Another 800 accounts banned for involvement in 3rd party currency purchases

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• chtisto1992 schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

they cant sell gold anymore since the patch, which means they now sell silver instead of gold... same thing, now it just has to go through the exchange first... so the guy who buys silver can turn it into gold again...
      i see your point, depends if they get rid of the silver trading. which would be ridiculous if they did.. either way its a horrible fix
      This is not a fix. That "fix" change nothing in gold sellers position. Mostly it harms guilds which were playing on gold market -.-

Well played devs well played...

• roskuwacz schrieb:

chtisto1992 schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

they cant sell gold anymore since the patch, which means they now sell silver instead of gold... same thing, now it just has to go through the exchange first... so the guy who buys silver can turn it into gold again...
      i see your point, depends if they get rid of the silver trading. which would be ridiculous if they did.. either way its a horrible fix
      This is not a fix. That "fix" change nothing in gold sellers position. Mostly it harms guilds which were playing on gold market -.-
      well to them its obviously a fix....

which is why i stated horrible fix...
    • roskuwacz schrieb:

chtisto1992 schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

Yo, don't blame the devs please.
      Devs do what they are told, they are not the ones making the decision.
    • Before change

Gold sellers use false credit card/whatever devious method to get gold.
      They have x Gold
      They Trade x Gold to a buyer
      That buyer turns it into silver.

After change

Gold sellers use false credit card/whatever devious method to get gold.
      They have x Gold
      They turn it into silver
      They trade the x silver to a buyer

No change.
      Larger guilds run the same scheme, recruit the masses to support the inner core of golden children. Burning out players to fuel their forum pvp. We Don't, We Won't. Huntsman Recruiting
    • elorix schrieb:

Taters schrieb:

No change.
      But now it's harder to compare gold prices (website vs. gold seller price) plus silver price depends on the market. The fix doesn't fix the issue for sure, but it makes it a bit less profitable to gold sellers.
      No, it makes it **more** profitable. By locking gold out of the guild chests, you force guilds to hoard silver instead of gold, making gold more valuable. More valuable gold = more profit for silver/gold sellers if their income comes from stolen CCs.
    • Jonathan_Silverblood schrieb:

elorix schrieb:

Taters schrieb:

No change.
      But now it's harder to compare gold prices (website vs. gold seller price) plus silver price depends on the market. The fix doesn't fix the issue for sure, but it makes it a bit less profitable to gold sellers.
      No, it makes it **more** profitable. By locking gold out of the guild chests, you force guilds to hoard silver instead of gold, making gold more valuable. More valuable gold = more profit for silver/gold sellers if their income comes from stolen CCs.
      Exactly, it also increases the profit of the official store because sales are going to go up if the gold value increases: Devs Intentionally Trying to Increase The Gold Value [serious]
    • AussieArcher schrieb:

@Talion Sir I fully support the death of all gold seller scum. I am growing weary of reporting them.

But I have a question.

I, along with approximately 12 other players, have given varying amounts of gold to @Saya in order to play the market with it, and hopefully return a profit.

This is all laid out in a public thread in the Trade section of these forums.

My question then; when Saya hopefully returns a profit, how are we to then reclaim our investments and any rewards if straight trading between players is ceased?

Sir I may have misunderstood your post, if so, sorry. Can you please clarify this for me?

Cheers,

AA

So your answer to this is: We will ignore you?
    • So instead the carders can just buy gold and transfer it to silver and sell it that way?

I don't get this change, now guilds can't store gold they have to trust someone's player account to store the gold on as it would be stupid storing silver due to the rising gold prices. Whoever holds the guilds gold funds might dip into it intentionally or accidentally, get it mixed up with their own etc. Pretty annoying to be honest.

Unless you're writing some kind of algorithm to flag up unusually large silver transactions and taking direct gold trading out of the picture makes this process easier, then fair enough. But if you're just removed the ability to transfer gold expecting it to solve the issue... That's extremely naive.

Also, fair enough players who are buying carded gold are getting banned, obviously that's great. What about people buying 3rd party gold from legit farmers or botters/cheaters? I have seen a couple of telehackers farming stone in the game (literally 2, not like it's a massive problem) most likely to generate funds for 3rd party RMT. If a cheater gets found and banned, are accounts that he's traded with found and banned also?

Good job so far, but this removing gold transactions thing... Seems pointless to me.
    • 9/10 posts complain about gold sellers changing to silver sellers but your post doesn't add anything to the subject; they KNOW there is a problem and they are trying to find a solution.
      Now... instead of posting the same thing over and over again start talking about solutions because we already know there is a problem.

Imo the best thing one can do is not only try to solve the problem itself (by banning, kicking, reporting,...) but most importantly by PREVENTION, which is currently not available in-game. You need to solve the problem at the roots, not at the leaves of the plant.
      Keep in mind that not everyone always looks at the forum or at least not on a regular basis.
      If players actively get warned about gold / silver sellers (and their dubious websites) and know what to do against them there wouldn't be gold / silver buyers in the first place. In the first place you need to break as many barriers as possible: make it as EASY as possible for the players to report / obtain information (limit the amount of interactions).

Start adding a special message to the patcher (similar like the fake website post) and perhaps also in-game which warns players about those gold / silver sellers. Make sure any player who doesn't interact with the website / forum also gets the message. Something similar like the guild message, but more visible (especially if you take in consideration general chat).

Inform players about the /report mechanic, as i'm fairly sure newer players to the genre have no clue about this command (and so didn't i, i had to look it up because /help doesn't work?). Does /report actually take screenshots? it would be very handy if players don't have to interact with a report hacker / cheater forum at all. It costs time and effort and requires loads of interactions from any player. Add a film or screenshot mechanic with /report, something similar like steam uses (you can press F12 in-game for screenshots), for example. As a 'potato' laptop user myself i don't stream nor have streaming / recording software standard on my computer simply because i can't use it properly due to FPS issues. I'm not going to install some kind of software just to get someone banned... again too many interactions, as an example.

An other example here which is a very handy tool (but still requires forum interactions): windows 10 has a built-in recording software which can be used in-game (Windows key + G). Promote the use of such interactions on report forums / in-game since i'm fairly sure players might also not know this hidden feature. I found it myself by looking it up on google and randomly stumbling across it lol. Since everyone with W10 has this already on their computer, it limits interactions once again (downloading safe recording software,...). Add this to an information topic which tells you how to report bugs / hackers!

Add a message to the front-page of your website (your lead page; news page? Most visibility; banner, top, side) as i don't see any message stating anything at all about gold / silver sellers (except the one from the fake websites).

Disable the use of whisper via strangers. Nobody really has to whisper you if they don't know you; all kinds of sub-chats are available anyway (LFG, Trading,...). Let only friends / guild members / alliance members / ... be able to use the whisper command, players who you actually have a connection with. Same for the mail section, as i received a mail from a gold seller a couple days back (lol), for example. If somebody has something to tell you in-game they can still share their message via /s. Perhaps if someone is using a sub-forum which is related to /W commands (as in; i'm trading smth, i want to receive whispers about offers,...) those still receive whispers if they actually post something in the sub-forum. Nevertheless; we still can mail each other (an other whisper feature!).

Disable the use of website promotion in-game (as in, full websites with WWW. WEBSITE.COM for example). Now i'm fairly sure they will work around this with spaces in between the W's or whatever but it could be an other measure to make it harder for those to promote links in-game. Most of the time nobody has to type multiple W's in-game anyway, except to promote websites (which could be said in other 3rd party software such as discord - easier to link and click anyway). Forbid it!

Adding a fame limit to send out /s or /w messages might actually be a decent option as well - but imo a bit too strict as this measure also limits other players in their actions. You're creating a 'problem' for everyone, not only for the hackers / cheaters (but perhaps you need to finish the beginner quest; finish a starter skill set or smth similar instead of fame). Casual players might not hit 100K that easily (limited play time) and this will only cause troubles for those players in the long-run. Similar with disabling gold not being trade-able anymore (limits everyone's interactions vs. only the hackers/cheaters).

Those are numerous examples that can help out by limiting interactions and solving the problem by the roots; the player base and not the hackers. Those will come back anyway as you continue seeing them sell silver / gold, it obviously has to be a lucrative business - which means 30$ is nothing i can imagine. If nobody gets in touch with the cheaters, there wouldn't be a gold / silver selling illegal industry in the first place. Now, not all suggestions may be the best ones but at least i'm adding something to the discussion. ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fedel ()