DDOS & Ping

• DDOS & Ping

Just a quick question as I am not to famiar with how DDOS works.

Before the attacks my ping was a steady 115-130 ms max.

Now I get wild fluctuates between 115-500 ms or so, averaging at 135 ms (so about 15-20 ms more than before the attack.)

So my first question is can the DDOS attack affect ping for the user?

My second question is will the ping settle down as it is rather frustrating dropping frames and rubber banding at least every 5 mins or so.

Thanks in advance.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Balabhadra ().

• DDOS will affect server response that will be more and more long (worst case : server will not answer to any client), so yes it will affect ping of the user.
    Ping is just the response speed of flow that is established between the server on your computer, so big the ping will be, bigger will be the lag on game (lost of frame, return to the initial position when moving, and worst lost connection with the server (and then user/client is disconnected...))

The post was edited 1 time, last by n00byX ().

• Balabhadra wrote:

Now I get wild fluctuates between 115-500 ms or so, averaging at 135 ms (so about 15-20 ms more than before the attack.)

My second question is will the ping settle down as it is rather frustrating dropping frames and rubber banding at least every 5 mins or so.

Thanks in advance.
    you asked such a stupid question
  • equilor wrote:

Balabhadra wrote:

Thanks in advance.
    What is so stupid on his question? Just because it is trivial matter for you does not mean everyone else have to know it as well as you do. He is doing it right by asking rhater than crying for having ping increased.

Should I consider question of how time dilatation or lenght contraction could be proved by shifting rectangular triangle in time a stupid question just because it is something I have learned years ago when I was deeply interested into physics? I don't think so.
  • KRBeC wrote:

equilor wrote:

Balabhadra wrote:

Thanks in advance.
    What is so stupid on his question? Just because it is trivial matter for you does not mean everyone else have to know it as well as you do. He is doing it right by asking rhater than crying for having ping increased.
    Should I consider question of how time dilatation or lenght contraction could be proved by shifting rectangular triangle in time a stupid question just because it is something I have learned years ago when I was deeply interested into physics? I don't think so.
    you are so stupid. thats the answer.
  • equilor wrote:

KRBeC wrote:

equilor wrote:

Balabhadra wrote:

Thanks in advance.
    What is so stupid on his question? Just because it is trivial matter for you does not mean everyone else have to know it as well as you do. He is doing it right by asking rhater than crying for having ping increased.Should I consider question of how time dilatation or lenght contraction could be proved by shifting rectangular triangle in time a stupid question just because it is something I have learned years ago when I was deeply interested into physics? I don't think so.
    I am afraid we do not all have the good fortune to be as highly educated and eloquent as your esteemed self, dear equilor.

Alas! Alas! My lamentable fate!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Balabhadra ().

• equilor wrote:

KRBeC wrote:

equilor wrote:

Balabhadra wrote:

Thanks in advance.
    What is so stupid on his question? Just because it is trivial matter for you does not mean everyone else have to know it as well as you do. He is doing it right by asking rhater than crying for having ping increased.Should I consider question of how time dilatation or lenght contraction could be proved by shifting rectangular triangle in time a stupid question just because it is something I have learned years ago when I was deeply interested into physics? I don't think so.
    Could you please explain yourself a bit? So far I have only realised "stupid" is your favourite word. Perhaps you have heard the word too often when you was younger. It still gives you no reason to insult others while being unable to discuss with others at level of average human being nor helping to answer question gien by other players in here.

Seriously we don't need toxic players in this community, so if you cannot behave yourself, you should be gone.