I found a fix for the Linux Sound Bug [Debian JESSIE]

• I found a fix for the Linux Sound Bug [Debian JESSIE]

I got it my sound to work, but a slightly different method to what is posted on the forum fix.

DEBIAN JESSIE

apt-get install libqt5webkit5 libqt5widgets5 libqt5quickwidgets5

Not sure if you can remove the middle widget one or not, I have not tried.

Shell-Script

1. #!/bin/sh
    2. SCRIPT=$(readlink -f "$0")
    3. SCRIPTPATH=$(dirname "$SCRIPT")
    4. #export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib
    5. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$SCRIPTPATH/launcher"
    6. #export QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/qt/plugins/platforms
    7. export QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH="$SCRIPTPATH/launcher/plugins/platforms"
    8. #export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/qt/plugins
    9. export QT_PLUGIN_PATH="$SCRIPTPATH/launcher/plugins/"
    10. sed -i -e '/Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode/d' "$HOME/.config/unity3d/Sandbox Interactive GmbH/Albion Online Client/prefs"
    11. sed -i -e '/Screenmanager Resolution Height/d' "$HOME/.config/unity3d/Sandbox Interactive GmbH/Albion Online Client/prefs"
    12. sed -i -e '/Screenmanager Resolution Width/d' "$HOME/.config/unity3d/Sandbox Interactive GmbH/Albion Online Client/prefs"
    13. LD_PRELOAD=~/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL2-2.0.so.0 "$SCRIPTPATH/launcher/Albion-Online"
    Display All

What I changed is this script is I added /steam/ to the LD_PRELOAD line. Before it was ../.steam/ubuntu12_32, now its ../.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32

There is also other packages installed from that thread that should fix the sound. My system couldn't locate those packages metioned in the other thread that I cannot locate now.