DDOS Attack (latest Update UTC 18:39)

• Taol wrote:

Look I can see plenty of people on twitch still online doing just fine so why are these people so special that they are alowed in while the rest of us get blackscreens and kicked out over and over so we can get trashed by mobs while we are not able to do anything, take your severs down and reset it back to the start of the attack, this is in no way a fair playing field it is just plain BS.
    You are dumbbbbb
  • So, I can't get in game, I just sit at connecting. If I do get past Connecting I get black screen and can hear all the people on the island rolling by me but only see a black screen. So, technically if I had been disconnected in a hostile zone and was trying to log back in I could be killed over and over without any way to defend myself.

You need to fix the network code to not just randomly disconnect people to lower the server capacity, you need to set entire zones to drop for lowering capacity.

It appears that all these "DDOS attacks" are quite random with people I'm playing the game with being in the same zone and it being hit or miss on who gets disconnected.

Also, I've noticed you haven't bothered to update your Starter Package kit to reflect the current problems you are having, seems like it would be prudent to inform potential customers of these issues otherwise you are selling a product that doesn't actually provide them the service you say it does.

Lastly, start handing out that free premium time already.. the longer this takes the more it feels like you're trying to stretch this past the first 30 days hoping people will shell out more money for additional premium time when we haven't properly received the premium time we already paid for...
  • KillYourselfKorn wrote:

MagicRasta wrote:

LizzrdSquaDz wrote:

Eltharyon wrote:

ORIGINAL POST:

The game servers are currently being attacked by a distributed denial of service attack. Services are likely disrupted.

We're working on the issue and will keep you posted.
    Good because you all banned my friend accused them of buying gold, Lied about everything, and the only justice my guild member gets is your servers being DDOS, cheaters, hackers and bots infesting your game and ruining peoples lives...I know I will get banned for saying this but I am glad, I am sick of this fucking game company and its lies, although I too am against cheaters & Gold Sellers, but the lies this company spews out when they say not all evidence is accurate makes me happy for the people doing this illegal or not...
    Just exercising my free speech here in the U.S Obviously Germans believe in Dictatorship SIEG HEIL!
    Ruining peoples lives LOL. Why did you name your throwaway after skidzard squad?
    Already got banned waiting to get banned again and again all day long not giving a fuck just to show you how good their security is lol... imgur.com/a/smkuu
    And yeah Korn is an Asshole, who accused my guild member / friend of buying gold, you know the guy on MMORPG, so I just feel like coming here and trolling the fuck out of people from time to time, as far as I care he can kill himself, and if he doesn't know how maybe this will help...
    youtube.com/watch?v=M_azCIe_0Kk

Or Maybe I wish he would go get run over by a BUS, for all I care...

In reality I am usually not this toxic but I really just don't give a fuck because he is a jackass and fired shots first at people I know for many years and trust after they put their time and faith for 4 years into this fucking game so yeah im upset and if anyone wants to calm us down then this company needs to actually review their fucking evidence which they say isn't always accurate because I know the person in question did not buy currency for real money.

Its only Germans who are the whole Guilty before innocent thing and in reality I have never seen one fucking game company ban a users account because they assumed it was illegal, like theres always the chance someone does a trade with a gold seller or someone sets someone up which is quite easy to do in Albion, but never have I seen a legitimate person banned for life before.

I am sorry I know there are good Germans, but this company really has a lot of us very fucking pissed and its not good for this game or this company because the attacks will continue on this companys reputation until my friends ban is lifted which obviously will never happen so fuck it whatever.
    No offense, but what benefit does a gold-selling company have by setting up a bunch of losers to get in trouble for "buying" gold? They'd be giving away their profit, their product, their business merchandise, just to frame you? Lol don't kid yourself buddy. You, and your guildmates, and anyone you know in this game, ain't that special. Just accept your friend lied to you, grow up, and move on with your life. Blind faith can lead to some of the worst mistakes a person can ever make. Wake up and grow up :)
  • So I barely bought this game and probably been able to play this game for 12-15 hours.

Wtf is up with this BS. Attacks or not, as a consumer who has purchase this game. I expect that you have prepared to fight off these attacks before you release this game. Instead you take our money and make us pay for a game that doesn't work 70% of the time...even if its 20-30% it is unacceptable!

I understand these attacks are overwhelming you guys, but this is extremely unprofessional!
  • TimForReal wrote:

rayn11e wrote:

Servantes wrote:

Rokz wrote:

rayn11e wrote:

Do you have any proof of the servers being under attack and not just very low quality and unable to handle the stress?
    Zero respect. Go do something constructive outside other than demand things, your attitude does NOT help the situation. Cant stand people like you in the real world let alone sitting behind a computer monitor. Things WILL get sorted out in due time.
    Seriously this and replies like Drizzy's : ->>>they are making millions of dollars... I'm sure there servers can handle it , and if they can't I'm sure an upgrade is in progress.You guys are such tards', worse frigging customers to ever have. I'm sure your equally successful in running an MMO start-up then BETA Phase then into launch then having to deal with all the issues that comes along with managing it.Know what they should hire you guys to solve this issue.....right cause I bet your such F@#$%^*& smart asses and have the solution right?. Why don't you just ALT F4 the game go do something else with your lives, than come here and contribute nothing but complaining and clueless assumptions that hold no water. """OHh UMMM Im sure they're making millions of dollars.""" seriously dude someone give these jack holes a refund already and ban them from playing if they're so upset over something that's not the company's fault.

Here since accusations and assumptions is all they're good at who's to say that its not Rayn11e and Drizzy and others like them...are actually causing the DDoS to ruin the games Rep and force it to fail since, their third party gold site is shutdown.
    You talk about coming here and not contributing, but that is exactly what you have done here. You also speak about assumptions and then go on to make the biggest one in the thread. Obvious troll is obvious, and if not then you must be missing a large portion of your brain. If you have trouble understanding any of this please consult your parents.
    It's back up, move on with your life my man.
    Na thanks Tom I'm done trying to enjoy the game tonight. I was trying to an hour ago and kept getting black Screens or kicked. Maybe tomorrow it will be more stable and you know what I ain't mad at them cause I expect it....I've played plenty of products in the past and nothing is perfect. It's not blind trust it's experience from years of disappointing service from other companies. Shit happen bruh and people coming on the games forums to shit on the dev's and staff some more....just really makes me shake my head. How does any of that help them help you.
    I just came to read up on what was causing the issue. So sorry if I'm late to the...Lets bash the dev's and their shitty service party....huh Rayn11e. I didn't start my response saying i was contributing to solve your noob ass complaints or demands for proof. It's hust so easy for you isn't it???....to sit behind a screen and just post things....FIX IT. SHOW ME PROOF I DON'T Believe you. -_- . Would hate to see what your relationship with your cellphone provider is like or when your town loses power. HELLO POWER COMPANY I don't believe there's an area outage show me PROOF

The post was edited 1 time, last by Servantes ().

• R.o.o.K_Kail wrote:

So, I can't get in game, I just sit at connecting. If I do get past Connecting I get black screen and can hear all the people on the island rolling by me but only see a black screen. So, technically if I had been disconnected in a hostile zone and was trying to log back in I could be killed over and over without any way to defend myself.
    Hopefully you are smart enough to not sit at a black screen and die over and over again, you are in game for about 1 minute black screen then it disconnects you. You'd have to try REALLY hard to achieve what you just laid out. So relax, there is nothing you will say that will make this any better or make the problem get solved any faster.
  • Siphon wrote:

rayn11e wrote:

Do you have any proof of the servers being under attack and not just very low quality and unable to handle the stress?
    What do you want, logs from Wireshark? That's also assuming you know what that is... and of course they won't show you, that would be sharing all the IPs.
    Siphon the kinda guy who gets fired from work cause he got shot but refuses to show his boss the bullet wound I guess. To each his own, I think Rayn11e is simply suggesting the servers have been stressed since day one(if you don't agree with this you haven't been playing the game). Maybe he just wants a further explanation in more detail, people are sympathetic to victims, but hostile to poor excuses.
  • Why was the 5 UTC GvGs not postponed. Massive lag. Seriously you let GvGs continue when servers can't even stay online. @Korn

UPDATE (5:15 UTC):

Getting an additional wave of attacks, will keep you posted.

UPDATE (5:05 UTC):

The DDoS attack has ended for now. You should be able to play normally.

We're doing everything we can to prevent attacks like this in the future and we'll keep you posted on any progress we make.
    Eclipse.

The post was edited 1 time, last by purplehaze ().

• MrJawshua wrote:

R.o.o.K_Kail wrote:

So, I can't get in game, I just sit at connecting. If I do get past Connecting I get black screen and can hear all the people on the island rolling by me but only see a black screen. So, technically if I had been disconnected in a hostile zone and was trying to log back in I could be killed over and over without any way to defend myself.
    Hopefully you are smart enough to not sit at a black screen and die over and over again, you are in game for about 1 minute black screen then it disconnects you. You'd have to try REALLY hard to achieve what you just laid out. So relax, there is nothing you will say that will make this any better or make the problem get solved any faster.
    Except that there are times where if you sit at the blackscreen it will let you into the game, how does a player know which is which Mr. Smart Guy? Also, you only have to be in game for a couple seconds to get attacked and once you are in combat you have a cooldown timer to prevent you from logging out. You might hear yourself getting attacked but at that point it's already over for you. Yes, you would have to try hard to get killed over and over again while being on a blackscreen, the point of the post is that nobody should be getting killed when the game logs their character in but disallows the player from seeing their character. This is a PvP game, current status of this game pretty much prevents players from being in hostile zones unless their willing to take unnecessary deaths from this server issues.

Hop off the Devs nut sack for a minute and you might have been able to understand my post. Game is good, servers suck; Devs aren't doing enough where it matters to stabilize the situation. We're all aware this is "DDOS" but that doesn't negate the problems that paying legit customers are having in that we're losing our premium time without compensation. Simply saying you're going to give out premium time is one thing, but the way their going about it is a bit underhanded. They simply just need to add a day of premium time every day they have multiple DDOS attacks that prevent people from playing.

Also, why is it that these "attacks" seem to happen more during NA prime time and not so much earlier in the day during EU time. I believe someone else pointed out that it was strange how many of the people Streaming on Twitch weren't having the same problems.