Combating "Gold Sellers"

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Korn schrieb:

TheNews schrieb:

This blog seems to be just about on par with what is going on here;

Blog Post About This Unfortunate Stuff
    There is also no alternative to dealing with gold sellers as they are engaged in actual PayPal and Credit Card fraud, hurting real people in the process. Is the writer suggesting that we should leave it be, to avoid extortion?
    Yeah there is, stop selling gold. Make a fair business model like path of exile, not one in which you are trying manipulate players emotions to sell gold.
    Hell, I would be fine with loot boxes if there were only cosmetics, castles, gear, horse cosmetics.
    I don't know why you blame gold sellers, anyone who played any mmo on a semi hardcore level knows that they can't be touched. You should have been prepared for this and not feed them with gold store.
    One more thing, black desert online, they've tried a different approach.
    The only way for gold sellers to give up is if you drive this game into the ground and the population leaves therefore will not be profitable for them..
  • Two ideas that could hurt gold sellers: using their own strategies against them. However, I don't know how legal these strategies are, and are presented "as ideas" not "things to do".

1. People who have already purchased gold/silver from a seller could be encouraged to file chargebacks against the gold/silver sellers, in return for getting play back and having their gold/silver reduced by the equivalent amounts. In theory, this means they can claim the sellers failed to deliver on the goods, and thus, requiring money back is entirely justified. This would turn into a small mountain of a problem for a Gold Seller, and its a nightmare for them ( I know people who've done botting-sales and its just not profitable for them because of the constant scamming and chargebacks )

2. Find a way to get gold seller websites DDOSed. Naturally, for legal reasons we can't really do that ourselves, but .... well, I don't expect shitty gold seller websites to have the expensive infrastructure required to defend against DDOS attacks. So if that could just happen by accident and have their ISP get fucked off and close their website down, that'd also hurt them seriously in the pocket.

Though the best way to do this would probably be some sort of "baiting", find a way to trick them into requesting a DDOS against their own services without realising it.

Though I'd really just take the option to be able to fucking shank these cunts in game.

Nothing quite like entering a world and seeing the same message, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again in /say and nobody doing a thing about it. Leaving that realm for 15 minutes, comming back, and its still going on.

So ... with that in regards, I've started to harassing them and making sure everyone present knows what they're selling is a short-cut to bannination, making sure everyone who isn't an ardent forum follower know that these cunts are to blame for the downtime. And I'd hope that if enough players got into that habit, there would be even less chance for users to stupidy fall for this shit.

Because at the end of the day, there are more players than gold sellers: we only need 1% of our player base to make enough of a ruckus to drown these cunts out for them to be beaten 10:1 at their own game.

Rip the rug out from under them everywhere they have a chance to make a sale, waste their time so that no amount of investment for them returns an income, and they'll eventually seek more fertile soil to spread their mutant seed.

( Edit: I mean, you've seen the river of autism every time there's a maintenance? Clearly we have the capacity, we just need to channel that into something productive. AutsimForGood )

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von hexk () aus folgendem Grund: Add RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• @Korn, Can you please confirm if the following scenario is actually possible? I'm hearing a lot of people report this is happening to them which I've just been assuming is a lie, but it's starting to concern me.

The story goes:

• Party A was banned for 200 Years
    • Party A claims they received silver or gold from Party B either via a gift or trade.
    • Party B had purchased gold or silver from a 3 rd party, party C, which Party A had no knowledge of.
    • Because Party B gave Party A illegal currency, Party A was banned

This seems like total bullshit to me, but if it's not, I think it's super concerning. Can you or the mods confirm or deny that this is happening? If it is happening, you should be warning people not to trade silver/gold outside of the market place. If it's not happening, please put it to rest now, because I'm seeing people believing these stories and becoming outraged.

I understand you are doing full and thorough investigations before banning, I'm not asking that. I'm asking if you are banning people that are accepting silver or gold that was purchased by another party from a 3rd party unbeknownst to them. There are certainly situations where it would be appropriate to ban these people. I could buy a cheap account, accept gold from a gold seller on that account, and then transfer it to my main account, that's a problem, but I would find it incredibly problematic if you're bringing the ban hammer down in a "Guilty unless proven innocent" manner. There are going to be legitimate situations where people gift/transfer illegal currency to unknowing players, and while that sucks, we shouldn't be banning people that don't realize they're accepting illegal currency.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von ineran ()

• Wootperson schrieb:

@hexk believe me you can't win disputes against gold sellers , I tried 4 years ago and learned my lesson hard way
    Its not about getting individuals to win against gold sellers, that won't work. "I tried" is not what I'm saying here.

I'm trying to promote volume rebellion against them. A volume of chargebacks to their CC company will make them look terrible on top of what AlbionOnline are doing.

Of course you failed, you were acting as an individual, you had the economies of scale against you.
  • Rafael_Budnik schrieb:

A lot of people have been banned with that outrage. Looks like a lot of them wrongly. And i have not a single doubt about that.
    It's look like the only concern for team now is our money - not players - they have too much players. And that explains a lot.

Edit : no idea why is posted twice...
    :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Aqeon ()

• Korn schrieb:

@ineran
    We have checked countless 'false ban' stories, none of them have checked out, not even remotely. We have publically refuted them, sharing details. The scenario you describe is not happening. We only ban if we have no doubts that fraud has occurred.
    Ban anyone and everyone who has touched illegal currencies in game!!!!!!!!! Ban them allllll!!!!!!!! If i sell something and receive illegal currency from it, ban me too!!!!!!!

I'm ready to get shit on from this post, but ohhh welll :)
  • What are going to be the compensations ?? cuz only one prenium week it's not enough and it's the first time i see dev taking so much time to counter attack, almost a week already it's too long . i hope you team can realise that you will loose every single player if you take your time for this the only option possible it's to hire same kind of people able to counter attack them .... anyway at this point you have the choice to keep your people or having to refund each account for the failure of being able to stop hackers
  • Gabriel87 schrieb:

markes schrieb:

Gabriel87 schrieb:

Strange that no group of "hackers" or whatever claimed the action like the usually do when they damage big companies. I would say stop lying to us and just move and invest to give a better product solving your big mistakes that are under the eyes of everybody with a brain. Peace.
    Do you have any proof about the devs lying to us?
    Do you have any proof they don't? =)

Innocent until proven guilty
  • Armonegon schrieb:

Let's be logical.

For a gold seller to make money, the game must work.

If the players can not see the advertising messages then they do not come to buy.

The story of the gold sellers who make attacks on the game is simply a lie.

They are just unable to make the game work.
    if a gold seller was banned and there is a focus on keeping them out of the game, YES they will keep trying to bring it down. The war on Gold Sellers is not a lie.
  • Fili schrieb:

Armonegon schrieb:

Let's be logical.

For a gold seller to make money, the game must work.

If the players can not see the advertising messages then they do not come to buy.

The story of the gold sellers who make attacks on the game is simply a lie.

They are just unable to make the game work.
    if a gold seller was banned and there is a focus on keeping them out of the game, YES they will keep trying to bring it down. The war on Gold Sellers is not a lie.
    All MMO have gold sellers or the money of the game.
    I am for the banning of accounts of sellers and buyers.That does not prevent me from saying that when the game is out of service the gold sellers do not make money. So they have no reason to stop it from working.