DDOS & Blackmailing (UTC 16:00 DDOS attack)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• tabooshka schrieb:

Yushimitsu schrieb:

@Bercilak Your top programmers should haev forseen that easily, if there even average at the game bussiness, anyone who created from a minor online game to a big one knows what you need in order to survive DDoS in relation to how big your community is, you failed hard, your top programmers fail to make a working portal to go outside of bridgewatch so they put a pillar out of lazyness, your level of proffesionalism required in your company is close to 0, I wish you all the best ,I love your game, but, you make every mistake in the book , good luck in this fight tho , I hope you win.
      I guess psnetwork, xbox, blizzard etc... also didnt know how to survive
      It is trully cute that u compare the size of DDoS those companies gain to the size this company gain when it can barely survive 30k people online (fairly low number in today mmorpg) so they make tons of instnaces , again out of unproffesionalism and lack of knowledge, I've got vast experinece in this field and I'm sure they have failed with this DDoS mitigation not due to its insane power but due to the lack of mitigation, if they messed with korea then I would be quiet and say RIP.
      Nothing works in this Darn signature -.- I give up!
    • Shouldn't there be proper procedures in place to mitigate DDOS attacks? Do you not have a secondary or terciary failover when these attacks are detected? Do you even have enterprise grade firewalls in place to prevent this kind of thing?

why are the players being affected by your lack of preparation and solutions.

ALBION CEO basically said, " hey guys, they want money and we are not going to give it to them. they could keep doing this for an hour, so don't play the game (pvp or expedition IE main parts of the game) because we are going to let them keep doing it."

I smell a class action law suit underway.
    • tabooshka schrieb:

RIPShangHigh schrieb:

Very confused why you rolled out a game similar to Runescape with an Eve twist without DDoS protection in place. Runescape used to struggle with this same issue daily... Learn from there mistakes.

Step 1: Ask your network admin why DDoS protection plan is not in place.

Step 2: Fire your network admin as he obviously is not going to have an answer

Step 3: Contact your ISP and change external server IP's (temporary fix)

Step 4: Hire a real network admin to prevent further intrusion

Thanks and good luck!
      If they didnt have ddos protection, you wouldnt have black screen, servers would be instantly down, like do some research before you post shit like this, contact isp and change external server ip LMAOlike wake up dude, we have year 2017, you can't prevent ddos, you can only mitigate it.
      Year ago OVH got ddosed by 1Tbps, are you saying they dont have protection lul
      Changing the external IP will make the packets target an invalid IP which would temporarily fix the botnet issue until they find out the new server IP. It is a 24 hour fix.. Learn how the internet works before trying to attack others. All botnets are doing is spamming packets from multiple locations to one specific IP on one or multiple ports typically... Yes they are getting hit hard I understand that... It is a large botnet
    • Yushimitsu schrieb:

tabooshka schrieb:

Yushimitsu schrieb:

@Bercilak Your top programmers should haev forseen that easily, if there even average at the game bussiness, anyone who created from a minor online game to a big one knows what you need in order to survive DDoS in relation to how big your community is, you failed hard, your top programmers fail to make a working portal to go outside of bridgewatch so they put a pillar out of lazyness, your level of proffesionalism required in your company is close to 0, I wish you all the best ,I love your game, but, you make every mistake in the book , good luck in this fight tho , I hope you win.
      I guess psnetwork, xbox, blizzard etc... also didnt know how to survive
      It is trully cute that u compare the size of DDoS those companies gain to the size this company gain when it can barely survive 30k people online (fairly low number in today mmorpg) so they make tons of instnaces , again out of unproffesionalism and lack of knowledge, I've got vast experinece in this field and I'm sure they have failed with this DDoS mitigation not due to its insane power but due to the lack of mitigation, if they messed with korea then I would be quiet and say RIP.
      I find it really cute that you are incompetent, and im sure you know, mitigation takes time, it doesnt work instantly
    • Yushimitsu schrieb:

For everyone saying we should have prepared for this: we actually did. We spent significant time before launch in touch with some of the best companies out there which specialize in defending against DDoS attacks.

Unfortunately their solutions all don't work for us, as they are all geared towards defending websites. Making a websites and simple apps DDoS proof is trivial compared to making a MMORPG DDoS proof- and there are very few experts on this topic out there.

In the end we took what measures we could with the resources at our disposal, and we will continue to improve our defenses based on what we're learning from these attacks.

With regards to the broken exit in bridgewatch (which is already fixed): we decided to launch this patch despite knowing about this issue, in order to bring you the rest of these fixes sooner. Other companies may have simply ignored the issue or made you wait for the other fixes significantly longer- we decided for a practical approach. It had nothing to do with lazyness, and it disheartens those people who are putting in overtime after overtime to improve the game for you if you call them lazy.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Eltharyon ()

• I'm without a doubt one thats been annoyed at the performance and ill-prepared-ness for this scale of a launch, and I've voiced that.

That being said...

I'd rather not play at certain times than see you give in to the threats of silly gold sellers, and I'm sure the majority of the community would agree with me. As a whole, I'm fairly certain everyone will be pleased that you take an active approach to ban both sellers AND buyers, and I hope these events only further increase your team's resolve to keep Albion out of the hands of the spamming plague that is gold sellers.
    • Lmao everyone on here thinks their an expert network admin. "Just add or build DDOS protection".... as if there is none. The problem with a good DDOS is that it's not just some kid loading up a site they saw on YouTube and sending a few pings that's very easy to protect against heck even decent home routers can fight that off. Ask Microsoft, Sony or even other large companies and service that have way more money and staff then SI how hard it is to protect against a well thought out DDOS. Remember Christmas from a few years back (2014) when DDOSers brought all of Xbox and PSN to it's knees? Also good DDOSers don't just use pings but other (I will not go into it as not to give people bad ideas) types of requests from the servers. I am hoping the database cluster is not accessible from the outside and can only be written to and queries done from the game servers not from clients or external sources.

TLDR: DDOS is not simple an good DDOS attacks are not pings or coming from one IP they also change attack types overtime.
      Guild Leader of The Gods Of Albion. For those that don't need a leader but enjoy being gods together.
      We are gods among men

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Slickassasin ()

• tabooshka schrieb:

burt schrieb:

you would think they could just switch over to a whitelist of known "good" subscribers ip's during the attacks, wouldnt be perfect or work for everyone but it would be 90% better. maybe it doesnt work like im thinking it does.though or someone else would have thought of that already
      you know that in order to reject packet you have to recive it first? LOL
      well i guess im unsure what's actually being maxed out, is it the servers or the routers, because i can log into my alt on a personal island, but not my main in cearleon, this leads me to believe its the servers taking the hit and the routers would stop it before they got there. but im a server guy not a network guy so its my nature to always blame the network :)