Banned from Albion. Please Help and read!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Pikkon, did you sell these items through a market or directly from player to player?

No, of course not. Trades are manually checked.
    Do you issue bans when items are traded through markets? If you cannot answer this question for obvious reasons, I am going to assume that you do. Hopefully in case of market bought items you take into account the actual price of the item compared to its market value and only ban is there is a significant discrepancy? Otherwise it would be easy for chinese gold sellers to randomly buy expensive items from the market with stolen silver to confuse you into issuing wrongful bans.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Elarahis ()

• Elarahis schrieb:

Pikkon, did you sell these items through a market or directly from player to player?
    Player to player, based sale price from I sold it to him for off of market prices, I don't remember the quality of it but staff of same quality and was listed for 4.5 and was few more listed for up to 5 mil range. Don't remember the guy's name but begin with like a F. Was Fonorie or eir something like that.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von PikkonMG ()

• Korn schrieb:

Korn schrieb:

Trakhala schrieb:

There should be a WARNING on the main Window when opening the game so we can be aware of this situations about where some people are getting the GOLD/SILVER. Because some of us do not have time to be on the forums watching the news. Also there could be a 2-3 days ban as a warning and the next one a perma-ban (Unless you have a very clear proof that deserves a perma-ban
    Just so I understand properly: You claim that you did nothing wrong, but also say that there should be even more warnings telling people (in addition to the countless warnings that we constantly release) that they will get banned if they buy gold/silver from a 3rd party website?Note that account bans are not done by an algorithm, but by our fraud team. You got banned for buying gold/silver from a 3rd party website. You probably assumed that if you put a worthless artifact into the trade window when receiving tons of currency in return would "trick our detection". Now you have learned that it did not work.
    Adding to the above: nobody gets banned for just trading gold or silver.
    We only ban if we can directly trace back the gold / silver to a stolen PayPal account or credit card. We do not ban if we have doubts.

The stories of innocence that pop-up after each ban-wave are re-checked by us out of principle. Thus far, none of these stories has checked out in the slightest, i.e. no remotely sane person would doubt that the fraud took place.

We just re-checked the user in question: he got a transaction of 1.000.000 silver from an account with an email address like 6t6z238h77hddvaad772@(chinese-website.com) and then another payment of 2.132.002 silver from another similarly dubious email address, both of these being directly tracable to credit card / paypal hacking. Hey, but maybe it was just players buying some artifacts, right?
    This is a lie my guild member got banned just for trading Gold/Silver across games, I know they broke the rule, but can SBI really prove that people are buying gold in every transaction? Does SBI some-how look at our credit-card purchases to see we are buying gold with real money for example can they see this?

So basically I am being told right here that people who received currency from illegal sources are banned because it came from Fraud comitted by SBI, First, let me start by saying I don't blame SBI for banning, or wanting to ban players.

But you have to realise that this game is a Open Trading Sand-Box, people trade all the time, and a lot don't care where the currency comes from for example if I want to sell 1 HP potion for 1 million silver, then its legal, if I want to sell a Dire Wolf for 10 million or 5 million its legal, but this company says otherwise.

Now I don't doubt people are cheating Albion, but I am questioning the methods of SBI when I myself, could create accounts, easily commit fraud myself, even register a fake email address, and change my IP address easily, and give gold away to people for example outside discord I could agree to give a guild member 20 million gold say its my other account, and then charge back just to get them banned for life and say my bank account was compromised or just use someones elses information, This is just the hard truth, I would never commit such actions but there are those who would.

Also I question your security.

. No Anti-Cheat
    . No Registration restrictions to prevent throw away email address
    . No Methods to block IP addresses or TOR nodes
    . No DDOS protection

Like come on this company has zero game security and I am calling it out here, is there any plans to really fix this, or try not banning users just on receiving a few transactions of illegal gold or silver, but rather be absolutely sure the person is cheating the game before hand with a warning email, and asking them to contact SBI, no ban applied to be sure, and then monitor the user for any more activitiy especially those who have played this game for a very long time and get banned accused of buying gold.

Your own Employee, even admit to people that Evidence is reviewed, but noy all evidence is accurate.

You see there are many methods gold sellers are using to launder currency.

. Direct Face to face
    . Guild Chest
    . Market Place Transactions
    . dying with items on them to be looted.

btw if you have made it this far please check my email yourself you might be shocked or maybeeee not.
  • PikkonMG schrieb:

Talion schrieb:

I always have a look at the data again in cases of complaints that they were innocent. So far, I have not seen a case where the claims of innocence were true.

-Talion
    Your statements are incorrect and false, I bought the game 3 days ago and was ingame this morning farming dungeon with a group when I was kicked from the game. Tried to log back in at got the following - Account has been banned for involvement in 3rd party currency transactions and to please contact support.
    I have never been involved in 3rd party currency transactions. Only large transactions I have had is selling one T6.2 Curse Staff for 4.2 Mil and one Head Artifact Mat for 30k I think, and then of course selling my gold on the market from Epic Pack.

You received 5m silver in exchange for nothing from an account that was banned for PayPal hacking, using an email address like x8gx2342...@mail.ru.
  • Korn schrieb:

Zarf schrieb:

Ok I'm worried about this. If I were to sell a dire wolf mount to another player named Cinderella, for 5 million silver. And that player is a Chinese gold seller, unbeknownst to me, would I be banned for recieving the silver?
    No, of course not. Trades are manually checked.

Korn schrieb:

We just re-checked the user in question: he got a transaction of 1.000.000 silver from an account with an email address like 6t6z238h77hddvaad772@(chinese-website.com) and then another payment of 2.132.002 silver from another similarly dubious email address, both of these being directly tracable to credit card / paypal hacking. Hey, but maybe it was just players buying some artifacts, right?

Jonathan_Silverblood schrieb:

Out of curiousity; can you detail the trades? (who traded what, at what price, to whom?)
    @Trakhala: Here is where you have your one and only chance at redemption. Detail the matching transactions, showing that they are close enough the market value to not be obvious manipulation to avoid detection, while using only data that the developers can look up and confirm on their end.

If successful, you should (in theory) be unbanned, if not there isn't much left you can do.
  • PikkonMG schrieb:

Player to player, based sale price from I sold it to him for off of market prices, I don't remember the quality of it but staff of same quality and was listed for 4.5 and was few more listed for up to 5 mil range.
    Was your price lower or higher than the market price? If your price was significantly higher than market price, then I could understand then ban. Why would a player buy an item directly form an other player when he can get it for cheaper off the market? If you sold for a bit less than market value, then I have no idea why they would ban you.
  • Honestly, if you are innocent and got banned. Take legal action. That's what I would do if I were you.

You may lose or you may win. But, again, if you are innocent, you have to fight. And maybe if enough innocent people take legal action, they would have to improve their ways or lose a lot in legal fees.

But if you know you did wrong and just try to get your account back. Please man up... and shut up. We don't need any gold sellers/buyers here.
  • Elarahis schrieb:

PikkonMG schrieb:

Player to player, based sale price from I sold it to him for off of market prices, I don't remember the quality of it but staff of same quality and was listed for 4.5 and was few more listed for up to 5 mil range.
    Was your price lower or higher than the market price? If your price was significantly higher than market price, then I could understand then ban. Why would a player buy an item directly form an other player when he can get it for cheaper off the market? If you sold for a bit less than market value, then I have no idea why they would ban you.
    he stated earlier it was 300k less (he sold for 4.2, and the market said 4.5) but he is being told he received money, but did not give an item.
  • Elarahis schrieb:

PikkonMG schrieb:

Pikkon was, annoyingly, forum banned. The price he sold for was lower than the market price. The next xlosest to his recollection was 4.5 and following were into 5 mil.
  • Elarahis schrieb:

PikkonMG schrieb:

Information assymetries. He might not have been aware. Furthermore, if he needed it in safe zone while it's on sale in hostile zone he might pay more to avoid risk. Furthermore, if he's deep down in black and live in a territory and don't wantt o go back to a town, he might pay extra for home delivery. Furthermore he might be lazy and value it at X, letting traders do the work of supplying it at X so he can avoid the work of scouring markets for information.

In a sandbox game, people will have different information available, and different priorities.

This can only explain price increases up to a reasonable amount though. A potion for 10 million isn't reasonable.
  • Midgard schrieb:

Korn schrieb:

You received 5m silver in exchange for nothing from an account that was banned for PayPal hacking, using an email address like x8gx2342...@mail.ru.
    ..aaaaaand there it is again. All these players crying innocent and guilty as hell.
    I Have known this particular person for almost 20 years. Sorry, but (and i know u don't know me...) I have to take his word. especially since ANOTHER GUILDMATE got banned for "FRAUD" then about 36 hours later he was able to play again after contacting support@albiononline.com multiple times during that period.