Another 800 accounts banned for involvement in 3rd party currency purchases

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Another 800 accounts banned for involvement in 3rd party currency purchases

Hello everyone,

we have made a few posts announcing that we’re banning 3rd party currency sellers and buyers in the past. We did so again today.

More than 800 accounts that acquired currency from 3rd parties have been permanently banned.

Keep in mind that currency that these people “sell” has been acquired with stolen credit card or Paypal data. This makes it a financial problem for all involved - the people whom these cards belong to, the banks - and us. Hence, we reinforce our stance that we fight this on every level.

On top of permanently banning accounts that are involved in these trading schemes somehow, we are taking steps towards making this kind of currency trades much more difficult. The first step for this is removing the ability to directly trade Gold with another player, or donate Gold to guild wallets. Withdrawing will still be possible, however no new Gold can be donated.
      This will happen during today’s maintenance. The only way to trade Gold will be through the player-driven Gold market.

This is only the first step we will take to make it as difficult as possible for these criminals to keep doing their “business”.

Important: we will continue to permanently ban all accounts involved in 3rd party currency transactions!

To quote myself from a later post in the thread but also make it visible here:

"The bans are obviously not just because “someone accepted Gold / Silver”. Else, probably half of the game would be gone now. Giving a friend a leg up with some currency, or even giving a guild or a friend a larger amount is a standard procedure in MMOs.

We don’t want to make it easier for the criminals, so I cannot go into too many details about how exactly we do it, but:
      We only ban in cases where we are certain that the persons received the Gold from 3rd party sites."

-Talion
      Losing my insanity would mean I'm losing everything, the dreams where I can fly.
    • While doing this will you be banning gold/silver dupers that you guys obviously know about but yet seemingly have ignored? i noticed you stopped doing rollbacks so its blatantly clear you know.

When will this be confronted?

Perhaps because your suffering losses as a company your willing to deal with it swiftly, however when it comes to people profiting off an exploit and using it to pump into expensive gear in order to get a edge on winning territories. There is not a single mention of it.

you need to start hunting down these exploiter's. start banning them and those associated.
    • @Talion Sir I fully support the death of all gold seller scum. I am growing weary of reporting them.

But I have a question.

I, along with approximately 12 other players, have given varying amounts of gold to @Saya in order to play the market with it, and hopefully return a profit.

This is all laid out in a public thread in the Trade section of these forums.

My question then; when Saya hopefully returns a profit, how are we to then reclaim our investments and any rewards if straight trading between players is ceased?

Sir I may have misunderstood your post, if so, sorry. Can you please clarify this for me?

Cheers,

AA
      YES, THAT IS A PHOTO OF ME; AND YES I AM THAT UGLY!
    • Talion schrieb:

donate Gold to guild wallets

This is a bad fix. We should still be able to donate gold to guild. You are basically making it so guilds will not be able to play the gold market with tax money. Also, it makes it more difficult for guilds who still wish to do so because once it is bought with guild silver you can not put it back in the guild gold wallet.

If this is truly how you want to fix this issue you need to make it possible to set up buy/sell orders, through the guild tab, that can be purchased with guild tax and it gets directly deposited into the guild gold wallet.
    • Yes because people will surely spell names like asdwqerwe to be reported. ADD A RIGHT CLICK REPORT. this function can even then take a ingame-screenshot which is sent in with the ticket to act as proof. This little stuttering that it reports when the data is sent is well worth it to catch these gold sellers with direct proof.

Game needs to be user interaction friendly but SBI lacks in this department.
    • So the chain of events is:

Someone gets a stolen CC.
      He buys gold on the official site.
      Logs in.
      Sells the gold now on the official gold-silver exchange.
      Sells the Silver...

So everyone who buys gold via Silver now is included in the chain because we buy stolen gold...
      before they could just sell the gold straight without involving other people...
      But since i will most likely buy stolen gold via the exchange, will i get banned?
      Will the trade ratio be changed by a 3rd party (SBI) because of the stolen gold that doesnt belong there?

And what are the future steps? Like Diablo 3, make everything untradeable? Only trades via auction house? A set price range per item per auctionhouse so someone cant sell a carrot for 2m silver?
    • Rosalia schrieb:

So the chain of events is:

Logs in.
      Sells the Silver...

So everyone who buys gold via Silver now is included in the chain because we buy stolen gold...
      But since i will most likely buy stolen gold via the exchange, will i get banned?
      Will the trade ratio be changed by a 3rd party (SBI) because of the stolen gold that doesnt belong there?

And what are the future steps? Like Diablo 3, make everything untradeable? Only trades via auction house? A set price range per item per auctionhouse so someone cant sell a carrot for 2m silver?
      ummm you do realise how the gold exchange workes yeh?? you put gold in then gets transferred to silver. you dont pay real money in the actual gold exchange. nor do you know where the gold is coming from
    • great update <3. i ve bought lots of gold in the past week from the albion shop and it all went smooth. As for the gold sellers whispering you can select a tab with whispers instead of having them on general tab. So that way you can actually see their name and type it in /report
      a fair fight for me is when people are more than us. Then they actually have a chance to stay alive.
    • chtisto1992 schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

Logs in.
      Sells the Silver...

ummm you do realise how the gold exchange workes yeh?? you put gold in then gets transferred to silver. you dont pay real money in the actual gold exchange. nor do you know where the gold is coming from
      but the gold that the "other" side puts into the exchange is not legal gold. the trade is between pools of currency of PLAYERS only... and since one side of the pool is filled with illegal gold, and the other side of the pool knows that illegal gold exists... this means you are helping the silver sellers...
    • Rosalia schrieb:

chtisto1992 schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

Logs in.
      Sells the Silver...

but the gold that the "other" side puts into the exchange is not legal gold. the trade is between pools of currency of PLAYERS only... and since one side of the pool is filled with illegal gold, and the other side of the pool knows that illegal gold exists... this means you are helping the silver sellers...
      the people who selling gold illegally are doing so to make real money. if they pump gold in to the exchange they arent getting any money for it so its a waste of their time
    • chtisto1992 schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

chtisto1992 schrieb:

Rosalia schrieb:

Logs in.
      Sells the Silver...

the people who selling gold illegally are doing so to make real money. if they pump gold in to the exchange they arent getting any money for it so its a waste of their time
      they cant sell gold anymore since the patch, which means they now sell silver instead of gold... same thing, now it just has to go through the exchange first... so the guy who buys silver can turn it into gold again..

@Gwandir i fear no ban fam!.