Can premium be extended via subscriptions at this moment?

• Can premium be extended via subscriptions at this moment?

I've seen the AO subscription page state that premium can only be obtained via gold or silver ingame currently. Is this true?

The reason i'm asking is due to simple economics:
    - Cost of a month's premium status via subscription = 9.99$
    - Cost of a month's premium status via gold purchases (assume a combination of the 750 and 1750 gold packs) = 14,9 $

So, almost a 50% increase in a month's premium status via the currently available smaller gold packages, as opposed to the advertised 9,99$.

Seems like a shitty deal.
  • Daemion wrote:

I've seen the AO subscription page state that premium can only be obtained via gold or silver ingame currently. Is this true?

The reason i'm asking is due to simple economics:
    - Cost of a month's premium status via subscription = 9.99$
    - Cost of a month's premium status via gold purchases (assume a combination of the 750 and 1750 gold packs) = 14,9 $

So, almost a 50% increase in a month's premium status via the currently available smaller gold packages, as opposed to the advertised 9,99$.

Seems like a shitty deal.
    You dont buy gold with real money to pay for sub you buy it to sell it to other players for silver. If you want to pay for sub with real money you just pay for sub directly. Also the bigger gold package you buy the more you get for money and the bigger sub you buy for gold the bigger discount you get.
  • The point is, you can purchase Premium Status with in-game currency you earned playing the game, but it's less expensive in Real Money to purchase it for $10. It makes perfect sense. It would be a grave error to buy gold with Real Money and use that to purchase Premium. But people who can farm the silver successfully can purchase gold from people who use Real Money to buy it and use that silver, in effect, to by Premium. In effect, it's people who are not as good at farming silver paying for another player's Premium.