Combating "Gold Sellers"

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Combating "Gold Sellers"

Fellow Adventurers,

as you might already be aware, Albion Online is currently being targeted by so called "Gold Sellers". These are criminal enterprises who obtain stolen credit cards and paypal accounts, use them to buy gold from us and then sell on that stolen gold (or now, silver) to players of the game at a discount. This is very damaging to everybody who has their credit card or PayPal stolen, and of course to us as a company. It's also damaging to everybody who purchases gold or silver from these websites as their accounts will be permanently banned.

To combat these activities, we have tightened up our internal protection measures and will add additional measures going forward.

More importantly, we will try to go after the gold sellers funding source. What really surprised us when researching these websites - involved in credit card and PayPal fraud on a massive scale - is that they actually accept PayPal and credit cards as a form of payment. We are certain that if PayPal and the credit card companies knew about these activities, they'd quickly shut down their merchant accounts. Hence, we have started collecting and compiling evidence of their conduct and are going to directly report the fraudulent websites to the payment processing companies such that hopefully their funds will be frozen and they won't be able to accept credit cards and PayPal on their websites any more. If us contacting the payment processors ourselves is not effective, we will directly contact their headquarters through a specialized law firm. We are not trying to go after the gold sellers directly, as that usually won't work, but rather shut down their means of getting paid and we are eager to find out how successful this will be.

Finally, when it comes to black mail attempts by some of these companies, it goes without saying that we will never give in to them. As every black mailer will know, it's the worst thing you could ever do. Of course, every blackmail attempt and DDOS attack is being reported to the relevant law enforcement agencies, too, though realistically the chance to catch somebody is quite slim. Having said that, sometimes it does happen, and if it does, we will pursue every case to the fullest extend possible, no matter where the offender is based - above activities are a crime in every jurisdiction in the world and it's always possible to find a local law firm to represent you.

Your Albion Online Team
  • Korn schrieb:

Fellow Adventurers,

as you might already be aware, Albion Online is currently being targeted by so called "Gold Sellers". These are criminal enterprises who obtain stolen credit cards and paypal accounts, use them to buy gold from us and then sell on that stolen gold (or now, silver) to players of the game at a discount. This is very damaging to everybody who has their credit card or PayPal stolen, and of course to us as a company. It's also damaging to everybody who purchases gold or silver from these websites as their accounts will be permanently banned.

To combat these activities, we have tightened up our internal protection measures and will add additional measures going forward.

More importantly, we will try to go after the gold sellers funding source. What really surprised us when researching these websites - involved in credit card and PayPal fraud on a massive scale - is that they actually accept PayPal and credit cards as a form of payment. We are certain that if PayPal and the credit card companies knew about these activities, they'd quickly shut down their merchant accounts. Hence, we have started collecting and compiling evidence of their conduct and are going to directly report the fraudulent websites to the payment processing companies such that hopefully their funds will be frozen and they won't be able to accept credit cards and PayPal on their websites any more. If us contacting the payment processors ourselves is not effective, we will directly contact their headquarters through a specialized law firm. We are not trying to go after the gold sellers directly, as that usually won't work, but rather shut down their means of getting paid and we are eager to find out how successful this will be.

Finally, when it comes to black mail attempts by some of these companies, it goes without saying that we will never give in to them. As every black mailer will know, it's the worst thing you could ever do. Of course, every blackmail attempt and DDOS attack is being reported to the relevant law enforcement agencies, too, though realistically the chance to catch somebody is quite slim. Having said that, sometimes it does happen, and if it does, we will pursue every case to the fullest extend possible, no matter where the offender is based - above activities are a crime in every jurisdiction in the world and it's always possible to find a local law firm to represent you.

Your Albion Online Team
    Thank you very much for this, I will be glad when this company puts these fuckers into the ground because they deserve it although I think you all will have issues with this.

Websites selling Albion Currency without linking to them obviously some use PayPal and Bit Coin, but legally there is nothing this game company can do about PayPal as a payment method if they are using a Clean Source, aka just being sent money for products.

Although they might end up being required to remove Albion Currency from any descriptions for their PayPal transactions, but there is nothing SBI can do in reality against the said companiese because they are using stolen credit-cards completely seperate from their legitimate funds, otherwise the companies doing this across multiple games would have already been banned and closed down legally.

Its not that hard for me myself to obtain stolen creditcard information off the Deepweb, use this to launder and receieve clean real life currency from some illegal gold seller.

IMO your best best is to remove "Gold To Silver Conversion"

Fix it so Silver can still be exchanged to gold but can't be traded to other players.

Only allow converted silver to gold to be exchanged back from gold for example if I am playing and I convert 10k silver to 1k gold, then I can only convert a maxmium of 1k gold back to silver.

This would help combat fraud, sure it wouldn't take care of the issue entirely because people still will sell silver then, but it would prevent people from illegally using stolen information as they have been doing then you only have silver to worry about, and to combat silver you monitor players for cheating the way you have been doing.

As much as I hate this company for their lies against me I hate these gold selling fucks, I hope you all win.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Endymion () aus folgendem Grund: Removed link to ban decisions/support tickets

• Korn schrieb:

Fellow Korn,
    I have been targetted by a game (that i paid, legally) which can not work, developped, by so called "SBI" who pretends they have a game which is not in Beta.

To combat these activities, I have been writing to support, but I got the silence treatment so many times, that I am wondering if they are real...

[long story short] Why is DDOS/blackmail the excuse now, 3rd week into the game, while it was not even a concern when your servers where just shit, every single day before? And where are the premium days you announced, and then, where are the real compensations? (honestly, just payback is fine, i'll take it, and leave your support alone).
  • ZeroCens0rship schrieb:

Korn schrieb:

Fellow Adventurers,

Your Albion Online Team
    Thank you very much for this, I will be glad when this company puts these fuckers into the ground because they deserve it although I think you all will have issues with this.
    Websites selling Albion Currency without linking to them obviously some use PayPal and Bit Coin, but legally there is nothing this game company can do about PayPal as a payment method if they are using a Clean Source, aka just being sent money for products.

Although they might end up being required to remove Albion Currency from any descriptions for their PayPal transactions, but there is nothing SBI can do in reality against the said companiese because they are using stolen credit-cards completely seperate from their legitimate funds, otherwise the companies doing this across multiple games would have already been banned and closed down legally.

Its not that hard for me myself to obtain stolen creditcard information off the Deepweb, use this to launder and receieve clean real life currency from some illegal gold seller.

IMO your best best is to remove "Gold To Silver Conversion"

Fix it so Silver can still be exchanged to gold but can't be traded to other players.

Only allow converted silver to gold to be exchanged back from gold for example if I am playing and I convert 10k silver to 1k gold, then I can only convert a maxmium of 1k gold back to silver.

This would help combat fraud, sure it wouldn't take care of the issue entirely because people still will sell silver then, but it would prevent people from illegally using stolen information as they have been doing then you only have silver to worry about, and to combat silver you monitor players for cheating the way you have been doing.

As much as I hate this company for their lies against me I hate these gold selling fucks, I hope you all win. Never Forget
    Hey buddy you forgot one !!!

Even if SBI manages to get PayPal as a payment method declined, or the Credit-Card companies they can simply just start accepting Bit-Coin, and setup a Bit-Coin exchange so they still get paid, and now a person can't get banned for buying Bit Coins or other digital currency which is legitimate, and then the money gets funneled out for example to make it easier.

Fraud Funds > Gold Seller >SBI > Player

Player >Bit Coin > Gold Selling Site

Bit Coin > Gold Seller > Legitimate Bit Coin Trading Site > Paypal

Pretty easy loop-hole even if legal action did work they would be back in action in no time.

Your only hope is to improve the security of your game, u see this is how secure your game is. My Life as a Troll 2 simple pictures lol.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von ILoveKitties2uno ()

• Here is a fix:

If you buy gold only a certain amount is immediately available to you no matter how much you buy and you have to wait 3-5 days for the rest. This way people still impulse buy, or if they lose their gear and don't have enough to replace it they can buy gold and get enough immediately to regear, but not enough to make it profitable for the gold sellers. If a gold seller buys $200 with a stolen CC they may get say enough for say 100-250k silver immediately and the rest doesnt come through until the card clears as legit. Then you also put caps for certain buying patterns so they can't get around this by buying small amounts of gold repeatedly with different cards all in a 24 hour period.

You do these things, which seem relatively simple to me, and you kill the ability of gold sellers to stock up using stolen cards while not punishing players too much.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von OlDirt ()

• Keep it up. They'll move on to another MMO when they figure out you guys won't give in.

The best way to combat gold sellers in game:

-Make it so you must get to Adept Adventurer before you can trade silver or be able to play gold market (where Gold Sellers will sell their gold into silver, then become Silver Sellers to players)
    -> this will stunt their quick ability to start selling, forcing them to grind. They might actually end up enjoy this game and not DDOS it
    -Make it so that anyone spamming whispers including websites are autobanned. All the gold sellers just spam the same message, its easy to make a chat filter to weed them out
  • roder schrieb:

Keep it up. They'll move on to another MMO when they figure out you guys won't give in.

The best way to combat gold sellers in game:

-Make it so you must get to Adept Adventurer before you can trade silver or be able to play gold market (where Gold Sellers will sell their gold into silver, then become Silver Sellers to players)
    -> this will stunt their quick ability to start selling, forcing them to grind. They might actually end up enjoy this game and not DDOS it
    -Make it so that anyone spamming whispers including websites are autobanned. All the gold sellers just spam the same message, its easy to make a chat filter to weed them out
    Lord Of The Rings Online (LOTRO) adopted a similar set-up in the past in their bid to counter gold-sellers. I think that requiring people to have met a certain theshold before posting Global chat may also be something they should consider.

But they also should include a more user-friendly process of muting/reporting others too; every single time you log in now you're immediately spammed with gold-selling sites and it's frankly a pain in the ass having to manually type out the persons name when it's something along the lines of "IIi11i1iI11kg1i"
  • TellTales schrieb:

Lord Of The Rings Online (LOTRO) adopted a similar set-up in the past in their bid to counter gold-sellers. I think that requiring people to have met a certain theshold before posting Global chat may also be something they should consider.

But they also should include a more user-friendly process of muting/reporting others too; every single time you log in now you're immediately spammed with gold-selling sites and it's frankly a pain in the ass having to manually type out the persons name when it's something along the lines of "IIi11i1iI11kg1i"
    Why dont they have it so /report types the last person who whispered you, just like how /r does.

just make sure its actually them before u type gold seller after it lol
  • If any Gold Seller(s) are reading this they've probably got a lump in their throat, increased heart rate and feeling incredibly numb. They probably would have gotten away with it a while longer but once you poke the bear with a stick in the form of DDoS attacks, expect the bear to fight back.
  • If you want to fix this in the meantime, just disable all chat functionality alltogether in the game for about 1 week. I garuntee these sellers wont be able to advertize anything if they cant chat. I for one know I would still enjoy the game without having to talk to people I dont know, and I could just use a voice chat service with friends who do play if need be. Otherwise, they need to adopt the same tactic used by many other MMO's and make it so you cant even use chat functionality until a certain level, or in this case after completing the tutorial or reaching journeyman adventurer or something. This may help to eliminate all the spammers named Llllllaaaa with zero fame messaging people isince they would be unable to do so. Also pretty sure this could be something very easy to impliment.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Archaeon ()

• You guys at SBI made me very mad with some decisions you made in the near past, regarding game changes, but about this gold seller fight... just keep going, please, even if that means the game will have server issues for the next weeks.

Me and the vast majority of the community are with you on this one. We want those scumbags out of the game, no matter what.

Please, don't give up this fight.
  • markes schrieb:

Gabriel87 schrieb:

Strange that no group of "hackers" or whatever claimed the action like the usually do when they damage big companies. I would say stop lying to us and just move and invest to give a better product solving your big mistakes that are under the eyes of everybody with a brain. Peace.
    Do you have any proof about the devs lying to us?
    Do you have any proof they don't? =)