Another 800 accounts banned for involvement in 3rd party currency purchases

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Shervin schrieb:

Mordgier schrieb:

Shervin schrieb:

@Berilak any countermeasures against silver sellers? It's basically the same thing.
      Well...no.Because you see they still buy gold from SBI which at the end of the day is what matters. That SBI gets money. Right guys? Guys?
      Dude that's wrong... have you ever read any of the relevant forum threads?
      Stop saying a gold seller is "buying" gold. They are using stolen credit cards; the money is being charged back by the credit card companies.

-> They get gold without paying; Albion has to pay chargeback fees; an abund amount of gold enters the game; less people buy gold since the market price is relatively low.

My issue is: What happens if gold sellers instead trade their gold into silver. Isn't it basically the same problem?

Yes that is the problem. They are using stolen credit cards or hacked paypal account.
      Next week we will also add measures against silver trading, But since its a more complicated topic since you will not want to forbid it completely we need a bit more time to implement more detection mechanisms.

Kind regards,
      Stefan
    • Bercilak schrieb:

Shervin schrieb:

Mordgier schrieb:

Shervin schrieb:

@Berilak any countermeasures against silver sellers? It's basically the same thing.
      Well...no.Because you see they still buy gold from SBI which at the end of the day is what matters. That SBI gets money. Right guys? Guys?
      Dude that's wrong... have you ever read any of the relevant forum threads?Stop saying a gold seller is "buying" gold. They are using stolen credit cards; the money is being charged back by the credit card companies.

-> They get gold without paying; Albion has to pay chargeback fees; an abund amount of gold enters the game; less people buy gold since the market price is relatively low.

My issue is: What happens if gold sellers instead trade their gold into silver. Isn't it basically the same problem?
      Yes that is the problem. They are using stolen credit cards or hacked paypal account.
      Next week we will also add measures against silver trading, But since its a more complicated topic since you will not want to forbid it completely we need a bit more time to implement more detection mechanisms.

Kind regards,
      Stefan
      Wouldn't an easier fix just be to make it so you can not trade gold or silver if you've made a purchase in the last x days, which would include using the gold exchange? and make it so you have to be at least T5 (expert Adventure) to use the exchange?
      Hostility - Tea Party
    • Fortie schrieb:

Solution ? Enable chat function after hitting 100k fame. :))
      Doesn't work.

Trust me.
      I have seen that and level restriction or other things.

They will just use someone to get that fame quickly.
      By crafting with lots of stolen silver.

100k craft fame is as easy to make as drinking coffee.
      If you have x mio silver.

Better would be ... to have people stop buying from them.
      But there's enough idiots who fuel them...
    • Dudes. I fully support banning gold sellers, and will do my part in reporting them best I can.

But taking away the ability to trade gold and add gold to guild wallets is not the way. And your solution is a product of anger. Rise above. Be the dev team I know you all are.

I am smarter than 99% of the rest of the population. Give me a few days. I will have your solution.
    • I do not buy gold with cash. but personally i felt that Permanent bans should be reviewed though, on a case by case basis. i know of players in game that don't frequent the forums and they just got whisper by sellers, so they just went on to deal with them after being coerced. these players are gullible and knows nothing of the current affairs of the game.

i think for such cases it should be reviewed (gold removed + warning). Afterall those players did pay quite abit of money for their account to play. it's only fair.
    • GroZzy schrieb:

Good job, guys, rly!
      Dead server, lags, bugs, abuses.
      BAN MORE GOLD SELLERS IT'S PRIMARY!

Talking about your money, right? First question in your To-Do list.
      If they don't do this, the credit card companies who all their funding comes through might decide to stop doing business with AlbionOnline.

How much success would you think this game would have if they refused to co-operate with credit card companies, and instead, created a safe-haven for credit card fraud, allowing sellers who were engaging in credit card fraud to give game players silver, for effectively free.

That's what's happening here basically.

Credit card fraud basically means gold sellers have a license to print silver, and you pay them, and the only person who gets fucked is AlbionOnline/SBI

The people who's credit cards were stolen are protected by their credit card companies, who reverse the charges used to purchase the gold.

Another way to put it: From SBI's perspective, they have a bank literally going "oh, this money here you were given yesterday, ... well, we're taking it back, nothing you can do about it".

And you expect SBI to just go "This is fine, the people we gave gold to in exchange for that money, they can keep it and we'll do nothing to punish them"

K.
    • Even its important to get all cheaters out of game and especially gold sellers, you have to remember that some people wont be happy with all these changes and restrictions, which are clearly just bandaids fixes. You have created yourself this gold system which can be easily considered as p2w (at least partly) why there is so much gold sellers at first place. Thats why you will also face critisism and unhappy people even they are all againts cheaters.
      I am just the guy who gives you a ride to the underworld.
      How to start build my character?
    • hexk schrieb:

GroZzy schrieb:

Good job, guys, rly!
      Dead server, lags, bugs, abuses.
      BAN MORE GOLD SELLERS IT'S PRIMARY!

Talking about your money, right? First question in your To-Do list.
      If they don't do this, the credit card companies who all their funding comes through might decide to stop doing business with AlbionOnline.
      I think that they want to introduce a monthly fee. As an addition to the fact that gold is not bought because "we have gold traders problem". Because to block gold traders it's enough to charge 12k gold in 3+ days after account activation, when funds can not be returned to the card. Maybe they rent too many servers and it does not cost them cheap. Perhaps they will create patches that will make it more difficult to trade gold. It will be a fake fight. And then they will say that they lost. And they will introduce a subscription fee. Maybe I'm wrong.
      https://albiononline.com/?ref=33ZPQ2WBAX
    • bonjour ,
      j'ai vu mon compte être banni aujourdhui je voulais savoir si y a moyen de me racheter pour récupérer le compte ? car je me suis beaucoup investi dans le jeux depuis la beta tant financièrement, temp jouer j'ai attendu longtemp votre sorti officiel jai acheter un pack vétéran en beta puis légendaire spécialement pour commencer a jouer le premier jours et beaucoup de gold chez vous j'ai pris des silver chez un vendeur autre que officielement je l'avoue car je pencais que c'étais plus avantageux niveaux prix et que sa aidait aussi le joueur je prenais sa comme un simple échange de service mais je pencais pas le mal que sa pouvait causer de votre coter et que c'était interdit car je prenais vraiment cela comme un échange de service genre ( comme irl je t'aide a construire quelque chose en retour on le paie a l'heure ) , je comptais continuer a m'abonner chez vous car je ne suis en aucun cas contre le faite de dépencer dans une entreprise qui le mérite je suis prêt a rendre tout les silver acheter sur le site avoir un reset de mon compte complet mais la le ban définitif est vraiment très dur a suporter surtout que sa fesait longtemp que je n'avais pas retrouver un mmo de cette qualité ...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Spirale741 ()

• Spirale741 schrieb:

bonjour ,
      j'ai vu mon compte être banni aujourdhui je voulais savoir si y a moyen de me racheter pour récupérer le compte ? car je me suis beaucoup investi dans le jeux depuis la beta tant financièrement, temp jouer j'ai attendu longtemp votre sorti officiel jai acheter un pack vétéran en beta puis légendaire spécialement pour commencer a jouer le premier jours et beaucoup de gold chez vous j'ai pris des silver chez un vendeur autre que officielement je l'avoue car je pencais que c'étais plus avantageux niveaux prix et que sa aidait aussi le joueur je prenais sa comme un simple échange de service mais je pencais pas le mal que sa pouvait causer de votre coter et que c'était interdit car je prenais vraiment cela comme un échange de service genre ( comme irl je t'aide a construire quelque chose en retour on le paie a l'heure ) , je comptais continuer a m'abonner chez vous car je ne suis en aucun cas contre le faite de dépencer dans une entreprise qui le mérite je suis prêt a rendre tout les silver acheter sur le site avoir un reset de mon compte complet mais la le ban définitif est vraiment très dur a suporter surtout que sa fesait longtemp que je n'avais pas retrouver un mmo de cette qualité ...
      Tricher et voler la compagnie qui produit le jeu ...Joli respect en effet.