Another 800 accounts banned for involvement in 3rd party currency purchases

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Fikus schrieb:

Well good to know peps never trade with anyone for silver/gold (it might have been purchased from third parties) because you might get banned. Thanks for the info @Zetecua !

Plantagenet schrieb:

Shervin schrieb:

Mordgier schrieb:

Shervin schrieb:

@Berilak any countermeasures against silver sellers? It's basically the same thing.
      Well...no.Because you see they still buy gold from SBI which at the end of the day is what matters. That SBI gets money. Right guys? Guys?
      Dude that's wrong... have you ever read any of the relevant forum threads?Stop saying a gold seller is "buying" gold. They are using stolen credit cards; the money is being charged back by the credit card companies.

-> They get gold without paying; Albion has to pay chargeback fees; an abund amount of gold enters the game; less people buy gold since the market price is relatively low.

My issue is: What happens if gold sellers instead trade their gold into silver. Isn't it basically the same problem?
      Then they will just prevent players and guilds from trading silver...

...oh wait.
      For all those bitching I don't see many suggestions of ways to "fix" things. I think the best and simple bet is to put a week (or whatever is needed) or so limit on trading of Gold after it is bought so that if there is a chargeback it can't be used and if players buy it legit they can trade it after a time. As for silver this is a little harder but maybe have silver trading limits biased on total fame? I'm not saying these are perfect solutions but I at least would like to offer some suggestions.
      Guild Leader of The Gods Of Albion. For those that don't need a leader but enjoy being gods together.
      We are gods among men
    • Slickassasin schrieb:

Fikus schrieb:

Well good to know peps never trade with anyone for silver/gold (it might have been purchased from third parties) because you might get banned. Thanks for the info @Zetecua !

Plantagenet schrieb:

Shervin schrieb:

Mordgier schrieb:

Shervin schrieb:

@Berilak any countermeasures against silver sellers? It's basically the same thing.
      Well...no.Because you see they still buy gold from SBI which at the end of the day is what matters. That SBI gets money. Right guys? Guys?
      Dude that's wrong... have you ever read any of the relevant forum threads?Stop saying a gold seller is "buying" gold. They are using stolen credit cards; the money is being charged back by the credit card companies.
      -> They get gold without paying; Albion has to pay chargeback fees; an abund amount of gold enters the game; less people buy gold since the market price is relatively low.

My issue is: What happens if gold sellers instead trade their gold into silver. Isn't it basically the same problem?
      Then they will just prevent players and guilds from trading silver......

...oh wait.
      For all those bitching I don't see many suggestions of ways to "fix" things. I think the best and simple bet is to put a week (or whatever is needed) or so limit on trading of Gold after it is bought so that if there is a chargeback it can't be used and if players buy it legit they can trade it after a time. As for silver this is a little harder but maybe have silver trading limits biased on total fame? I'm not saying these are perfect solutions but I at least would like to offer some suggestions.

Easy. 72 hour hold on all gold purchases using a credit card outside of starter packs (ie: on gold packs only), no character may trade gold/silver or participate in the gold market without being Adept Adventurer or better (T4).

Restrict whispers on players with less than Adept Adventurer. Continue policing the gold/silver trade and banning, but don't restrict legal transactions as a blanket action.

The only way to defeat gold/silver sellers is to make it not profitable to operate in your game. If they have to spend 4 hours per character to participate in their scheme... only to have it banned shortly there after, you will eliminate the problem without harming the player base.
      Plantagenet of IB, The Iron Bank
      My Referral Code: albiononline.com/?ref=EFN1DY7DWG
    • Cleaned this thread up a bit. Couple of reminders:
      1. This thread is not made for you to claim how "innocent" you or your friend was. For any account-related issues (including bans), you will have to write to support@albiononline.com
      2. As it has already been reiterated multiple times in this thread, you will not get banned for trading or receiving Gold or Silver, unless you purchased it from a third-party:

Talion schrieb:

Hullo,

the bans are obviously not just because “someone accepted Gold / Silver”. Else, probably half of the game would be gone now. Giving a friend a leg up with some currency, or even giving a guild or a friend a larger amount is a standard procedure in MMOs.

We don’t want to make it easier for the criminals, so I cannot go into too many details about how exactly we do it, but:
      We only ban in cases where we are certain that the persons received the Gold from 3rd party sites.

-Talion

• Korn schrieb:

So if you'd like to do that, we ask to to explain to us why receiving 20.000 gold from an account named "asdfwql", who PMed you after logging in, saying "Hi, I'm deliver your gold" and who just bought that with a stolen credit card was a legit trade after all. Maybe it was just a good friend from school who wanted to help you out with playing the game, right? Maybe you didn't know and it was all a mistake?

I CANT XDDDDDDD
      n.n thank you for making my day <3
    • The only thing you did by removing the trading of gold between players is to force the Gold-Sellers to exchange their gold for silver first and devaluate the gold market for everyone else due to the huge influx of gold being converted into silver. How is this going to stop a gold seller from selling silver anyway? thanks for making life harder for everyone.
    • Korn schrieb:

As there are, as always, quite a few people who claim that they have been innocently banned, here is some background information:
      • We can fully trace back all in-game transactions of silver and gold, across multiple levels. We have a very powerful analytics solution in place
      • We are able to identify the gold seller accounts, their feeder accounts and the associated spammer accounts, and of course, all of their customers
      • Out of the > 1.500 accounts that we banned for gold buying/selling, we have thus far identified 1 false positive, which was rectified within hours short period of time
      • I am personally not directly involved in tracking down the fraudulent accounts. However, I tend to check back with our fraud team if an account in the forums makes a persistent case why in their particular case, it was all a mistake. In each of these cases that I followed up on, the evidence was 100% crystal clear. I'll keep doing that, just be sure that our processes continue to be spot on.
      • There is absolutely 0.0 reason for us to ever ban a legit player. It would be like shooting ourselves in the leg.
      Now, some user above mentioned (though he did not actually give a screenshot of the ticket) that we allegedly told users to keep an "Excel sheet of all their transactions". That of course is a lot of non-sense - we already have all the transactions in our system, easily browsable. What our terms and conditions allow though is for users to deliver counter-evidence if they think they have been banned wrongly. So if you'd like to do that, we ask to to explain to us why receiving 20.000 gold from an account named "asdfwql", who PMed you after logging in, saying "Hi, I'm deliver your gold" and who just bought that with a stolen credit card was a legit trade after all. Maybe it was just a good friend from school who wanted to help you out with playing the game, right? Maybe you didn't know and it was all a mistake?
      And yet you cant restore characters that have been deleted by said goldsellers (even if it happened like 1 hr ago)
      Every other mmo has this feature
      Found several people complaining about it and one in our guild was affected.
      While its only 2 weeks so far.. its gonna be so much fun when 1 year from now a hacker gets access and delted your characters... sry we cant help you.. create a new one..

Other than that (and the laggproblems ofc) you guys are doing a realy good job and the support is fricken fast
    • Addex schrieb:

The only thing you did by removing the trading of gold between players is to force the Gold-Sellers to exchange their gold for silver first and devaluate the gold market for everyone else due to the huge influx of gold being converted into silver. How is this going to stop a gold seller from selling silver anyway? thanks for making life harder for everyone.
      Are you really complaining that premium will be cheaper?

What is going on in this thread... and why are all the people with 2 week old accounts the only ones that have a problem with this?
    • ... Why did you not just put a time limit of 7 days on trading currency (gold or silver) player to player after it has been purchased from the store?

Generally the stolen credit card transactions are identified within 7 days.

Effectively the funds would be held in escrow or usable only for "personal" use within the 7 day period from the last gold purchase. Thereby quarantining the gold to the account it was purchased by until the fraud check completes on the transaction.

This way we do not hamper the gold/silver market, we do not hamper the guild gold market juggle and we still make it so that fraudulent transactions do not get seeded into the ingame economy.

It feels (on this and many other issues) very much like the devs have not learned any lessons from their predecessors.
    • @Talion

I just noticed your FAQ on Albion shop website still got the "old" information in it:

Gold FAQ

• Do I have to buy Gold to get the Premium Status? No. The premium status can also be bought with Silver, the normal in-game currency, and via the subscription option both in-game and via the website shop.
      • Do you also sell Silver? To keep the game economy balanced and make sure that the game stays fair for all, Albion Online does not sell Silver to players. However, you are free to trade your Gold to other players in exchange for getting Silver from them.
        Or, the other way around, if you want to have Gold without spending real money, you can simply trade away surplus silver or in-game items to other players for it.
      You might wanna update that. :)
    • angrad schrieb:

Addex schrieb:

The only thing you did by removing the trading of gold between players is to force the Gold-Sellers to exchange their gold for silver first and devaluate the gold market for everyone else due to the huge influx of gold being converted into silver. How is this going to stop a gold seller from selling silver anyway? thanks for making life harder for everyone.
      Are you really complaining that premium will be cheaper?
      What is going on in this thread... and why are all the people with 2 week old accounts the only ones that have a problem with this?
      No dude try and use your brain every now and then, some people likes to play the gold market to make a profit if you went and bought 10k gold at 180 and tomorrow is 40 silver per gold due to a huge influx of fake gold you just lost a ton of money. You are also screwed if you are a new player buying legit gold that just now lost a ton of purchasing power.
    • Addex schrieb:

angrad schrieb:

Addex schrieb:

Are you really complaining that premium will be cheaper?What is going on in this thread... and why are all the people with 2 week old accounts the only ones that have a problem with this?
      No dude try and use your brain every now and then, some people likes to play the gold market to make a profit if you went and bought 10k gold at 180 and tomorrow is 40 silver per gold due to a huge influx of fake gold you just lost a ton of money. You are also screwed if you are a new player buying legit gold that just now lost a ton of purchasing power.
      Yeah, most get rich fast schemes suck.
    • Talion schrieb:

"The bans are obviously not just because “someone accepted Gold / Silver”. Else, probably half of the game would be gone now. Giving a friend a leg up with some currency, or even giving a guild or a friend a larger amount is a standard procedure in MMOs.
      Tell that to my buddy that during the last couple hours of final beta accepted silver from a random dude and got perma banned for apparently 3rd party buying (an hour before a wipe).The automated system was/is still jacked and highly risky for honest people who want to help their friends out.
      I've gotten a few friends involved in this game, and well I'd love to front them silver, it's not worth the risk of losing my account over.
      System certainly needs more work if false positives are getting folks perma banned. Some common sense should be used in certain cases.
    • Plantagenet schrieb:

FashoBro schrieb:

I like how SBI hotfixes shit when its costing them precious pennies. Shits pathetic af. There's so many things you could be working on. It's very disappointing.
      The game has been out 3 weeks and they have pushed two patches. You have very odd views on progress and game development.
      The games been in 3 different betas. They haven't any core problems with the game. Nice try though.