver farmers under control but in the mean time please do something about the ZOOMHACKS which have been here since beta. Fix your client so it cant be modified and do something for the community, maybe add more expeditions I played them all in a day and now its repetitive as fuck.

Sorry im not a stupid sheep like most of this community and I can actually see what you guys care about and what drives you and how little you actually care about providing us with a game full of content.
  • Rizzo wrote:

what can i do about the gold sellers randomly whispering me? i usually just /report name goldseller... not sure if that does the trick though
    You can mute 10 of them but no more than 10 any more mutes than 10 is crazy and shouldnt even be considered... understand why this company is stupid yet? 10 limit on your ignore list.. yeah that barely covers the spammers.. thanks :D
  • Rizzo wrote:

what can i do about the gold sellers randomly whispering me? i usually just /report name goldseller... not sure if that does the trick though
    Lovely. I would have enjoy yo go even further in The 'actor skills' and así for others gold sellers ^^. Google job.

Cryoes wrote:

Laronnar wrote:

Cryoes. Niceee nickname... Suits u. Now go cry a sea to mamá..
    That makes no sense, if names reflected how people acted yours would just be a nose between two ass cheeks.
    Rizzo. Screenshot and report in Forum would be better to have some proofs.

cryoes. Cry me a bit more

The post was edited 1 time, last by Laronnar ().

• DrShocker wrote:

Who cares ??? make a damn game that stays online .... i dont care about people trying to steal your profits ... we are here to play a game not be in some fight about gold sellers
    The company sees them as stopping them from making any money so they want to make it an issue with the players but really we couldnt care less all that's annoying is the spam from them.

People using stolen credit cards to buy gold is a problem PERIOD.

There is no problem with people buying and selling gold among themselves when it comes to effecting the games economy however it hurts the company as that's how they make their money.

So they are going to make it a huge issue, say they are DDOS attacking us and do everything they can to try and turn the community against them and join them on some weird anti RWT holy war...

Sorry but you cant lead this war if your company sells game currency...
  • Laronnar wrote:

Rizzo wrote:

screenshot and report in fórum is better.Lovely. I would have enjoy yo go even further in The 'actor skills' and así for others gold sellers ^^. Google job.

Cryoes wrote:

Laronnar wrote:

Cryoes. Niceee nickname... Suits u. Now go cry a sea to mamá..
    That makes no sense, if names reflected how people acted yours would just be a nose between two ass cheeks.
    cryoes. Cry me a bit more
    It's all good, you can read what I type and just because you can't grasp the basic logic you are going to resort to name calling, I can't help that.. that is just what happens when you are born with that dusty nut sized brain you have.
  • Laronnar wrote:

DrShocker wrote:

Who cares ??? make a damn game that stays online .... i dont care about people trying to steal your profits ... we are here to play a game not be in some fight about gold sellers
    I care. Many of us do. If u dont appreciate It i even prefer u dont Play this game
    No one cares what you prefer. I honestly think its hilarious that this company is going so hard after gold sellers when their entire marketing strategy is to sell currency to its players.. its fucking hilarious.
  • Cryoes wrote:

What a waste of time. The only time you guys actually act or do something is if it effect your pockets.

Hi Cryoes so overall you are right we are a company who has to pay its peoples salary. Maybe a few things which might change your mind slightly:
    • So far all our companys earnings I did invest mainly into new hirings to increase the quality of the game
    • From all 50 employees we have 45 who are working on the game itself. The rest is managing all other topics, like for instance Marketing or the Shop on our website
    • In general we never really spend too much time into our business model, we did more or less copy what EVE did, with a few small changes here and there.
    • Actually this business model (We as a company do not sell anything, Player Trade ingame currency with premium currency) is perfect for a player driven economy.

You havent dealt with how easy your client is to modify since beta what so ever you havent even attempted to stop zoomhacks

Someone tries to step on your silver or gold though you are all up on that shit.
    This is not true. We actually have made it harder to modify, we had nothing in place over a year ago.
    Actually we are banning quite a few people each month for modifying the client. Right now compared to the 1000 gold sellers/buyers we ban it is just a number we have not mentioned.

The reason why nametags are there is also too make this hack irrelevant/less relevant.
    Let me quickly explain why in general it is hard to deal with the topic:
    • The Client must see a bit more than your eyes can see!
    • Otherwise new players would plop in because of normal latency. Turst me you dont want this!

Sorry that your entire marketing strategy involves around selling your currency to your players.. its broken and a stupid strategy.
    Does the same count for EVE? Or is it just us ;)

Not to mention you're posting this while maintenance has been extended... probably to hot fix for the crashes we experienced last night .. oh sorry the DDOS attacks..
    Actually we have made an important step towards DDOS mitigation during todays daily maintenance.

Not to mention in that video you are going after a person selling gold not even a website because you know banning websites wont do anything to them.
    But it was funny was it not?
    "wait ..."
    "Fuck You"

Yes, since you mentioned it it is really hard to get to their websites, it is even more important to go for their accounts ingame. We also try to go for their websites with lawyers, but as you said that is an excercise with only a small chance to succeed. In addition we are currently trying to remove paypal from the gold sellers websites.

Maybe question towards you: What would you have done if someone tells you that this discord member is a gold seller?

So thank you for showing us that you spend your personal time going after people selling gold and silver and banning them. I am sure that is what I would like the dev team doing instead of working on the game.
    I actually have learned over the years that its important to spend a lot of time especially with the game and its players. I am trying to steer the game in the same direction but we have very competent people who are really hard working on the game. I think one of the most dangerous things is a CEO who is not using his companys product and who is not talking to his customers. I am trying to do both and while talking situations like these occur.

Btw: This Gold Seller topic is pretty new for us. During the last days I started a hiring process so we have people who can do that in the future for us on a much more professional basis then I do here.

really they can sell all the gold and silver they want it doesn't fuck up my gaming experience ...
    Ohh actually it does. The key USP of Albion is the player driven economy. If you would not do anything against gold sellers it would have a HUGE effect on the economy since Gold would more or less be unlimited. Not sure if you know but they dont pay for it. They use stolen credit cards and hacked paypal accounts. The gold sellers among themselves would have a price war until you can buy 24.000.000.000 Gold for 10 Cent. Yes it would also affect us as a company we would also not be able to survive, I am not denying this BUT it is a problem for the players too!

Half of your community is retarded and the other half seems to have a huge hard on for you.
    I actually feel more like 2/3 hate me ;)

Btw if you want talk to me in discord maybe I can change your mind about us as a company.

Kind regards,
    Stefan