Combating "Gold Sellers"

• Zandos schrieb:

For example only allowing certain fame before you can start using/trading gold etc! I mean read before you post....
    That sounds like a really good idea. It wouldn't even have to be much, just forcing them through the tutorial might be enough, considering that (I assume) the characters that trade the silver are probably one time use only and don't do anything besides walk to the nearest city where they trade with people in nothing but their underwear.

It wouldn't prevent goldselling but would probably make it more inconvenient.
  • Senjiu schrieb:

Zandos schrieb:

For example only allowing certain fame before you can start using/trading gold etc! I mean read before you post....
    That sounds like a really good idea. It wouldn't even have to be much, just forcing them through the tutorial might be enough, considering that (I assume) the characters that trade the silver are probably one time use only and don't do anything besides walk to the nearest city where they trade with people in nothing but their underwear.
    It wouldn't prevent goldselling but would probably make it more inconvenient.
    I've seen other games do that(even prohibiting to use chat before a certain level ...), and it's not very efficient in itself. They find ways to xp fast. In Albion, with just a bit of crafting/studying (some silvers), you can get a lot of fame in minutes.
  • Someone on another thread commmented that he wished they took bitcion.

Actually though if they ONLY allowed you to buy gold in bitcoin, this would eliminate most of the issues gold sellers are creating on the end of the integrity of the game economy

▪unlike stolen credit cards, bitcoins have a finite and actual value. Once a bitcoin is transferred its transfered and no matter what, SBI gets real world money for each gold they sell this eay. No infinite amount of fake credit card funds.

▪while SBI may not have the infrastructure to verify these purchases of game gold, the bitcoin exchanges do. They have to ensure that the credit cards users who purchase bitcion go through or they take a hit directly since you cant pull a bitcoin back. The buyer would have to go through this process before he could purchase gold

▪this would cause a little exrra inconvience on our part, the customers, which is why SBI would never likly do this. But SBI would ALWAYS get thier money and they add a huge obstacle for the gold sellers as they can no longer use stolen credit cards to purchase game gold or even BTC. Of corse they could buy other goods with these, sell those goods and get real money to put towards anything but no solution will ever prevent that.

▪ This would promote bitcoin which some people would like in the demographics of the likely player base. Some would come to this game just because of this. Bitcoin is Not a currency of crime. Sure it can be misused, but the real currency of crime is cash, it is untrackable, ever btc transaction is available for anyone to see.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von burt ()

• Implement a "Trade Restriction" on gold. Something like 3-7 days will give you plenty amount of time to identify illegal purchases.

Regarding the restriction, you could allow players to exchange their recently purchased gold for silver, but the silver would have a Trade Restriction too.
    Or once you buy gold, it will be locked (No trade for Silver allowed) until the Restriction time ends.

That will solve fraudulent purchases.
  • UnGarsQuiBricole schrieb:

Senjiu schrieb:

Zandos schrieb:

That sounds like a really good idea. It wouldn't even have to be much, just forcing them through the tutorial might be enough, considering that (I assume) the characters that trade the silver are probably one time use only and don't do anything besides walk to the nearest city where they trade with people in nothing but their underwear.It wouldn't prevent goldselling but would probably make it more inconvenient.
    I've seen other games do that(even prohibiting to use chat before a certain level ...), and it's not very efficient in itself. They find ways to xp fast. In Albion, with just a bit of crafting/studying (some silvers), you can get a lot of fame in minutes.
    I completely agree, but lets be honest... but preventing the selling of gold altogether is impossible unless they drastically change their currency model.

Making it inconvenient is probably best way to go.
    Send nudes...
  • Verna schrieb:

Normal people don't write a paragraph in the chat and only spammer do more then 50 msg per min.
    Nonsense. They do. This is one of those dumb ideas that hurts players in order to hurt gold sellers. Don't.

I already hit a problem with sending messages more frequently than once every 2 seconds when I'm just conversing normally.

Just because you don't write in paragraphs, doesn't mean its a thing.
  • Concerning the chat restrctions, if it actually helped id be ok with it. But i also already find the current chat restrictions detrimental to the game, the 2 second limit as well as a relitivly short text field.

Probably only older players even use chat much. If you didnt play mmos before voice was feasible, then younprobably dont type much so few of us probably find this to be an issue.
  • Badwolfe schrieb:

Have SBI actually provided any proof of this apparent 'Blackmail threat'?

And before the White Knights start braying about why they can''t then consider the fact is was a stupid legal move for them to even publicly admit to it so now they have made the claim they need to provide the evidence
    SBI don't need to prove anything at all to us as far as this is concerned. They are not on trial here.
  • Badwolfe schrieb:

Have SBI actually provided any proof of this apparent 'Blackmail threat'?

And before the White Knights start braying about why they can''t then consider the fact is was a stupid legal move for them to even publicly admit to it so now they have made the claim they need to provide the evidence

I'm not one for believing Fairy Tales unless the person telling it is prepared to provide the Fairy as evidence :)
    DDOS Incident
  • ZeroCens0rship schrieb:

Korn schrieb:

Fellow Adventurers,

as you might already be aware, Albion Online is currently being targeted by so called "Gold Sellers". These are criminal enterprises who obtain stolen credit cards and paypal accounts, use them to buy gold from us and then sell on that stolen gold (or now, silver) to players of the game at a discount. This is very damaging to everybody who has their credit card or PayPal stolen, and of course to us as a company. It's also damaging to everybody who purchases gold or silver from these websites as their accounts will be permanently banned.

To combat these activities, we have tightened up our internal protection measures and will add additional measures going forward.

More importantly, we will try to go after the gold sellers funding source. What really surprised us when researching these websites - involved in credit card and PayPal fraud on a massive scale - is that they actually accept PayPal and credit cards as a form of payment. We are certain that if PayPal and the credit card companies knew about these activities, they'd quickly shut down their merchant accounts. Hence, we have started collecting and compiling evidence of their conduct and are going to directly report the fraudulent websites to the payment processing companies such that hopefully their funds will be frozen and they won't be able to accept credit cards and PayPal on their websites any more. If us contacting the payment processors ourselves is not effective, we will directly contact their headquarters through a specialized law firm. We are not trying to go after the gold sellers directly, as that usually won't work, but rather shut down their means of getting paid and we are eager to find out how successful this will be.

Finally, when it comes to black mail attempts by some of these companies, it goes without saying that we will never give in to them. As every black mailer will know, it's the worst thing you could ever do. Of course, every blackmail attempt and DDOS attack is being reported to the relevant law enforcement agencies, too, though realistically the chance to catch somebody is quite slim. Having said that, sometimes it does happen, and if it does, we will pursue every case to the fullest extend possible, no matter where the offender is based - above activities are a crime in every jurisdiction in the world and it's always possible to find a local law firm to represent you.

Your Albion Online Team
    Thank you very much for this, I will be glad when this company puts these fuckers into the ground because they deserve it although I think you all will have issues with this.
    Websites selling Albion Currency without linking to them obviously some use PayPal and Bit Coin, but legally there is nothing this game company can do about PayPal as a payment method if they are using a Clean Source, aka just being sent money for products.

Although they might end up being required to remove Albion Currency from any descriptions for their PayPal transactions, but there is nothing SBI can do in reality against the said companiese because they are using stolen credit-cards completely seperate from their legitimate funds, otherwise the companies doing this across multiple games would have already been banned and closed down legally.

Its not that hard for me myself to obtain stolen creditcard information off the Deepweb, use this to launder and receieve clean real life currency from some illegal gold seller.

IMO your best best is to remove "Gold To Silver Conversion"

Fix it so Silver can still be exchanged to gold but can't be traded to other players.

Only allow converted silver to gold to be exchanged back from gold for example if I am playing and I convert 10k silver to 1k gold, then I can only convert a maxmium of 1k gold back to silver.

This would help combat fraud, sure it wouldn't take care of the issue entirely because people still will sell silver then, but it would prevent people from illegally using stolen information as they have been doing then you only have silver to worry about, and to combat silver you monitor players for cheating the way you have been doing.

As much as I hate this company for their lies against me I hate these gold selling fucks, I hope you all win.
    I agree with u. The best best is to remove “Gold to Silver Conversion"

We should remove gold as a function of buying silver, and try to add other stuff use gold.

Like skin(Armor、weapon、mount、house)

Invest in cities (gold only) to strengthen defense (more guard NPC, more land of city, more ramparts) T1-8 city must use gold to upgrade

More furniture(gold only).

Island road upgrade

Look at Black Desert Online, they doing much better.

Directly contact their headquarters through a specialized law firm?

it’s not the best way cause waste too much time and inefficiency.

Remove gold to silver conversion and trying to make other things use gold is the best way to stop this happen.
  • walter0102 schrieb:

Remove gold to silver conversion and trying to make other things use gold is the best way to stop this happen.

How do people buy premium with earned currency in your world?

Currently, you have the option of working hard, and converting silver to gold , and the gold price of premium is fixed, but the silver price of premium is floating.

What would the point of gold be if the only use for it was to buy certain types of items, and it could only be bought?

Think this through better.