Teleport hacking has begun

• PugthePanda wrote:

if only my Nvidia Shadowplay would let me record video's like it does with other games . maybe this game is not supported by Shadowplay yet ..
    There is a workaround for that, in GeForce Experience go to settings -> privacy control -> "Turn on desktop capture for Instant Replay, Record, Broadcast and Screenshot?", check that and you should now be able to record everything (including your desktop). :)
  • Archaegeo wrote:

Bercilak wrote:

What you can do in general:

Best option is always:
    Use the /report playername reason function (cause this way it does not get lost)
    Alternatively send an email to support@albiononline.com

A good 2nd option which you can do in addition
    Go to our discord www.discord.gg/albiononline

And send Bercilak a PM with the name of the user and that he is doing it right now.
    Very often I will jump into the game and have a look immediately.

When I do not reply, ...
    ... try to get hold on any of the other mods in discord!
    Elsa or Flufferpope for instance

Kind regards,
    Stefan

PS.:
    When I have time, which is mainly during the week (Mo-Fr) between normal working hours 08:00 UTC - 17:00 UTC
    I am even available to establish a proper execution => teleporting the hacker to a location where you tell me and you can kill him then accordingly.
    While I LOVE that the CEO cares this much, I very much think this is something he should be delegating to others so that he can do CEO type stuff like keeping everything going and making new plans.
    Pretty sure while satisfying and great for the game and community, checking out a possible cheater/gold seller is a little below CEO paygrade :)
    I think you want a game made by a company with a Board of Directors and Shareholders. You know, the people who spend their time worrying about The Bottom Line.
  • tabooshka wrote:

Anasurimbor wrote:

This is what happens when the server trusts the client, any competent developer knows to never trust the client.
    In some cases you would want to trust the client for the sake of performance, but then you should at least put in sensing systems that flag people who teleport and speedhack - it's trivial to do.
    give me 2 game titles where cheating/hacking isnt possible
    If the game was created properly speed hacking wouldn't happen as movement would all occur on the server and the distances/time would be kept in check.
  • Dygenn wrote:

Archaegeo wrote:

Bercilak wrote:

Best option is always:
    Use the /report playername reason function (cause this way it does not get lost)

And send Bercilak a PM with the name of the user and that he is doing it right now.

When I do not reply, ...

Kind regards,
    Stefan

PS.:
    When I have time, which is mainly during the week (Mo-Fr) between normal working hours 08:00 UTC - 17:00 UTC
    I am even available to establish a proper execution => teleporting the hacker to a location where you tell me and you can kill him then accordingly.
    While I LOVE that the CEO cares this much, I very much think this is something he should be delegating to others so that he can do CEO type stuff like keeping everything going and making new plans.Pretty sure while satisfying and great for the game and community, checking out a possible cheater/gold seller is a little below CEO paygrade :)
    I think you want a game made by a company with a Board of Directors and Shareholders. You know, the people who spend their time worrying about The Bottom Line.
    If you think they don't care about the bottom line you are silly. Bottom line keeps a game open, growing, and generating a profit for investors.
  • Archaegeo wrote:

Dygenn wrote:

Archaegeo wrote:

Bercilak wrote:

Best option is always:

When I do not reply, ...

Kind regards,
    Stefan

PS.:
    While I LOVE that the CEO cares this much, I very much think this is something he should be delegating to others so that he can do CEO type stuff like keeping everything going and making new plans.Pretty sure while satisfying and great for the game and community, checking out a possible cheater/gold seller is a little below CEO paygrade :)
    If you think they don't care about the bottom line you are silly. Bottom line keeps a game open, growing, and generating a profit for investors.
    Ultimately, only caring about the bottom line is a problem. If investors get too involved in the day to day itnis a problem. I certainly don't mind that the CEO of this company is an enthusiast of the game and actually gets his hands busy participating in operations. But I was not the one making critical comments about it.

So go play an EA game. They have accountants and marketing people crawling all over the shop.
  • Crazyguy wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

Anasurimbor wrote:

This is what happens when the server trusts the client, any competent developer knows to never trust the client.
    In some cases you would want to trust the client for the sake of performance, but then you should at least put in sensing systems that flag people who teleport and speedhack - it's trivial to do.
    give me 2 game titles where cheating/hacking isnt possible
    If the game was created properly speed hacking wouldn't happen as movement would all occur on the server and the distances/time would be kept in check.
    Unfortunately there is a big difference between ideal full authoritative server side design and the reality of balance user introduced lag and server side checks in a battle through compensation methodologies. Tech and connections are getting better overtime, but depending on userbase, amount of data, single server, data structure, network code efficiency.... there is a lot that goes into compensation needs. If devs have the opportunity to have an engine that would do a full authoritative with all the checks of this world and keep the overall lag to a minimum, the would have already done that. If this game was a room based one it would have been another story. From what I have seen, they started with more values client side and low optimisation and gradually moved more key values towards the server analysing what has been exploited the most during betas as long as each component moved to the server doesn't push the performance down too much.
  • But couldn't they put some audit code in that just makes periodic checks. "Player was at XX. Now player is at YY". If that isn't possible with legitimate client code, raise red flag for review of account. Seems to me it would catch teleport hacking pretty easily. Just looking at the time interval between hitting node points would suffice.
  • NuffSed wrote:

Harbonah wrote:

Yeah I reported it already. I guess I just find it disturbing that teleport hacks are being used successfully in a major mmo. But I guess that shouldn't surprise me these days. Archage had that problem in spades.
    welcome to unity. It's a known issue before the game was even released. Speed hacks, zoom hacks, teleport are all easy and available way before this game was even released. Problem is with unity, it's near impossible to detect. Unless these players are caught red handed devs will have no idea.
    Unity has nothing to do with any of those, because those are problems that are meant to be solved on the serverside, not on the client. For instance, teleporting & speedhacking are only be doable if the server trusted the client with handling the player's location, whereas it becomes impossible if it's restricted to only destination's location. You wouldn't blame the engine for "potential" dupehacks if the items were stored locally on the player's computers either, would you?

• Bercilak wrote:

Best option is always:

Go to our discord discord.gg/albiononline

When I do not reply, ...

Kind regards,
    Stefan

PS.:
    There is also a invisible ox cheat going around, oxes just vanish into thin air when chasing them
  • Snowman wrote:

NuffSed wrote:

Harbonah wrote:

Yeah I reported it already. I guess I just find it disturbing that teleport hacks are being used successfully in a major mmo. But I guess that shouldn't surprise me these days. Archage had that problem in spades.
    welcome to unity. It's a known issue before the game was even released. Speed hacks, zoom hacks, teleport are all easy and available way before this game was even released. Problem is with unity, it's near impossible to detect. Unless these players are caught red handed devs will have no idea.
    Unity has nothing to do with any of those, because those are problems that are meant to be solved on the serverside, not on the client. For instance, teleporting & speedhacking are only be doable if the server trusted the client with handling the player's location, whereas it becomes impossible if it's restricted to only destination's location. You wouldn't blame the engine for "potential" dupehacks if the items were stored locally on the player's computers either, would you?
  • NuffSed wrote:

Snowman wrote:

NuffSed wrote:

Harbonah wrote:

I've seen the video long ago. And?