Another 800 accounts banned for involvement in 3rd party currency purchases

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• this is bullshit becouse you banned the people indefinite not give a one more chance

i think first step you need to ban for 1 week and after he/she did again this, you can ban for indefinite !

soo much people doesnt read terms just them put the agree

maybe they are not know to buy gold from 3r person is illegal...

• BatuhanBartuBAS schrieb:

this is bullshit becouse you banned the people indefinite not give a one more chance

i think first step you need to ban for 1 week and after he/she did again this, you can ban for indefinite !

soo much people doesnt read terms just them put the agree

maybe they are not know to buy gold from 3r person is illegal...

But why would you give anybody a second chance? I mean if one deliberately decided to break rules and now has illegal stuff on his account - why would one ban them for a week so that after that week they can do the same again (or use what they obtained) and do whatever after? Also they would know that now they HAVE to transfer everything because they are going to be banned anyway. Measures like this should be brutal and come as a surprise - if you decided to do something illegal - you should ALWAYS know you'll be banned - forever, and no exceptions - that is the only way to fight abuse and cheating
      [b][u]Ownage[/u][/b] (n): 1. Noun form of the verb [[i][u]own[/u][/i]]. 2. An instance in which someone or something is [u][i]owned[/i][/u].
    • @BloodyOwnage

First act shoud be.: the Innocent players verify and unbann them and a "Sorry for that " benifit .

All games from the Koreans server need a ID number like Continet of Nine ( C9 )

why not the same here.

After that : if you buy gold : you will get your gold only after 3 days ( time needet to get the cash from bank )
      If the cash cant get pulled so its a suspected transaction = No gold for Player and a Email for being suspected.
      After 3 times = Account ban unless the player can aprove that ifs a fail from the Bank.
    • Well, first of all gold buying and selling from third parties is forbidden in most mmo´s. So a ban for doing this is fine !

But players that think they did nothing wrong. because they didn´t buy gold from any source (except auction house) should have a chance to proof that they are innocent.

So please give these players a way to contact you on this specific topic, so they are able to clarify things.
    • Michu schrieb:

@BloodyOwnage

First act shoud be.: the Innocent players verify and unbann them and a "Sorry for that " benifit .

All games from the Koreans server need a ID number like Continet of Nine ( C9 )

why not the same here.

After that : if you buy gold : you will get your gold only after 3 days ( time needet to get the cash from bank )
      If the cash cant get pulled so its a suspected transaction = No gold for Player and a Email for being suspected.
      After 3 times = Account ban unless the player can aprove that ifs a fail from the Bank.
      Oh wow, unban whom? "Innocent" players were not banned, only those involved in 3rd party currency trading were - so I am not sure what first act are you talking about.

As for the approach - I totally agree with you - have a look at two of my posts with proposals - I think that would help.
      [b][u]Ownage[/u][/b] (n): 1. Noun form of the verb [[i][u]own[/u][/i]]. 2. An instance in which someone or something is [u][i]owned[/i][/u].
    • Shervin schrieb:

It's so funny: only affected players complain.
      "My guild leader would never do this" ; "My friend would never buy gold" - how do you even know? I hate blind trust.

Good job Albion Team. As long as you keep punishing buyers, you can stop this epidemic! Don't be swayed by salty comments.
      Oh man, you are so right. Being a business-woman myself - I run a small brokerage business of my own, I obviously am playing on silver/gold/item market - and have a lot of transactions - both via auction house and gold/silver trades as well as trading things directly to people - and guess what - I wasn't banned - because I AM DOING NOTHING WRONG - EVERYTHING LEGIT. Everybody who was banned was banned for a reason - as they are scammers and goldsellers - so totally deserve what they got.
    • As there are, as always, quite a few people who claim that they have been innocently banned, here is some background information:
      • We can fully trace back all in-game transactions of silver and gold, across multiple levels. We have a very powerful analytics solution in place
      • We are able to identify the gold seller accounts, their feeder accounts and the associated spammer accounts, and of course, all of their customers
      • Out of the > 1.500 accounts that we banned for gold buying/selling, we have thus far identified 1 false positive, which was rectified within hours short period of time
      • I am personally not directly involved in tracking down the fraudulent accounts. However, I tend to check back with our fraud team if an account in the forums makes a persistent case why in their particular case, it was all a mistake. In each of these cases that I followed up on, the evidence was 100% crystal clear. I'll keep doing that, just be sure that our processes continue to be spot on.
      • There is absolutely 0.0 reason for us to ever ban a legit player. It would be like shooting ourselves in the leg.
      Now, some user above mentioned (though he did not actually give a screenshot of the ticket) that we allegedly told users to keep an "Excel sheet of all their transactions". That of course is a lot of non-sense - we already have all the transactions in our system, easily browsable. What our terms and conditions allow though is for users to deliver counter-evidence if they think they have been banned wrongly. So if you'd like to do that, we ask to to explain to us why receiving 20.000 gold from an account named "asdfwql", who PMed you after logging in, saying "Hi, I'm deliver your gold" and who just bought that with a stolen credit card was a legit trade after all. Maybe it was just a good friend from school who wanted to help you out with playing the game, right? Maybe you didn't know and it was all a mistake?
    • Korn schrieb:

As there are, as always, quite a few people who claim that they have been innocently banned, here is some background information:
      • We can fully trace back all in-game transactions of silver and gold, across multiple levels. We have a very powerful analytics solution in place
      • We are able to identify the gold seller accounts, their feeder accounts and the associated spammer accounts, and of course, all of their customers
      • Out of the > 1.500 accounts that we banned for gold buying/selling, we have thus far identified 1 false positive, which was rectified within hours short period of time
      • I am personally not directly involved in tracking down the fraudulent accounts. However, I tend to check back with our fraud team if an account in the forums makes a persistent case why in their particular case, it was all a mistake. In each of these cases that I followed up on, the evidence was 100% crystal clear. I'll keep doing that, just be sure that our processes continue to be spot on.
      • There is absolutely 0.0 reason for us to ever ban a legit player. It would be like shooting ourselves in the leg.
      Now, some user above mentioned (though he did not actually give a screenshot of the ticket) that we allegedly told users to keep an "Excel sheet of all their transactions". That of course is a lot of non-sense - we already have all the transactions in our system, easily browsable. What our terms and conditions allow though is for users to deliver counter-evidence if they think they have been banned wrongly. So if you'd like to do that, we ask to to explain to us why receiving 20.000 gold from an account named "asdfwql", who PMed you after logging in, saying "Hi, I'm deliver your gold" and who just bought that with a stolen credit card was a legit trade after all. Maybe it was just a good friend from school who wanted to help you out with playing the game, right? Maybe you didn't know and it was all a mistake?
      Thank you VERY much for clarifying all of that before the snowball rolled too far down the hill.

Glad to know these issues are being taken care of fairly.

I do wish that you would examine the guild aspects of your new gold restrictions, it is going to harm and make life difficult for many economic based guilds.
      Plantagenet of IB, The Iron Bank
      My Referral Code: albiononline.com/?ref=EFN1DY7DWG
    • Plantagenet schrieb:

I do wish that you would examine the guild aspects of your new gold restrictions, it is going to harm and make life difficult for many economic based guilds.

We probably both agree that gold sellers are even worse for an economic guild.
      Therefore right now we have to make "selling" very hard for them and that was a necessary change.
      Over the next weeks a few more changes will come.

However keep in mind that at one point we will think about different white listing programs to give more freedom to established players.

Kind regards,
      Stefan
    • Korn schrieb:

As there are, as always, quite a few people who claim that they have been innocently banned, here is some background information:
      Hi,could you please reply to a few stuff I am about to say.
      1.Would it be possible to give us proof that the accounts actually admitted gold or sold gold.
      2.I don't understand why not just remove the gold from accounts and keep the player base even if they did do wrong they would then lose the money they used to buy the gold as a punishment.
      3.Why not make trade available after some fame required?That would solve th3 biggest problem.
      4.Would it be hard to add next to botters or something a option click and report because their names are confusing as fck and I am not willing to spend time trying to figure if its a I or L "l".
      5.about server population you knew the game would be a success and yet you failed at start with server kicks and all.
      6.when a character logs out can he not have to wait for a que for like 3 mins for dc reasons.

Anyway can't think of other stuff right now if anyone agrees please say If someone does not agree please say I want to hear people opinions but most of all the mods of the game.

Thanks for your time.
    • Mordgier schrieb:

Shervin schrieb:

@Berilak any countermeasures against silver sellers? It's basically the same thing.
      Well...no.
      Because you see they still buy gold from SBI which at the end of the day is what matters. That SBI gets money. Right guys? Guys?

Dude that's wrong... have you ever read any of the relevant forum threads?
      Stop saying a gold seller is "buying" gold. They are using stolen credit cards; the money is being charged back by the credit card companies.

-> They get gold without paying; Albion has to pay chargeback fees; an abund amount of gold enters the game; less people buy gold since the market price is relatively low.

My issue is: What happens if gold sellers instead trade their gold into silver. Isn't it basically the same problem?
    • Shervin schrieb:

Mordgier schrieb:

Shervin schrieb:

@Berilak any countermeasures against silver sellers? It's basically the same thing.
      Well...no.Because you see they still buy gold from SBI which at the end of the day is what matters. That SBI gets money. Right guys? Guys?
      Dude that's wrong... have you ever read any of the relevant forum threads?
      Stop saying a gold seller is "buying" gold. They are using stolen credit cards; the money is being charged back by the credit card companies.

-> They get gold without paying; Albion has to pay chargeback fees; an abund amount of gold enters the game; less people buy gold since the market price is relatively low.

My issue is: What happens if gold sellers instead trade their gold into silver. Isn't it basically the same problem?
      Then they will just prevent players and guilds from trading silver...

...oh wait.
      Plantagenet of IB, The Iron Bank
      My Referral Code: albiononline.com/?ref=EFN1DY7DWG