Where do you see Albion Online in 5 years?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well I guess in 5 years it goes to the "MMO Graveyard" series on YT.
    I've played for about 100 hours till now and I'm pretty bored. I don't see any reason
    to expand my premium status even though I have enough silver on my account to do so.

Why? Well there's really not that much to explore in the lands of Albion for solo and also for groups of players.
    What does it lack compared to other MMO's?

Skills, Skilltrees, ... look at Path of Exile and the number of possible builds and the interaction
    of the items. Heres not really that much.

Gameplay is ok but not really spectacular. It also lacks variety. Lets say switching weaponsets.
    Impactful abilities/spells.

This whole thing with focus and learning points. Leading to many premium alts, ...

Theres very little PvE content. Even if the game is heavily PvP focused, without a good PvE it wont survive for too long.

The world is really tiny. Yeah I should go out into the RZ/BZ I know, but what can I do there that I cannot do in Yellow Zones?
    Every major town can be reached with ~10 min of traveling.

A very small variety of mobs and enemy NPC factions. I'm just tired of seeing the same enemies over and over again.

Disbalanced Economy. Gathering takes way too much time and effort, crafting on the other hand is much faster + safer.

Lack of special items.

Lack of visualization for the world, characters, mobs, ...

Too much loading screens between zones. Come on its 2017 why can't we have a seamingless world by now instead
    we have 100s single battle arenas which can be crossed in like 2 minutes.

Server issues. Heavy lag in cities. Only one central hub.

Way to many tier levels which aside from exponential costs only bring linear benefits. No special perks or abilities.
    Only a different color, come on. It's like Cash of Clans.

Too few Sandbox aspects in a Sandbox MMO. Like discovering new materials, dungeons,
    changing the landscape, terraforming,

Little to player housing. We can't have public buildings like museums, monster farms, ....
  • katysha wrote:

Gathering takes way too much time and effort
    I like my gathering hard. Otherwise all the P2P boys would have high fame there too - only fame worth respecting is gathering fame and PK fame (to a degree, I'm looking at you Zergers).

On a side note, I hope Albion develops into a classic that we talk about in 15 years time when the next fancy thing comes along. You know, how many of us relate this to Runescape.

I'd also gladly welcome more open world mechanics. Traps, pets, specialty and novelty items - Where's my Party Hat? I'm craving for a launch item that'll be rare as hell in years to come.

Goodluck Dev team!
  • katysha wrote:

Well I guess in 5 years it goes to the "MMO Graveyard" series on YT.
    I've played for about 100 hours till now and I'm pretty bored. I don't see any reason
    to expand my premium status even though I have enough silver on my account to do so.

Why? Well there's really not that much to explore in the lands of Albion for solo and also for groups of players.
    What does it lack compared to other MMO's?

Skills, Skilltrees, ... look at Path of Exile and the number of possible builds and the interaction
    of the items. Heres not really that much.

Gameplay is ok but not really spectacular. It also lacks variety. Lets say switching weaponsets.
    Impactful abilities/spells.

This whole thing with focus and learning points. Leading to many premium alts, ...

Theres very little PvE content. Even if the game is heavily PvP focused, without a good PvE it wont survive for too long.

The world is really tiny. Yeah I should go out into the RZ/BZ I know, but what can I do there that I cannot do in Yellow Zones?
    Every major town can be reached with ~10 min of traveling.

A very small variety of mobs and enemy NPC factions. I'm just tired of seeing the same enemies over and over again.

Disbalanced Economy. Gathering takes way too much time and effort, crafting on the other hand is much faster + safer.

Lack of special items.

Lack of visualization for the world, characters, mobs, ...

Too much loading screens between zones. Come on its 2017 why can't we have a seamingless world by now instead
    we have 100s single battle arenas which can be crossed in like 2 minutes.

Server issues. Heavy lag in cities. Only one central hub.

Way to many tier levels which aside from exponential costs only bring linear benefits. No special perks or abilities.
    Only a different color, come on. It's like Cash of Clans.

Too few Sandbox aspects in a Sandbox MMO. Like discovering new materials, dungeons,
    changing the landscape, terraforming,

Little to player housing. We can't have public buildings like museums, monster farms, ....
    This.

Couldn't have said it better.

For me PvP is a main aspect of the game but the same mobs over and over is so fucking boring I feel like crying about it. PvE needs a big change and a lot of things added to it. The game has so much potential and it's up my street on what kind of MMO I like to play but it's just lacking so much basic shit it's sad.

All the things listed should have been thought of and sorted in BETA, the fact they're not even here on release is worrying.

If the first few content updates aren't good enough i'll be hopping to a different game.

In advance to those who are going to reply saying "don't care", "your bad", "less lag for the server", fuck off.
    I just like having a laugh.

dontgetmadtho
  • Toastbr0t wrote:

graymouser wrote:

AND above all it's far too easy
    somehow i doubt you've reached 2k+ or cleared any mythic content
    Yes true I didn't do that yet. And maybe I should try it before I write this judgment. You gave me a little bit of appetite/hope for trying WoW again just now. One of the reasons I chose AO over WoW is that i was always worrying that the whole care bear theme park railway was going to remain similar until the end. it's really like an endless ticking off of mostly too easy tasks. I wonder why they don't bring the challenging content right from the beginning, instead of that endless treadmill. In AO everything happens now, not at the end of the tunnel. Also the fact that WoW was much more attractive to me as it was in the vanilla stage (which I sadly missed due to having other priorities than gaming during that period) and that they all broke that down for the sake of taking away frustration (which goes diametrically against my personal philosophy) is a bit too much decadence for my cup of tea I just feel sorry for that game. This always demotivates my while playing wow.

The post was edited 1 time, last by graymouser ().

• graymouser wrote:

Toastbr0t wrote:

graymouser wrote:

Yes true I didn't do that yet. And maybe I should try it before I write this judgment. You gave me a little bit of appetite/hope for trying WoW again just now. One of the reasons I chose AO over WoW is that i was always worrying that the whole care bear theme park railway was going to remain similar until the end. it's really like an endless ticking off of mostly too easy tasks. I wonder why they don't bring the challenging content right from the beginning, instead of that endless treadmill. In AO everything happens now, not at the end of the tunnel. Also the fact that WoW was much more attractive to me as it was in the vanilla stage (which I sadly missed due to having other priorities than gaming during that period) and that they all broke that down for the sake of taking away frustration (which goes diametrically against my personal philosophy) is a bit too much decadence for my cup of tea I just feel sorry for that game. This always demotivates my while playing wow.
    Legion has actually so far been one of the better expansions probably the best since WOTLK and I dont say that lightly. There's lots to do and clearing mythic is challenging and fun.
  • Toastbr0t wrote:

graymouser wrote:

Toastbr0t wrote:

graymouser wrote:

Legion has actually so far been one of the better expansions probably the best since WOTLK and I dont say that lightly. There's lots to do and clearing mythic is challenging and fun.
    Yes, I did not reach the Legion expansion area. So I cannot tell.
  • Albion will not exist in 5 years. Why? Because of the success of this game companies are already copying this model and will out do Albion Online 10 fold. The maps will be better. The pvp will be better. The trading will be better. The game will be better.

Albion Online is not some elaborate MMO. In fact if you really look at the core of the game there is maybe 10% of an actual MMO released today in terms of content. The armor and abilities are lack luster. The weapons are not unique enough. The entire map is a copy and paste of itself some where in the game. There are not enough PVE mobs to grind for the population. Its actually a pretty basic bitch game, and the only thing it has going for it is the fact it has full item loot pvp. With out that one thing this game would be a ghost town.

So basically all someone has to do is make a game like this with full item loot pvp and put just a little bit of effort into it and they beat this game.
    The True Victor.

Make Albion Great Again!
  • Dead and failed. Great idea too many problems if they don't fix it. I came to this game because of UO and wanted the PVP part of it but WAY too many issues so far. I hate saying negative things about things but for one the customer service on this game is HORRIBLE. If they can not fix a Ddos problem they got lots of issues ahead of them. This is a typical problem for most MMORPG so they should of expected it and had plans already in play for this. If they did have plans they failed. Most company would of moved there server already and moved on from the company hosting them. The company hosting there servers are doing a horrible job dealing with the issue on hand IF it is a DDos attack. I'm still pondering if it is because how long it is taking for them to resolve this issue.