Servers back online following a DDOS Attack, 5.8. (Since roughly 00:30 UTC) (UPDATE 1:37 UTC)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Rhaegor schrieb:

TheNoniTrader schrieb:

Primitive schrieb:

Eltharyon schrieb:

We're currently experiencing connection issues on the live servers. We're aware of the issue and working on it with our datacenter. We will keep you posted.
    Some reason the server isnt just being restarted?Friday night primetime US,..........
    Likely answer: Because it is not actually to do with the servers.It will be a broken node/connection on the way into the servers. The server is still up, only most of us cant access it as we're mostly going through the same nodes/path to the server.
    Yeah right. It is definitely their servers.
    After the beta tests comes the test of your patience and self control. WELCOME TO ALBION!! :)
  • trixsterjl schrieb:

Eltharyon schrieb:

We're currently experiencing connection issues on the live servers. We're aware of the issue and working on it with our datacenter. We will keep you posted.
    Arg... When you make these posts lock them so people can see right away when you update on the issue instead of the inevitable multi page gg or qq. BTW thanks for posting.
    That moment when you find out they not only didn't lock and secure this thread, but locked and secured the thread people were talking on and forced them to come to this one.
  • those online can play , you jsut cant log in atm, something is blocking access to login, believe thats what they said in another thread.

I have to agree with those asking for the server to be taken down so those online dont get too much of an advantage. I already have a ping nerf by being in Australia, dont want to get too far behind.
  • Eltharyon schrieb:

Frozne schrieb:

So, basically the servers are being DDOS right now. The devs can't even access their API server to update it with the current issues (it's pretty obvious).

The gold sites function on a "if we can't make money, then neither can you" mentality in these types of online games.

So, in the mean time, everyone just relax and wait for the attack to end and servers will be back up. I'm sure their IT team is scrambling to reroute the attack right now and once they have it handled servers will be back up. This always happens in games when large ban waves happen and people that were profiting financially get upset and retaliate.

Just relax boys, they can't ddos forever. Attacks are not very cost effective compared to proper mitigation and it seems albion has not yet dealt with an attack like this. Now that they are aware that attacks of this size can occur, they will set up the proper mitigations. I'd guess the DDOS protection they need is to the tune of 50k+ per month or more. It's no cheap matter, but it shouldn't be very expensive to a game profiting like Albion.

As soon as you see their message notifying you of the servers being down, that means they have successfully rerouted the attack and their API server is back online.

Just trying to help ya'll with a bit of knowledge.

Cheers :thumbup:

PS, rollbacks occur to prevent DDOS related dupes (another tactic of gold selling websites aside from account phishing etc). Be happy rollbacks occur, they protect the in game economy. You don't want dupes to get loose by these guys knowing they can double up every time they bring servers down. Abrupt server crashes are the #1 place dupes happen. Alright, that's all.
    You're actually spot on.
    so, some dude suggests a reason and you just run with it? how do we know thats not just a convenient cop out?
  • Rhianna schrieb:

those online can play , you jsut cant log in atm, something is blocking access to login, believe thats what they said in another thread.

I have to agree with those asking for the server to be taken down so those online dont get too much of an advantage. I already have a ping nerf by being in Australia, dont want to get too far behind.
    I disagree. None of us logged out and couldn't log back in. We got a black screen and DCd.
  • Is anybody in the game still? Just wondering if everyone got dced yet? It's been an hour since I was kicked came back and checked still down but the server is up. Can you guys at least put it on launcher that you are aware of the isssue and what the eta time is for fixing it. Hold on that be too easy for you guys. Also come on 7 days of premium for this and it's been how long now that there have been issues. Should be a month of premium or more if this drags out longer. Just going to drive people away. Maybe then it'll be stable LOL.
  • Sparrowblade schrieb:

Eltharyon schrieb:

Frozne schrieb:

So, basically the servers are being DDOS right now. The devs can't even access their API server to update it with the current issues (it's pretty obvious).

The gold sites function on a "if we can't make money, then neither can you" mentality in these types of online games.

So, in the mean time, everyone just relax and wait for the attack to end and servers will be back up. I'm sure their IT team is scrambling to reroute the attack right now and once they have it handled servers will be back up. This always happens in games when large ban waves happen and people that were profiting financially get upset and retaliate.

Just relax boys, they can't ddos forever. Attacks are not very cost effective compared to proper mitigation and it seems albion has not yet dealt with an attack like this. Now that they are aware that attacks of this size can occur, they will set up the proper mitigations. I'd guess the DDOS protection they need is to the tune of 50k+ per month or more. It's no cheap matter, but it shouldn't be very expensive to a game profiting like Albion.

As soon as you see their message notifying you of the servers being down, that means they have successfully rerouted the attack and their API server is back online.

Just trying to help ya'll with a bit of knowledge.

Cheers :thumbup:

PS, rollbacks occur to prevent DDOS related dupes (another tactic of gold selling websites aside from account phishing etc). Be happy rollbacks occur, they protect the in game economy. You don't want dupes to get loose by these guys knowing they can double up every time they bring servers down. Abrupt server crashes are the #1 place dupes happen. Alright, that's all.
    You're actually spot on.
    so, some dude suggests a reason and you just run with it? how do we know thats not just a convenient cop out?
    Indie developers...
    Hostility - Tea Party