Why has this never happened in any other MMO ever?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Why has this never happened in any other MMO ever?

I've been gaming in MMO for 20 years, and while there has been the occaisional ddos attack... gold spammers retaliating against a company? I've never... ever heard of this happening because it's so easy for them to subvert every single system put up. And a DDOS working... days in a row? This is also unprecedented... Normal server outages... are one thing but gold sellers retaliating... and ddos for days... seems suspect.
    • I played on Vanilla WoW servers like Kronos. Every time they did a gold-seller ban wave there would be weeks of DDOS retaliation. Every freaking time. Gold sellers are the scum of the earth and they seem to be run by children with fragile egos. I'm happy to weather the attack. Sooner or later they'll run out of money and go away.

If Albion makes itself the first gold-seller free MMO I'll definitely be around for a long time.
    • I am getting so tired of this. I get home from work, servers are down. I get online for an hour, then the server kicks me out and I login to a black screen for over an hour. The only time I can ever play the game is late night. Every other time the servers are crashing, or there is too much lag to do anything. Then they shut the server down for maintenance for an hour. What the hell?

You are wasting over a days worth of premium time a month with just your stupid DAILY maintenance. You combat gold farming, and now they are apparently kicking your ass up and down the street. On top of it all, your communication seems piss poor. I have never seen a game on launch this bad. Especially not 3 weeks into it. Sure, maybe the first week I have seen worse, but this has been ongoing for coming on a month.

Get your shit together.
    • I played most of the "good mmos" in the last 20 years, and each had its own problems. For example WAR had lots of server issues in the first months (on large fights, not all the time like AO), but they were doing great work against gold sellers, and bots. Others had similar problems, server problems but only the first few days, other had huge problems with bots and they didnt do anything like in Lineage 2, or just about any korean mmo brought in West and so on.

Most of them had problems, but not on a long term, besides like i said botting and egoldsellers. Some like WAR manage to wage war against the egoldsellers, others just let them in and toke a piece of the action (Lineage 2 and Korean mmos)...Older mmos where much stable in almost every way, but then the dedication and competency were much higher than now. Even WOWs problem on goldsellers could've been reduced by a lot, but they didn't cared much.

Albion Cashgrab Online on the other hand its different because:

1) 2-3 years of beta testing where the community screamed at them to wake up, prepare, but also not change the game as they did... The maps were diffrent, the world more diverse and interesting, they even had persistent housing on the map...

2) IT HAS all the problems you could have and even after 1 week after launch, which i never seen in any mmo at launch. Bad network code, lag, i never seen so many rollback after 1 week after launch in my life. DDOS attacks, changes in pvp after 3 years, lack of real content and optimization. Even without the problems, the game will get so stale in 3 months, its not even funny.

They simply are too incompetent or they dont care much, a bit of both. Most of the money from this project has been achieved now and in the last 2-3 years, In the upcoming months they wont do much out of it, due to disastrous launch, design decisions, lack of proper content, progression. But since microtransactions are in (gold) it could still click a bit or even more. (Not pay to win? hahaha! )

3) Basically they failed on every aspect of a launch. Nobody did it perfect in the last 12-14 years, but after a few days the server were fine, egold sellers spam reduced, bots reduced on some of them, and of course most of them were prepared for DDOS attacks and half of them had 2 way authentication for accounts, so less stealing. Today and in the last 2 to 3 years, everybody, i mean everybody which is serious in online gaming, from small to medium companies, have 2 way authentication for accounts, and system to detect if the computer has changed, see Steam and others. Its completely madness not have this.

I am not sure they did anything good since launch, maybe the fake communication which is even worse, because most of the time they had no idea what they are doing, according to their responses. A good example was how they will combat botters, more GMS, and faster report (yes, that can help), but the real combat goes in the code, how the bots behave? what are the software available, combat those... which they should've had them on launch, since they had bots, exploits and egold sellers in FUCKING BETA. But they didn't see this coming right? After so much testing with money(they made lots of money from Betas) and experiences from past MMOs, they could've avoided all of this, beside botters, which involves a small dedicated team to combat it within the code, beside the GMs and Reports. But why bother?
    • Thane schrieb:

I played most of the "good mmos" in the last 20 years, and each had its own problems. For example WAR had lots of server issues in the first months (on large fights, not all the time like AO), but they were doing great work against gold sellers, and bots. Others had similar problems, server problems but only the first few days, other had huge problems with bots and they didnt do anything like in Lineage 2, or just about any korean mmo brought in West and so on.

Most of them had problems, but not on a long term, besides like i said botting and egoldsellers. Some like WAR manage to wage war against the egoldsellers, others just let them in and toke a piece of the action (Lineage 2 and Korean mmos)...Older mmos where much stable in almost every way, but then the dedication and competency were much higher than now. Even WOWs problem on goldsellers could've been reduced by a lot, but they didn't cared much.

Albion Cashgrab Online on the other hand its different because:

1) 2-3 years of beta testing where the community screamed at them to wake up, prepare, but also not change the game as they did... The maps were diffrent, the world more diverse and interesting, they even had persistent housing on the map...

2) IT HAS all the problems you could have and even after 1 week after launch, which i never seen in any mmo at launch. Bad network code, lag, i never seen so many rollback after 1 week after launch in my life. DDOS attacks, changes in pvp after 3 years, lack of real content and optimization. Even without the problems, the game will get so stale in 3 months, its not even funny.

They simply are too incompetent or they dont care much, a bit of both. Most of the money from this project has been achieved now and in the last 2-3 years, In the upcoming months they wont do much out of it, due to disastrous launch, design decisions, lack of proper content, progression. But since microtransactions are in (gold) it could still click a bit or even more. (Not pay to win? hahaha! )

3) Basically they failed on every aspect of a launch. Nobody did it perfect in the last 12-14 years, but after a few days the server were fine, egold sellers spam reduced, bots reduced on some of them, and of course most of them were prepared for DDOS attacks and half of them had 2 way authentication for accounts, so less stealing. Today and in the last 2 to 3 years, everybody, i mean everybody which is serious in online gaming, from small to medium companies, have 2 way authentication for accounts, and system to detect if the computer has changed, see Steam and others. Its completely madness not have this.

I am not sure they did anything good since launch, maybe the fake communication which is even worse, because most of the time they had no idea what they are doing, according to their responses. A good example was how they will combat botters, more GMS, and faster report (yes, that can help), but the real combat goes in the code, how the bots behave? what are the software available, combat those... which they should've had them on launch, since they had bots, exploits and egold sellers in FUCKING BETA. But they didn't see this coming right? After so much testing with money(they made lots of money from Betas) and experiences from past MMOs, they could've avoided all of this, beside botters, which involves a small dedicated team to combat it within the code, beside the GMs and Reports. But why bother?
      i want that shit you are on. must be good. lul
      a fair fight for me is when people are more than us. Then they actually have a chance to stay alive.