Remove silver trading between players, to combat silver sellers.

• Remove silver trading between players, to combat silver sellers.

Already removed gold trading between players. Take it a step further and remove all currency trading between players. No direct deposits to guilds. Guilds could still amass silver by taxing their members. Now the only way gold sellers could work, is by buying items, reselling on market, or advertising items to players. Would be more problematic for them instead of spamming x silver for x $, now they would have to acquire items and sell them. With the gold market flux, pricing items for them would be troublesome and time consuming.
  • All I use the gold market for is a convenient way to 'park' extra funding that I earn, and save towards future projects and/or the possibility that I will buy premium with gold in the future. I don't understand how the gold market is in any way integral to the economy. The only gold sinks are vanity items and buying the premium upgrade. I don't say this from a deep, deep understanding of how the gold/silver economy works, so somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Zarf wrote:

Already removed gold trading between players. Take it a step further and remove all currency trading between players. No direct deposits to guilds. Guilds could still amass silver by taxing their members. Now the only way gold sellers could work, is by buying items, reselling on market, or advertising items to players. Would be more problematic for them instead of spamming x silver for x $, now they would have to acquire items and sell them. With the gold market flux, pricing items for them would be troublesome and time consuming.
    This doesn't work because a player can sell an item on market at an inflated price or items and have gold sellers buy it nothing solved.
  • AntiGoldSeller8192 wrote:

Zarf wrote:

This doesn't work because a player can sell an item on market at an inflated price or items and have gold sellers buy it nothing solved.
    That is really obvious detectable behavior. A silver/gold-seller can do that a few times before their account would easily be flagged.
  • Bercilak wrote:

Removing silver trade completely will not be an option right now, therefore it is too important. But we may limit the amount you can trade to your progress in the game > The more fame - The more silver you can trade.

Kind regards,
    Stefan

i do not see why remove silver is important, we could still use market for exchange

but if you plan to limit silver amount an alt can carry, depending on fame, that woud be very boring (non sandbox spirit)

thx :thumbup:
    IGN: LewdPriest
  • Zarf wrote:

why? Would wreck the game
  • Removing silver trade wouldnt help either, then they would trade items of certain value (Hightier Resources, runes, food) ... in real life cigarettes or similar (Chocolate, food, gemstones,shells) where use in situation where money didnt work.

Strangley enough it seems the gold seller spam is "location" based inparticular to the lower (green) zones. Caelorn and the outland black zone seems almost spam free and less effected.

I have only gotten 1-2 "wispers" yet in my whole extensive play time so far.

If i compared that to a F2P Blades and soul release last year - where the chat was completed full with gold spam and unbearable to read - AO is heaven,but maybe i was just lucky enough to escape their spam somehow.
    Well I hope SI gets those server downs/ddos attack under control soon ... but unfortunatly it does take time and code and infrastructure changes.
  • Just to point out this: how about players with multiple chars that need to exchange money for islands upgrades and such? I'm in that situation and I've got one money maker char at the moment, as I focus on its sole progress only. I'd be right annoyed if I couldn't trade with my alts to let them upgrade their islands as my farming needs grow.