Another 800 accounts banned for involvement in 3rd party currency purchases

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Great you stopped gold sellers but you just have now the ammount of silver sellers... It won't change much for them, but for the people who prefer gold as a currency during their trades, it's very annoying. we will also have trouble paying for the premium of our guild members. All our guild fund reserve was in gold for that reason, it's kinda the first currency for us.

This change will affect a lot more the normal players than the new silver sellers. So it's a bad change...

Limiting the trade of gold to players with a minimum requirement ame could make sense.

I even wonder if it won't be harder to track silver sellers than gold sellers, actually I think you were doing great for a start.
    • I'm afraid you overdid it with the bans...
      Multiple guild leaders got banned innocently because the guild received gold (that might or might not come from a shady source) or because they used the guild gold for trading and investments.
      Of course it is good to ban goldsellers, but banning innocent people that have no idea that the gold they handle might be illegal?
    • Talion schrieb:

Hello everyone,

we have made a few posts announcing that we’re banning 3rd party currency sellers and buyers in the past. We did so again today.

More than 800 accounts that acquired currency from 3rd parties have been permanently banned.

Keep in mind that currency that these people “sell” has been acquired with stolen credit card or Paypal data. This makes it a financial problem for all involved - the people whom these cards belong to, the banks - and us. Hence, we reinforce our stance that we fight this on every level.

On top of permanently banning accounts that are involved in these trading schemes somehow, we are taking steps towards making this kind of currency trades much more difficult. The first step for this is removing the ability to directly trade Gold with another player, or donate Gold to guild wallets. Withdrawing will still be possible, however no new Gold can be donated.
      This will happen during today’s maintenance. The only way to trade Gold will be through the player-driven Gold market.

This is only the first step we will take to make it as difficult as possible for these criminals to keep doing their “business”.

Important: we will continue to permanently ban all accounts involved in 3rd party currency transactions!

-Talion
      Get that bootay! ;)
    • I don't understand why you are even "fix"ing anything... Whats the point in that? Waste of time and makes everything untraceable once the silversellsers traded gold for silver to sell.

Just keep it as it is and continue to ban every single one of the gold buyers. Noone will buy any gold, if they surely loose their account...
      I think, you would do even better if you do /global anouncement of banned players for gold selling/buying everytime you ban one :D
    • Hullo,

the bans are obviously not just because “someone accepted Gold / Silver”. Else, probably half of the game would be gone now. Giving a friend a leg up with some currency, or even giving a guild or a friend a larger amount is a standard procedure in MMOs.

We don’t want to make it easier for the criminals, so I cannot go into too many details about how exactly we do it, but:
      We only ban in cases where we are certain that the persons received the Gold from 3rd party sites.

-Talion

P.S.: while @Zetecua is correctly quoting the Terms and Conditions, we do not ban because of "just receiving stuff from a friend."
      Losing my insanity would mean I'm losing everything, the dreams where I can fly.
    • Fighting this kind of thing is important, however, some of the things you plan on implementing will direcly effect legitimate players. It is important to keep up the good fight, but when you start to penalize law abiding players because of the actions of criminals, that is when the good fight simply becomes a war with collateral damage..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von ntall1 ()

• Talion schrieb:

Hullo,

the bans are obviously not just because “someone accepted Gold / Silver”. Else, probably half of the game would be gone now. Giving a friend a leg up with some currency, or even giving a guild or a friend a larger amount is a standard procedure in MMOs.

We don’t want to make it easier for the criminals, so I cannot go into too many details about how exactly we do it, but:
      We only ban in cases where we are certain that the persons received the Gold from 3rd party sites.

-Talion

P.S.: while @Zetecua is correctly quoting the Terms and Conditions, we do not ban because of "just receiving stuff from a friend."

I don't understand... A player leaves the game and gives all his gold to another player. Now he is banned. Why? The support doesn't accept any evidence .. very poor performance.
      "Alle Augen schauen, wenige beobachten, sehr wenige erkennen."
    • ntall1 schrieb:

Fighting this kind of thing is important, however, some of the things you plan on implementing will direcly effect legitimate players
      Don't worry. A year from now this will be like BDO. No direct player trading and fixed market prices to prevent any kind of currency trading.

I am all for banning gold sellers, but attitude the devs seem to take towards collateral damage is a bit disturbing.
    • Honke schrieb:

Talion schrieb:

Hullo,

-Talion

I don't understand... A player leaves the game and gives all his gold to another player. Now he is banned. Why? The support doesn't accept any evidence .. very poor performance.
      Feel free to PM me which player this is about and I will have a look.

-Talion
      Losing my insanity would mean I'm losing everything, the dreams where I can fly.
    • I do see how my statement could be mis-understood Talion.

A word of caution then to players: if you are about to receive a large sum of currency from a player you don't know for no apparent reason or are asked to receive large sums of currency from a player you do not know without apparent reason, it is good and healthy to be skeptical of that transaction.

-Zetecua