Suggestion on how to Stop DDoS

• odoyle wrote:

Speakmore wrote:

odoyle wrote:

Sigh, millennials, "if I can't find it on google it must not exist". Maybe ask your dad?

Odoyle Rules
    No? My point is, educate us that need to be educated on the topic - especially considering you think you're better than the SBI team right now. So drop us a lesson and how "XJ5 is the fix to the game." Stop signing your posts too, I can look to the left to see who the fuck posted it.
    When did I say I was better than the SBI team? I was offering some of my personal experiences. You millennials should try to be less offended by everything. Also who do you think you are telling me what I can and cannot sign? Seems like you think you're better than me.
    Odoyle Rules
    My point is, you aren't the first on here to act like you know more than them. A relevant example was the 10-15 threads yesterday telling them just to get CloudFlare and how garbage they are, this and that. For those who already don't know this: support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-u…rotect-game-server-ports-

So my statement was pointing out that you're acting as if you are better than them and more knowledgeable. Once again, this was perceived through your thread and lack of content but just a recommendation of XJ5 router that should solve all issues. I'm not offended by anything you say, you're irrelevant. Thus why this thread isn't and hasn't been taken into consideration. I offered a valid suggestion that you should try educating us that have no idea what this is that you're talking about (other than the Teenage Robot) and maybe you'll get a Staff response. Instead you left the post with lack-luster information and nothing too productive other than a product suggestion with no details.

teddyrumperfeldt wrote:

Thefatsloth wrote:

Here we go with more DDOS experts.
    If you don't know what you're talking about, please post elsewhere. Otherwise please free to correct any inaccuracies
    - Teddy "the rump" Rumperfeldt
    Teddy... Please buddy. You called yourself a "PvP Superstar" which right there is an inaccuracy. Anyone that has to depict that on the forums (because we already don't know you), clearly means you're not one. Let me just post this here: albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/g4A53efsQz-811rPFni6vg - So go fix your "inaccuracies."

#rumped
  • Speakmore wrote:

odoyle wrote:

Speakmore wrote:

odoyle wrote:

Sigh, millennials, "if I can't find it on google it must not exist". Maybe ask your dad?

Odoyle Rules
    No? My point is, educate us that need to be educated on the topic - especially considering you think you're better than the SBI team right now. So drop us a lesson and how "XJ5 is the fix to the game." Stop signing your posts too, I can look to the left to see who the fuck posted it.
    When did I say I was better than the SBI team? I was offering some of my personal experiences. You millennials should try to be less offended by everything. Also who do you think you are telling me what I can and cannot sign? Seems like you think you're better than me.Odoyle Rules
    My point is, you aren't the first on here to act like you know more than them. A relevant example was the 10-15 threads yesterday telling them just to get CloudFlare and how garbage they are, this and that. For those who already don't know this: support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-u…rotect-game-server-ports-
    So my statement was pointing out that you're acting as if you are better than them and more knowledgeable. Once again, this was perceived through your thread and lack of content but just a recommendation of XJ5 router that should solve all issues. I'm not offended by anything you say, you're irrelevant. Thus why this thread isn't and hasn't been taken into consideration. I offered a valid suggestion that you should try educating us that have no idea what this is that you're talking about (other than the Teenage Robot) and maybe you'll get a Staff response. Instead you left the post with lack-luster information and nothing too productive other than a product suggestion with no details.
    TL;DR

Odoyle Rules
  • zeitskeet wrote:

Also, speakmore - maybe you should speakless.
    Original

odoyle wrote:

Speakmore wrote:

odoyle wrote:

Speakmore wrote:

odoyle wrote:

Odoyle Rules
    When did I say I was better than the SBI team? I was offering some of my personal experiences. You millennials should try to be less offended by everything. Also who do you think you are telling me what I can and cannot sign? Seems like you think you're better than me.Odoyle Rules
    My point is, you aren't the first on here to act like you know more than them. A relevant example was the 10-15 threads yesterday telling them just to get CloudFlare and how garbage they are, this and that. For those who already don't know this: support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-u…rotect-game-server-ports-So my statement was pointing out that you're acting as if you are better than them and more knowledgeable. Once again, this was perceived through your thread and lack of content but just a recommendation of XJ5 router that should solve all issues. I'm not offended by anything you say, you're irrelevant. Thus why this thread isn't and hasn't been taken into consideration. I offered a valid suggestion that you should try educating us that have no idea what this is that you're talking about (other than the Teenage Robot) and maybe you'll get a Staff response. Instead you left the post with lack-luster information and nothing too productive other than a product suggestion with no details.
    TL;DR
    Odoyle Rules
    Thank you for proving my point. Continue to call me/us "millennials" when you can't even read a counter-argument to your thread. Not to mention, I wasn't even bashing; rather suggesting that you inform us who have no information/knowledge like the wizard you are. Instead, you get butt-hurt and salty and crawl back up in your cave.

Speakmore Rules
  • Speakmore wrote:

teddyrumperfeldt wrote:

Thefatsloth wrote:

If you don't know what you're talking about, please post elsewhere. Otherwise please free to correct any inaccuracies- Teddy "the rump" Rumperfeldt
    Teddy... Please buddy. You called yourself a "PvP Superstar" which right there is an inaccuracy. Anyone that has to depict that on the forums (because we already don't know you), clearly means you're not one. Let me just post this here: albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/g4A53efsQz-811rPFni6vg - So go fix your "inaccuracies."
    #rumped
    Listen, son. I've been playing this game since you were in diapers. The fact that I have zero records of PvP in this game should illuminate for you the data integrity issues that the servers are having with respect to the DDoS attacks. The fact that you're calling them "my" inaccuracies and not AO's terrible network issues is flat out insulting.

Secondly, DDoS protection does exist for literally any network service regardless of which ports one provider may or may not guarantee. Just because Cloudflare doesn't support AO's tcp ports doesn't mean no one does. Man you are just loading up the logical fallacies.

Finally, I think it's comical that just because you've can't find any Google search results for very very specialized piece network hardware that it must not exist. It's clear you're way out of your element here and you should go back to posting in the crafting forums.

#speakLess
  • iCapital wrote:

Lol at those who truly believe they fixed the same exact server issues we are having now that started during lunch literally the night before these alleged DDOS attacks started.

I lulz at the gullibility some of you plebs have. They played you.
    Make the bet with Korn and have them fly you out. All you have to do is wager more than $5,000. You're so confident in every post you've made on this topic amongst all the threads, I don't see why you haven't taken them up on 10:1 odds. Typically when someone offers you those odds on a large sum of money, you're not coming back with any.

teddyrumperfeldt wrote:

Speakmore wrote:

teddyrumperfeldt wrote:

If you don't know what you're talking about, please post elsewhere. Otherwise please free to correct any inaccuracies- Teddy "the rump" Rumperfeldt
    Teddy... Please buddy. You called yourself a "PvP Superstar" which right there is an inaccuracy. Anyone that has to depict that on the forums (because we already don't know you), clearly means you're not one. Let me just post this here: albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/g4A53efsQz-811rPFni6vg - So go fix your "inaccuracies."#rumped
    Listen, son. I've been playing this game since you were in diapers. The fact that I have zero records of PvP in this game should illuminate for you the data integrity issues that the servers are having with respect to the DDoS attacks. The fact that you're calling them "my" inaccuracies and not AO's terrible network issues is flat out insulting.
    Secondly, DDoS protection does exist for literally any network service regardless of which ports one provider may or may not guarantee. Just because Cloudflare doesn't support AO's tcp ports doesn't mean no one does. Man you are just loading up the logical fallacies.

Finally, I think it's comical that just because you've can't find any Google search results for very very specialized piece network hardware that it must not exist. It's clear you're way out of your element here and you should go back to posting in the crafting forums.

#speakLess
    I've played the game since it was out... So like, no you haven't? That would also put me at the age of 5, which would make me one of the smartest 5 year olds... ever? It's actually your inaccuracy. You aren't a PvP Superstar/Legend. No one has heard of you, nor will. You don't PvP. The Leaderboard isn't delayed, wrong, or whatever your excuse. Type in any other name, here's mine: albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/KbZGsHsGRjyuAFOjm7lq5A

2nd, I understand that. My point was towards the 15 threads yesterday (don't think you made one, but could be wrong) that were stating "omg fucking noobs just get CloudFlare." It was an example, which you've now dug too deep into.

I didn't say it doesn't exist. So, I find it comical that either you can't read, or you're just putting words in my mouth. I have 0 crafting fame, so that would be awkward if I went back there to post. Sit in your blue zones buddy, SuperStar PvPer #Rumped.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Speakmore ().

• Sorry "SpeakLess" but I have the same issue as Teddy here with my PvP stats not showing up due to the DDoS attack that you keep saying is 'fake news'.

If they started listening to their educated players like us about using the XJ5 this problem would have been fixed weeks ago.

Perhaps you should take a break from the game and the internet.

We're working on solutions and you're just working on trolling this thread.

#speakless

With love,
    ZeitSKEET
  • badllama wrote:

SBI have you checked your TCP/IP settings? I hear checking these setting can help with stability.

Also, have you looked into the XJ5 router? There is no better router on the market and I highly recommend looking into it to try and solves your server problems. <3
    Our admins did not know what TCP/IP is, but they said it sounds complicated.

We just ordered the XJ5, performance will be through the roof, possibly a bit shaky.
  • Speakmore wrote:

I've played the game since it was out... So like, no you haven't? That would also put me at the age of 5, which would make me one of the smartest 5 year olds... ever? It's actually your inaccuracy. You aren't a PvP Superstar/Legend. No one has heard of you, nor will. You don't PvP. The Leaderboard isn't delayed, wrong, or whatever your excuse. Type in any other name, here's mine: albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/KbZGsHsGRjyuAFOjm7lq5A

2nd, I understand that. My point was towards the 15 threads yesterday (don't think you made one, but could be wrong) that were stating "omg fucking noobs just get CloudFlare." It was an example, which you've now dug too deep into.

I didn't say it doesn't exist. So, I find it comical that either you can't read, or you're just putting words in my mouth. I have 0 crafting fame, so that would be awkward if I went back there to post. Sit in your blue zones buddy, SuperStar PvPer #Rumped.
    1) I'm very impressed that you're able to divine that status of AO's servers through sheer telepathic force of will. You should put your abilities to good use at the NSA. Just because your stats work doesn't mean everyone's does. Keep resorting to that fallacious defense mechanism of yours.

2) Thank you so much for taking the opportunity to address all 15 of those other threads in this very thread, the thread for constructive ideas.

Are there any other threads that you would like to address in here?

#stumped by the rump
    #speak less
    #the adults are talkaing

The post was edited 1 time, last by teddyrumperfeldt ().

• Korn wrote:

badllama wrote:

SBI have you checked your TCP/IP settings? I hear checking these setting can help with stability.

Also, have you looked into the XJ5 router? There is no better router on the market and I highly recommend looking into it to try and solves your server problems. <3
    We just ordered the XJ5, performance will be through the roof, possibly a bit shaky.
    Holy fuck this is next level. Some people are gonna have a hay day with this response. WHERE IS YOUR /S @Korn
  • Korn wrote:

badllama wrote:

Respect for the transparency and congrats on your XJ5 purchase. Really enjoying the game so far, keep up the good work.

Odoyle Rules
  • Korn wrote:

badllama wrote:

This is great news, I am happy to see the dev team taking this issues seriously. Please let me know if you need help checking your tcp/ip setting while configuring your XJ5.
  • Long time lurker, first time poster here...

I just want to applaud ALL of those involved in this thread giving positive, constructive feedback. The forums can sometimes be overwhelmingly negative and it's refreshing to see the community band together to find real-world solutions to a difficult problem.

As a former network engineer myself (I dug the trenches that telecoms would lay fiber in), I think the proposed solutions sound fantastic.

My nephew, Nathan, said he'd be willing to assist if we run into any issues after checking the tcp/ip settings.

Thank you for your time.

Chodeman 'Chodeman5000' 5000
  • teddyrumperfeldt wrote:

Thefatsloth wrote:

teddyrumperfeldt wrote:

Thefatsloth wrote:

You don't know what you're talking about, otherwise they probably would have taken your advice, used it, and fixed all the problems.But it's just not that simple, and if it was, it would be taken care of by now.

If you have a real suggestion, I would suggest you actually email them instead of just posting in the forums to get proven wrong and roasted.
    Just because they haven't taken my advice doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about. Obvious logical fallacy. I'll have you know that I work in OPSEC for a living (and I make a very good living).
    They're probably just trying to save money by losing face here and hoping this all blows over instead of addressing the real problem

-Teddy "the rump" Rumperfeldt
    You do realize the admitting you work in OPSEC is in itself a violation of OPSEC right?
  • Korn wrote:

badllama wrote:

=O :thumbsup: :thumbup:
    Solo for now.