Albion Informer - S1E06: The Iron Bank Drama - Are Gold Sellers Costing You Silver?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Shozen schrieb:

We investigate the Iron Bank Drama including the effects of illegal gold sales and how they directly impacted the Iron Bank.

Sharka the GM of the Iron Bank gives a detailed and well spoken account of the events that led up to where we are now.

More Albion Informer available at
    albioninformer.com/podcast/

@Korn @Bercilak

Thanks for finding this problem, but I will respectfully look at it 2 ways.

A.) Iron Ban, is telling the truth and nothing but the truth which I personally believe the guild is don't see a reason to why anyone here would lie I would like to point out this is a serious issue and what is Sandbox Interactive Going to do to prevent in in the future?

B.) Iron Bank lies, simple to create another account and use stolen information from the dark net, change your IP address and use a lap-top to commit thhe fraud bid on yourself for free gold, and then make a big public out-cry to get the gold back im not saying this is what happened, but im saying this could be easy for anyone to do.

I would like to know what sandbox interactive is doing to prevent this bullshit from happening on next land auction?

. You could remove the ability to directly trade gold to silver.
    . Fix it so silver can be converted to gold for example 1000 silver coverted to gold can be converted back in gold profits at a later time.

. Fix it so if people can exchange gold, but it would have to be someone with X number of hours actually played on their accounts, and X number of fame to prevent gold sellers from doing this activity, and then monitor people closely for cheating.

. When is the Anti Cheat coming.

. When is the Website security coming to prevent cheaters and throw away accounts.

I know this is a lot to deal with, and I know I am guilty of buying $30 of silver too and getting banned so I am sorry for disrupting the game and want to do nothing more than see this shit gone.
  • Plantagenet schrieb:

Harbonah schrieb:

I also have to laugh because the thing you are accusing gold sellers of doing is exactly why Iron Bank was created in the first please. Iron Bank existed to leverage large amounts of premium currency to manipulate the market prices and provide profits for the Iron Bank guild.
    Except the part where IB was using legal and legitimate gold and silver, and the Goldsellers were using illegal and illegitimate funds gained through criminal acts...
    You can't show up to an auction, bid on a Monet with monopoly money, get kicked out by security and have your bids still count.

You can on Albion Online
  • Harbonah schrieb:

burt schrieb:

Harbonah schrieb:

Shozen schrieb:

We investigate the Iron Bank Drama including the effects of illegal gold sales and how they directly impacted the Iron Bank.

Sharka the GM of the Iron Bank gives a detailed and well spoken account of the events that led up to where we are now.

More Albion Informer available at
    albioninformer.com/podcast/

Unless you get both sides of the story you are not investigating anything. You are providing propaganda. Sharka's story is only one side of the story and I have my doubts that he is an innocent and clear cut as he says he is. It is just as likely that he had an RMT deal with a gold/silver seller that went bad and they decided to punish his group by taking away the money printing machine and cutting out the middle man.
    The podcast covered reaching out to SBI and what they had to say, Iron Bank and what they had to say. I take it you mean they should have reached out to the gold sellers???
    Guess the true story will never get out then unless you go all Alex Jones on this case.
    full Alex jones: make up random shit and sell fake supplements to trump cult supporters? How is that going to help?
  • I understand SBI when they say it is legitimate. Whether it is botted or not does not play a factor o the legitimacy of the silver. Its like saying robbing a bank results in monopoly money. Its real money, but you will go to jail for doing it IF caught.

I have played a lot of games and almost ALL of them have had some form of gold sellers or character purchasing. Its an unfortunate truth, the best the devs can do is ban them and ban those that are caught buying it. Its just like in professional sports, some athletes take a risk and use Steroids.

IB is right that the mechanics for plots is pay to win. But I stand by my original response stating that the gold sellers are no different than someone swiping a credit card to do so. IB understood the mechanics of the plot auctions and failed in their execution.

IB earned their money legit, the gold sellers laundered money. Money is money as long as it isnt duped. Risk vs reward. SBI didnt have to refund anything. Period.

Personally I think IB should have told their guild what was happening and NOT have bid on the plots and let them go to the gold sellers. It would have forced SBI's hand in what to do. Instead you chose the wrong play and then quit. Why bid if you're going to quit? ....even if you said it was because of principal you still claim you could have made up the money in a week or so. So why "disband" the entire guild. You could have brought a lot of attention to it, made SBI fix the mechanics or w/e and then carried forward.

I dont think his statements are lies, I think they didnt think it through and were emotional about it which led to dumb decisions.

Finally, I think it should have been asked if Sharka knows of anyone behind the DDOS attacks. They seem to have picked up since this "broke".

TLDR: IB didnt play the hand right. Gold Sellers suck, but its part of modern gaming.
  • The gold sellers stand to lose money through DDOS attacks. People not playing = people not buying illegal gold and silver. Iron Bank on the other hand does gain somthing from the DDOS attacks. They get anger directed at the gold sellers that just screwed them over AND addition pressure put on SBI through releasing their public comments to everyone who will listen.

NEXT ON ALEX JONES! DID IRON BANK LAUNCH A FALSE FLAG ATTACK ON SBI'S SERVERS TO CAUSE A WAR BETWEEN SBI AND GOLD FARMERS?

Purchase my Manhango Male enhancement supplement while you are at it. Made from 100% all natural goat spleen and horse nads only 99,99 per bottle.....
  • very good listen, but im not 100% sold on it. you guys mention in the podcast that you wanted to give SBI the benefit of the doubt and that they offered you two options: wait for a full investigation or take the payout. it seems like you just said that benefit of the doubt bit to save face during the podcast.

why do i say that? you didn't like the fact that SBI isnt trumpeting the incident from the highest rooftops so you took your ball and went home. that little bit about 'a spy' leaking the full transcript to reddit is pretty convienent too, given that it happened the day of you all deciding to get belligerent with SI and quit. why didn't the spy put out all the drama the day of the happening or shortly afterwards?

yeah it's easy to buy your story about the devs fucking you guys but i smell something rotten
  • Blazing schrieb:

very good listen, but im not 100% sold on it. you guys mention in the podcast that you wanted to give SBI the benefit of the doubt and that they offered you two options: wait for a full investigation or take the payout. it seems like you just said that benefit of the doubt bit to save face during the podcast.

why do i say that? you didn't like the fact that SBI isnt trumpeting the incident from the highest rooftops so you took your ball and went home. that little bit about 'a spy' leaking the full transcript to reddit is pretty convienent too, given that it happened the day of you all deciding to get belligerent with SI and quit. why didn't the spy put out all the drama the day of the happening or shortly afterwards?

yeah it's easy to buy your story about the devs fucking you guys but i smell something rotten
    Please quote me to the times at which they spoke about the things which you do not believe to be true and i will clarify. I cannot understand from your writing (maybe has to do with the fact it is 8 am and i havent slept yet).
    The spy leaked about this on reddit during the meeting we were having which lasted approximately 2-3 hours. Someone noticed the post on reddit and put it in our discord chat while we were still having the meeting, maybe 10 minutes or so after the leaders announced that they were going to quit the game. The leaders were not going to quit the same day as the meeting was held and were going to prepare things to liquidate into silver to pay off the founders as well as set up a good monetary infrastructure for those who wish to carry on with the IB, in a different, new guild. The spy did in fact put out all the drama EXACTLY when Sharka and the directors were telling the whole guild what was actually happening. They kept everything secret to us until the last second, while the guild was getting frustrated because "nothing" was happening and we felt like we hit a standstill. It took everybody by surprise and people were getting angry/sad over it left and right.
  • Hello guys,

let me share a few words

• Did I handle the situation well? - No I did not.
    • Why not? - I was unsure what was the right thing to do here! (we always want to do everything right at least)
      • +Stress through the current DDOS situation
      • +trying to take care of issues myself when I get PMed in Discord > Overload of things I do.
    • Did I overreact when I noticed that the guys wanted to make a huge drama out of it? - Yes (I was literally pissed off)
    • There was a big misunderstanding which you can see also in AngryBudhas Chat Logs which he shares ;)
      • I ask him which option he prefers
        • a) Get 50% of the sum right now
        • b) I investigate further which takes a month (month was too much probably but it would take probably a week or two until someone would have time to look at it)
        • Cause again the logs we have for biddings are really bad. I did already spend an hour myself trying to get to details and just solved one plot.
      • He answers with a longer text where I don't see it right away that he prefers b)[/b]
      • Therefore I ask him again what he prefers (see his log)[/b]
      • And that point he ignores my 2nd question (which gives me a bit the feeling that they already decided what their course of action was)[/b]
    • In the end I am happy to give them what they asked for cause I should have paid more attention. I want to (in their favor) solve this case really quick.
    • But this is also not good enough now?

Trust me I could have preferred not to have this whole drama. And I am happy to admit that I should have acted here differently in many ways.
    However what I would highly disagree with is your underlying tone of that we do not protect players. In the last days/weeks we have taken so many steps to fight gold sellers:

• We have taken ingame decisions to make it harder for them (remove gold trading, sth for silver and gold-silver market will follow soon without limiting normal players)
    • We have increased our team to ban them faster
    • Two normal employees which have nothing to do with the topic in general volunteered to do night shifts until we have setup a team to ban them the moment they buy
    • We are not making any compromise! - Everyone involved with gold sellers will get permanently banned!
    • We are probably one of the only companies who perma bans also the buyers!
    • -> Leading to a lot of threads with people claiming to have nothing to do with it. And yet I have not found one case where someone was innocent or could proove me that he knows his chinese friend with the account name "Xasdq2"
    • We have hired lawyers to go against their websites (we are not Blizzard for us these are real costs)
    • We are currently cooperating with PayPal and make sure that PayPal will get removed from the GoldSellers websites as an option to buy illegal gold.
    • We have implemented a very expensive technology to recognise fraud payments.
    So I can live with the accusation that I personally messed up here, but we as a company do everything possible to fight gold sellers! More actions will follow.

Kind regards,
    Stefan

PS.: For me this is the final statement for this topic. I will also close the thread here. Cause to a certain degree I have the feeling that right now we are not looking for a solution anymore but just throwing dirt at each other.
    PPS.: Apologies to the two guys for me not handling that situation better, I hope that I will learn from it for the future!